---― James Baldwin
To write about my role models, I could have picked teachers, I could have picked people extremely influential in their field, and I could have picked models and other aesthetically pleasing individuals. But instead, I found the perfect combination of all three: my mother. There isn't one person on this earth more educational, more competent, and more aesthetically pleasing than my mother. And there isn't one person on this earth that can re-direct my role model focus from her.
My mother has suffered parental loss, the threat of cancer and what might be one of the hardest things to do, raising two girls. At this stage in her life, my mother is a highly respected woman in the Psychology world, a highly respected woman in the Catholic Church, and a highly respected woman in my family. She's held us together in times...
... middle of paper ...
... in Monopoly and make unfair candy trades at Halloween. I'm still the world-class flutist, playing in my room for hours at a time, tirelessly. She always finds time to go to my concerts and recitals. But I'm so much more now. I'm a young adult. Soon to be a college student. I've transcended that "reprimand and scold" stage to the "friend and daughter" stage. My mother is my life and my soul, someone that will always be a part of me, no matter how old this little bunny gets.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In today’s society we are aware of many people that have done great things and set commendable examples of being righteous but so often the person closest to us is only noticed from a far. A mother is the person who gives you life even after she has given birth and she can be the greatest role model in our lives. “Young people have a range of role models, and particular reasons for choosing them. Many look to close relatives for their role models (Bricheno, P. & Thornton, M. and M.).” In the article, The Role of Religion in the Lives of Resilient, Urban, African American, Single Mothers by Anne E.... [tags: Personal Experience ]
603 words (1.7 pages)
- ... Once this disease was in your body, it leads to anemia. Anemia is dangerous because it limits the ability of the blood to carry oxygen to the baby's organs and tissues. Due to this she used to face many problems. She would at an abnormal time become pale and have trouble breathing. Well, to get rid of these problems she needed to get blood transfusions, intravenous fluids, help for respiratory distress using oxygen or a mechanical breathing machine, and exchange transfusion to replace the baby's damaged blood with fresh blood.... [tags: role, model, obstacles, accomplishments]
695 words (2 pages)
- For most of us, the family is considered as a well-known and comfortable institution. The perfect model of the ‘ideal’ family is still mostly considered to be consisted from two different sexes’ parents, and one or more children. Until quite recently, the sociology of the family was mostly functionalist and just in the last few decades has been challenged from various directions. According to Merriam-Webster (2011), the definition of a nuclear or traditional family means “a family group that consists only of father, mother, and children”.... [tags: Family, Mother, Parent, Father]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Mom: Teacher, Counselor, Role Model, and Friend When asked to identify the person who has had the most powerful influence in my life, the most obvious choice is my mom. She has been my teacher, counselor, role model, and friend for the past 17 years. For me, she has become a source of inspiration and a constant reminder of what true love really means. In considering my mother's position and influence as a role model, I am reminded of a quote from Charlotte Bronte's Villette: "In addition she gave me the originality of her character to study: the steadiness of her virtues...the power of her passions to admire, the truth of her feelings to trust.... [tags: Friendship Essay]
667 words (1.9 pages)
- Many of us have role models in our lives and to most people role models are athletes and movie stars, but to me a role model is much more. To me a role model is a person who has positively influenced someone in life, and is not a person filled with selfishness and greed. They help shape someone’s personality, and characteristics. They are people who someone can look up to for advice in a hard situation, and know that they will give those words of wisdom. They will never judge our past actions, instead only look to help because they really care.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Introducing-(need to finish) Do you ever feel that someone impacts your life and gives you a good outlook to life. Sometimes we come across a strong influential person who leaves a powerful impact on our life that gives us great advice and doesn 't stop us from enjoying life and helps us to appreciate what life hands you. Luckily for me , I came across my lovely grandmother who gave me as much support whenever needed. She made my life a great journey from the first day teaching me how to crawl to who I am today.... [tags: English-language films, Debut albums, Grandparent]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- There was once a man, for the sake of the story we’ll name him James. James had been lucky enough to be born into a great family. His parents had decent jobs their whole lives, so his family had money. With that money and a little bit of hard work it was not too hard for James to make it into one of the top universities, and graduate straight into a decent paying job. After a few years working at that job James had earned a nice house and a beautiful car. At this time he realized that he felt like he needed something more.... [tags: change, role model, life, journey]
2020 words (5.8 pages)
- Addison woke up and started to cry, as she had done off and on for the last couple months. It started to become a normal thing. Then again, not every teenage girl loses her father at nineteen. No one can predict the future, but they can plan for it. Growing up with a disabled father wasn’t always easy. Addie’s father was diagnosed with kidney disease and diabetes before Addison was born. Addie was constantly asked how her father was doing, if everyone was okay, what he did for a living. Hospital visits quickly become the ordinary, and surgery isn’t so scary.... [tags: Family, Mother, Pool, Father]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- A positive role model is defined as a person who serves as an example of the values, attitudes, and behaviours associated with a role. To be a positive role model there are multiple characteristics one must have. To improve the organisation for the good of its staff would be a positive role models desire. They want the business to succeed and always be improving so that the staff can benefit, a positive role model shows commitment to the organisation and the staff. To be a positive role model one must have good judgment and have the ability to see the “big picture”.... [tags: Learning styles, Auditory learning, Role model]
1364 words (3.9 pages)
- Ever since I was in eighth grade, I have been obsessed with Taylor Swift. She has been my role model since I was thirteen. When you look at most singers today, they have to be singing about drugs or alcohol, using vulgar language, or performing half-dressed. You never see Taylor Swift doing anything that she would be ashamed of later in life. On the other hand, she has had many relationships that have lasted short time periods. At least, she is not getting married for 72 days or even 24 hours such Kim Kardashian or Britney Spears.... [tags: dress, relationship, singer, role model]
904 words (2.6 pages)