European settlers first came to America in 1742 to start over and improve their life styles. It was mostly European settlers that originated America. They did not have a good enough chance to make good money or support there family in Europe so they moved to a new nation to start over or to get away from the war. This is what European basketball players are doing now coming to the NBA in America to improve on there basketball skills as well as make more money. The NBA is the best way for any basketball player to make the most money and to promote themselves.
Lately in the NBA you might have noticed a lot more players from Europe playing for different teams in the league. Previously in the European players did not have the opportunity to play professional basketball for the NBA. Players that did get a chance rarely succeeded in the league of the worlds best basketball players, they were most likely traded until teams realized the little amount of talent compared to NBA superstars in the European players and then cut...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- WHY THE NBA DREAM IS RUINING COLLEGE BASKETBALL The National Basketball Association is a corporate powerhouse with installments in nearly every major city in the United States. With the exception of European soccer, professional basketball generates more money per season than any other sport in the world. NBA superstars carry as much authority in the entertainment business as the most popular actors, comedians, and musicians. Even the guys who are last off the bench are making more money in one season than the average middle-class worker makes in five years.... [tags: essays research papers]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Professional basketball players in todays present day have been paid in the millions ranging from one million up to twenty five million a year. A million dollar is for an average pro basketball player and up to twenty five million for the superstars such as Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. More players in the NBA are being paid for their performance whereas overseas teams will pay to get any NBA player. Overseas teams will double an NBA player’s salary in order for them to play in their country because it will give them an advantage when they play in their league.... [tags: National Basketball Association, Boston Celtics]
831 words (2.4 pages)
- There are 5 seconds left on the clock in the last quarter, the coach calls a time out. Down by 2, the team has a chance to win the game. The whistle blows and the clock winds down, 5...The ball is passed in…4…the point guard dribbles around the key…3…the ball is passed to the shooting guard…2…the shooting guard passes it back to the point guard…1…the point guard shoots from behind the 3-point line…0. Countless fans across the globe may get thrills while watching an intense minor or professional basketball game, although, few actually know where or how this widely popular sport was created.... [tags: nba, basketball players, james naismith]
1397 words (4 pages)
- A potential conflict would amongst the coaching staff and players if this were to happen, but it would be a conflict in terms of the business of winning basketball games. The scouting, analysis of film, the studying of different player tendencies, the way the other teams defend ball screens, and even the plays that the other team runs would all be for nothing. It would be a waste of time and effort and could be taken as disrespect to the game of basketball and the opportunity that the coaches provided each player with.... [tags: Basketball, College basketball, James Naismith]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Lamar Carter known to all as, Vince Carter, was born on January 26.1977 in Daytona Beach, FL. Carter became an extraordinary leader at a young age. Carter used his talent to gain fame and fortune so that he could give back to his community and the less fortunate. During his years at Campbell Middle School he was the only seventh grader to ever play on the Varsity Basketball team, not only was he on the team but he was a starter on the team. While at Mainland High school he was captain of the Volleyball Team, member of the Marching Band and is known to be the most gifted basketball player to grace their court.... [tags: Biography Basketball]
1674 words (4.8 pages)
- Another person that has influenced me is an entrepreneur and retired professional Hall of Fame basketball player Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan is not only a retired professional basketball player that went to the University of North Carolina but he also hosted a numerous of basketball camps to give children the opportunity to live out their dreams. Mr. Jordan stated. “If you 're trying to achieve, there will be roadblocks. I 've had them; everybody has had them. But obstacles don 't have to stop you.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- How to Become a Professional Basketball Player Basketball a sport that is played throughout the whole world. When playing this sport all you need is a ball and basket. Though the basket does have to be a certain height kids play it in their classroom or outside. What I mean by this is that kids and even adults in the office treat a trash can as a basket and whatever their trash is as a ball. I got interested in this sport when I was in middle school in eighth grade moving on to high school.... [tags: Basketball, High school, Game, College basketball]
2075 words (5.9 pages)
- Josh Selby was the top high school basketball player in the United States, and his future as a professional basketball player in the National Basketball Association looked nothing but promising (Pick 1). The National Basketball Association, also known as the NBA, is the professional basketball league in America and consists of thirty teams. Every year, the NBA Draft takes place, and the thirty teams select players who are eligible for the league. If Selby had been eligible after his senior year of high school, he would have been a top pick.... [tags: Basketball, High school]
1672 words (4.8 pages)
- With five seconds left, the once psychotic crowd becomes as silent as a lion stalking its prey. The clock starts and all that can be heard is the opposing team running down the court dribbling the ball to shoot the final shot. The clock sends off a high-pitched shout. When the opposing team missed their shot, the crowd let out shrieks of joy and ran down onto the court to celebrate. Basketball was invented in 1891 by a Canadian Doctor named James Naismith and the game has changed dramatically since.... [tags: Basketball, National Basketball Association]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Basketball is a sport people love all over the world and has changed throughout history. College basketball in the 1930s gave younger athletes a new focus during the Great Depression. Professional basketball was an important distraction for people at the time as well.There were some top basketball teams that faced many issues with all the issues in the 1930s. Basketball was growing during the 1930s, serving as a distraction from the Great Depression at both the professional and collegiate level.... [tags: Sport History, College Basketball ]
1120 words (3.2 pages)