Spring is coming soon, and the body is looking a little flabby, what can I do to shape up? How can I build lean muscle before spring? Do I need to be an expert at weight training? What if I cannot afford a membership at the gym? Do these questions sound familiar? If they do, I have some very simple solutions to each of these questions. Everyone wants to be able to go to the beach and look good, but these same people do not know how to attain the body to do so. The answers to these questions are as simple as one, two, three. Achieving a well-toned body is attainable by adhering to the following steps.
The first step in attaining a well-toned body, is to enjoy the exercise program. It is a known fact that, half the people who start a program drop out within the first three weeks due to the lack of motivation. Several strong determinants can increase the chances of continued participation, such as, spousal support, available time, access to equipment, and enjoying what one is doing. If these few determinants are evident, success is only a heartbeat away. The best way to keep it fun, is to make it feel new each time they do the exercise.
Step number two in this process is to keep the program organized. I just do not have time is one of the most frequent excuses for not exercising. As busy adults, we plan our daily schedule around work, school, family and leisure activities. However, working out and exercising needs to be a priority if one wants to truly succeed in the program. The minute we allow ourselves to argue, Do I have the time to work out today? we have already decreased the chances of success.
Step three is to make exercise a habit. The most effective way...
... middle of paper ...
...ons, sets completed, and what body parts were involved. This self monitoring technique helps to stick with the program, and gives visual feedback plus an accurate record of ones progress toward their goals.
The final step is to enjoy their success. This exercise regimen will not only change ones body, but their attitude as well. They will feel better about their physique and their overall well being, and they will appreciate the value of training. Getting started may have been hard, keeping it going may have been harder, but one will now know they can do it and continue to improve a little every day.
In contradiction with the old saying, No pain no gain Exercise is a choice that one must make, a choice that not only benefits the body, but the mind as well. The body many have always wanted is not a dream, but it is a reality.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Getting in Shape Spring is coming soon, and the body is looking a little flabby, what can I do to shape up. How can I build lean muscle before spring. Do I need to be an expert at weight training. What if I cannot afford a membership at the gym. Do these questions sound familiar. If they do, I have some very simple solutions to each of these questions. Everyone wants to be able to go to the beach and look good, but these same people do not know how to attain the body to do so. The answers to these questions are as simple as one, two, three.... [tags: Papers]
660 words (1.9 pages)
- Whether you are already pregnant, or are still at that stage that you are contemplating pregnancy, now is a good time to think about your health and strength recovery program. Such a training program should take place not long after you give birth. The Importance of a Postnatal Training Program Living in Singapore has a lot of perks, specially for those who are about to become new moms. This is because Singapore is well-known globally for having an excellent hospital system, thoroughly modern and patient-friendly.... [tags: getting back in shape after giving birth]
658 words (1.9 pages)
- What is the perfect body shape. Throughout the years of adolescence and adult hood many women struggle to answer this question. The idea of the perfect body image changes as the years go by, but media tends to be the biggest influence on what every women should look like. Women tend to pay too much attention to the advertisements they see on television or magazines, and many are willing to do whatever it takes to achieve that body image. Society shows women that they should try and fit in while media shows them that one must have certain things and look a certain way to fit in.... [tags: Advertising, Sex in advertising]
1089 words (3.1 pages)
- Getting the Most Out of Your Muscles Why is oxygen very important in our daily life. How can muscle work help us to get oxygen every day. When we see athletes work out during their off-season, which means they’re getting into shape in order to get greater physical potential. We also use oxygen every single day when it comes to breathing, talking, walking, running in addition to any daily activity we do during our lives. Oxygen is very important throughout our lives because in order to perform our very own activities and tasks we have to provide energy to our body in addition to our muscle cells.... [tags: Muscle, Exercise physiology, Lactic acid]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Round is a Shape Not a Child Can someone deny a kids demand for fast food if what follows is a tantrum. Children have made their demand for fast food much harder for parents to reject. One can say it is easier to purchase a happy meal then having a screaming child at a grocery store. Children will do whatever it takes to get what they want. Unfortunately, as a parent we aren’t doing them a favor by getting them the fast food they want and we don’t acknowledge the severity of it. Buying breakfast, lunch, or dinner for a child from any fast food restaurant is causing them to become overweight later reaching obesity.... [tags: Nutrition, Food, Obesity, Fast Food Nation]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
How Race And Ethnicity Shape Identity Through The Media Show Society The Severity Of The Racist Law Enforcement
- Through the power of social media, whites and blacks alike are starting to understand what it is like to “live” like the other. The recent stories of police brutality circulating in the media show society the severity of the racist law enforcement. The hashtag, #Alivewhileblack, only begins to shed light on only some of these stories. However, This hashtag intends to be informative to everyone, not just the white community. #Alivewhileblack, conveys how race and ethnicity shape identity through struggle.... [tags: Racism, Race, Race, Police]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- There are many models and theories that shape the practice of social work and the ways in which professional social workers engage with their clients. Most of the models and theories that shape the practice are interchangeable and closely related or intertwined ideas but the oldest models like the Remedial Model, Reciprocal Model and the Social Goals models are the foundation for social work practice and the models and theories that govern it. In order to fully grasp the concepts of any of the resulting models and how to use any model in your practice, you as a practitioner must first master the definition and conceptional use of these models in practice.... [tags: Sociology, Social work]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- Do Advertisements Shape How We View Gender. Media is a powerful tool as most of the information that is transferred, shared or exchanged in the world happens via the media. One of its greatest purposes is advertising, which is a form of communication that is always intended to influence its viewers, listeners or readers to purchase a specific item, product or service as opposed to another. Even though many people don’t seem to realize it, advertisements, and especially television advertisements, are very powerful and are designed to affect our decisions (Schiffman 29).... [tags: Advertising ]
1217 words (3.5 pages)
- For many centuries in this patriarchal society, women have been put under men in terms of power. Being regarded as weak, dim-witted, and too emotional, women have only recently obtained rights such as being able to vote, or taking jobs in the workforce, as opposed to staying at home and raising children. Regardless of which country one lives in, women today are still fighting for equal rights. However, in order for women to be heard, they must be radical and extreme when fighting back from being infantilized ,oppressed and silenced.... [tags: Woman, Gender role, Gender, Performance]
1902 words (5.4 pages)
- Getting Into College Life is like an enormous theatrical performance, each person having the leading role, ready to determine his/her destiny. For each event in your life, you can reflect upon a stimulus, a cause. Yet there are so many events, so many years, days, hours, seconds in one's life. Which is the one, that one moment in time which knowingly or unknowingly changed your life to lead you to be just that, you. For many, it is impossible to pinpoint that moment. Yet for others, that time, place, and situation sits implanted in their mind like a snapshot in time.... [tags: essays research papers]
632 words (1.8 pages)