leading American computer software company. Microsoft develops and sells
a wide variety of computer software products in more than fifty countries.
Microsoft's Windows operating systems for personal computers are the most
widely use operating systems in the world. Microsoft had revenues of $14.4
billion for the fiscal year ending June 1998, and employs more than 27,000
people in 60 countries. Microsoft has it's headquaters in Redmond
Washington. Microsoft's other well known products include, Word, a word
processor; Excel, a spreadsheet program; Access, a database program; and
PowerPoint, a program used for making business presentations. These
products are sold separately from Windows as a part of Microsoft Office.
Microsoft also makes Back Office, an integrated set of server products for
businesses. Microsoft's Internet Explorer allows users to browse the World
Wide Web. Among Microsoft's other products are reference applications;
games; finical software; programming languages for software developers (eg;
Visual Basic) ; input devices, such as pointing devices and keyboards; and
computer related books. Microsoft operates The Microsoft Network
(MSN), a collection of news, travel, financial, entertainment, and information
Web sites. Microsoft and the National Broadcasting Company (NBC) jointly
operate MSNBC, a twenty four hour news, talk, and information cable
television channel and companion Web site. Microsoft was founded in 1975
by William H. Gates III and Paul Allen. The pair ...
... middle of paper ...
...ver $20 billion for the year to come,
the possibilities for the growth and success of Microsoft are virtually
inconceivable. We can only sit back and wonder what new tricks or ideas
Bill Gates and Microsoft have stashed up their sleeve. The forecast for the
future of Microsoft appears to be bright and sunny with clear sky's providing
a smooth ride into the next millennium.
Bibliography Works Cited Source #1
Jones-Yang,Dori. " The Empire Strikes Out " U.S. News & World Report
15 November 1999: 46-54. Source #2 " Bill Gates Web Site- Microsoft
Timeline " Nov. 1999: Microsoft.com. On-line. 10 Nov.1999.
[http://www.Microsoft.com/billgates/bio] Source #3 Microsoft 1999 Annual
Report [www.Microsoft.com/msft/ar99/hs.htm] Word Count: 1525
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Table of Contents History of Microsoft…………………………………………………………………..3&4 U.S vs Microsoft………………………………………………………………………5&6 Verdict……………………………………………………………………………...6,7,&8 What was Learned………………………………………………………………………10 History of Microsoft During the early seventies, type writers were the means of copying documents. Very few people knew anything about or heard of microcomputers. This all changed when two young computer enthusiasts, Paul Allen and Bill Gates, discovered a way to make computers more personal.... [tags: small business, IBM, internet]
2009 words (5.7 pages)
- Microsoft, one of the largest corporations in the world today, employs over 93,000 people and is a public, multinational company that manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of software products for computers and is most widely known for its Microsoft Windows operating system. Microsoft not only markets computer hardware products such as the Microsoft mouse and the Microsoft Natural keyboard, but it also manufactures and sells home entertainment products including, the Xbox, Xbox 360, and Zune.... [tags: computers]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Practically, there was a program manager and a print manager, furthering the viability of their use in the home setting; this was the first version in which Microsoft released a software development kit, to more easily allow developers to create to programs, which undoubtedly only furthered their popularity. In 1995, the newest installment in the Windows franchise, cleverly named, Windows 95, was the first to feature the iconic start button that allows quick access too many functions on the computer.... [tags: operating systems, bill gates]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- History of Microsoft My research paper is going to be on whether or not Microsoft should be broken up by the Justice Department. In order to understand what is going on in the trial, you need to know the history of Microsoft. Without knowing the history of Microsoft, there would be no way of forming an accurate opinion of whether Microsoft should be broken up or not. Microsoft first came into existence in 1975 and was founded by William H. Gates III(Bill Gates) and Paul Allen. The first product that they produced was the first version of the BASIC programming language for the Altair, which was the first personal computer.... [tags: essays research papers]
737 words (2.1 pages)
- History of Microsoft Microsoft Corporation, leading American computer software company. Microsoft develops and sells a wide variety of computer software products in more than fifty countries. Microsoft's Windows operating systems for personal computers are the most widely use operating systems in the world. Microsoft had revenues of $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ending June 1998, and employs more than 27,000 people in 60 countries. Microsoft has it's headquaters in Redmond Washington.... [tags: Papers]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Microsoft Corporation is the market leader in the U.S. computer software company. Microsoft was founded in 1975 by William H. Gates III and Paul Allen both had met during their studies , through their common love of programming with the PDP -10 computer from Digital Equipment Corporation. In 1975 they collaborated on the first version of the programming language BASIC for the MITS Altair computer, the first personal computer . This led to the creation of Microsoft in Albuquerque, New Mexico , in the same year.... [tags: software company, gates]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Microsoft History In terms of a progress, from uncivilized era of Stone Age to a civilized world of 21st Century, human mind has played a vital role in the society over the centuries. Human’s mind have gathered an ocean of knowledge, and created lot of device to make the world a better and comfortable place for the entire human race. There have been tremendous efforts and thoughts are invested to invent and create new products to leisure everyday life. Products such as automobiles, farming equipment, appliances and many electronic products have made life much easier since last century.... [tags: bill gates, technology, brand name]
1205 words (3.4 pages)
- The Microsoft corporations is the largest software and hardware company in the world. It is famous for Windows, office and Xbox. Microsoft mission statement: Accessibility make it easier for everyone to see, hear, and use technology, and to personalize their computers to meet their own needs and preferences. For many people with impairments, accessibility is what makes computer use possible. Microsoft products: • Windows • Xbox • Microsoft health • Windows phone • Internet explorer • Microsoft office • Visual Studio Microsoft is a Public Company, that Microsoft has its headquarters ____________________ USA Microsoft Strengths: the brand itself is huge.... [tags: windows, computers, technology]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- History of Computers: Microsoft Windows Every time I turn on my Dell computer the screen pops up that says loading Windows XP software. My roommate turns on her computer and it says the same thing, as with most people on my floor. Today this seems to be the trend with most computers no matter what brand of hardware. This was not always the case though, Windows software is actually a fairly new technology that has grown much over the years and continues to develop and change even today.... [tags: Computers Software Technology Essays]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- William Henry Gates III, or more commonly known as Bill Gates, was born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington. He began to show an interest in technology at the age of 13, creating a software program to play tic-tac-toe. Over time, he and his partner Paul Allen built the world’s largest software business, Microsoft. With Microsoft’s great success, Bill Gates turned out to be one of the richest men in the world. In February 2014, Bill Gates decided to step down as the chairman of Microsoft. Microsoft started off as a small computer company with only 25 workers and a small office.... [tags: technology, software, IBM]
1029 words (2.9 pages)