To have friends is an essential part of life and comfort. When you were little you had friends in school that you could play with. You shared your toys with them and laughed with them while the teacher was speaking. When you were in middle school, you probably adopted a clique of friends to see after class and hang out with after school. Later on in high school, you most likely narrowed your choice to one companion that you could share your troubles with. These are the people you chose to spend that time of your life with, and these are the people that cultivated who you are. Everyone has certain expectations of what a valuable friend should be like. What I think makes a friend is loyalty, personality and availability.
A good friend has to be loyal and trust worthy. You can't live your life afraid that the person that you trust the most is going to betray you. I think in the beginning of each friendship you should test your friend's loyalty. You should never tell them too much of yourself too soon and have high expectations. When they have proven to you that they have a good heart and don't mean malice to you, then you should hold them close to your heart. It is a strong feeling of sanctuary to know that the person you call at night to spill your life to will never tell a soul. It is not good to keep things inside all the time and sometimes you need someone to share your feelings with. At other times you want someone to listen to your daily life and go through the same trials of events that happen to you; however, your friends can give you an objective point of view.
Excellent friends are the ones who are enjoyable to be with. They have to have an amazing ...
... middle of paper ...
...an share. When you don't spend time with your friend, both of your lives will seem distant and there won't be anything to talk about either.
Who influences you when you are younger affects who you are in the future. When you are young, your mind is very fragile and is easily brainwashed by external factors. If you pick friend that has bad values you are most likely to attain the same values. There is an old saying that goes "You are who you hang out with". It is a very simple saying but there is a whole lot of truth in it. A really good friend is one who will give you good morals and has a good conscience. The person will help you gain strength and help you stand up for yourself. You want somebody that stands up straight by your side and is proud to have someone like you by theirs. An ideal friend will help you grow as a person and build your character.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In “Apology”, Plato insists about Socrates’ life and his qualities. Socrates appeared as talented as a simple man, friendly in communicate, quick-witted and sharp in repartee, love people Athens, and especially respect truthfulness and honestly. As Plato’s essay said, Socrates believed that the care of human soul is the biggest concern of the people, so he spent a lot of time to consider his personal life and the lives of people of Athens. There are 2 charges against Socrates in the Apology. First, Plato shows that the philosophy of Socrates started from an event that seems to have the arrangements of destiny – when he was middle-aged, Socrates’ friend, Chaerephone, strongly went to the temp... [tags: Plato, Philosophy, God, Socrates]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Two minutes till the bomb detonates. A nuclear bomb in his own cave, one powerful enough to take out the whole city, and only two minutes to decide its destiny. He has two options- one to leave the city and save himself on his bat mobile, or find a way to save the city. As a true hero would, Batman chooses the second path. In the Dark Knight Rises, Batman exemplifies the makeup of a true hero- one who uses his wits, courage, and wisdom to save his people. He may have been portrayed with glamorous looks and an amazing costume, but on the inside, he maintained the makeup of a real hero.... [tags: Wit, Wisdom, Courage]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- In all sports, such as basketball, baseball, and soccer, there 's always one person who takes charge to lead the team and represent the coach. These team leaders have special qualities that are important for every leader, and can decide if the team has a good or bad season. To be a successful leader in your team you must develop this qualities. Leaders take the responsibility of representing the coach. During a game, the team cannot always hear the coach. The team 's captain never loses control of the communication that happens on the court or field, especially between face offs.... [tags: Leadership, Skill, Coaching, SKILL]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- After having a relationship for a couple of years that did not last long with my friend I learned how to make good friendship with people I don’t know and how to make a perfect relationship without having any problems by being honest ,caring and forgiveness. From this experience that I went through, I found out that for someone to have a good friendship. The friendship needs to consists these three qualities of being honest , caring and forgiveness for the friendship to be strong and last forever.... [tags: Interpersonal relationship, Friendship, Want]
714 words (2 pages)
- Teaching Philosophy Belief Paper The purpose of this paper is to state what I believe to be important qualities of a teacher. I have gained insightful information from my Advance Children’s Literature class, Elementary Curriculum, and Black Ants and Buddhists book. The information I have retained, I hope to utilize it in my future classroom. I expect to have a support system in my classroom, healthy relationship with students and parents, use a community of resources, teach in multiple perspectives, and use dialogic teaching.... [tags: Education, Learning, Critical thinking, Thought]
1250 words (3.6 pages)
- During a person 's lifetime you meet a lot of people. You have your family for better or for worse they are always going to be with you. Than you have your every day strangers that you see everywhere you go. Some of theses strangers you meet and you get along with and some of them you might become friends with. But their are only a few people that you call your best friend. To have a best friend you have to have a few qualities that make a good friendship with one another. Being someone 's friend is nice, but having a best friend is great thing to have, but a hard thing to maintain.... [tags: Friendship, Interpersonal relationship, Virtue]
874 words (2.5 pages)
- Hamlet: A Man of Many Qualities Hamlet is a man of many different qualities and he reveals only certain qualities to certain people. Hamlet draws his audience, the reader, into noticing the different qualities that he has. His qualities are shown through his conversations with other characters as well as through his soliloquies. These words of wisdom and revealance help to distinguish how Hamlet feels about each other character that he encounters. The phrases and speeches that Hamlet addresses are both poetic and piercing.... [tags: Shakespeare Hamlet Essays]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Through my experiences I have come to realize that there are basically three types of friends a person can have. There are friends that I call “sometimes” friends, these people appear to be your friend but only when you are face to face with them, and when you are not around them they act more like a foe. They are often referred to as two faced or a back stabber. These types of friends are not very reliable nor should they be trusted. Another type of friend a person can have, and the best kind, is a “true” friend.... [tags: essays research papers friendship relationships]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Surely, everyone is fond of the idea of friendship. In fact, to most people living on this earth believe that friends are the most important part of their lives. There have been lots of sayings, quotes, movies and music about the theme, friendship; and this also impacted many people in the way they see the idea of having friends and that it is worthwhile to have someone to rely on. The importance of friendship cannot just be forgotten like a snap of one’s fingers. It has stuck on to the minds of people through movies, such as ‘Harry Potter’ and TV series, like ‘Friends’.... [tags: friendship essay, my best friend]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- A Definition of a Friend Friendship is not simply a "relationship", knowing someone, conversing with that person, or dealing with that person in business, school, or in casual acquaintance. True friendship is not just a "relationship", but self-sacrificing love. A friend is also one who supports, sympathizes, and is a person in whom you can confide. There are unique qualities that a person must have to be considered a friend. An acquaintance is not automatically considered a friend. Just because you know someone does not mean there is an instant friendship.This does not mean that an acquaintance cannot change into a valued friendship.... [tags: Definition Friends Friendship Essays]
645 words (1.8 pages)