I know I should lose weight. It requires a lot of perseverance that I one time had and need to find again. Many of the reasons I should lose weight are very clear to me. I have read many articles and have heard what my doctor has told me. I lost over forty pounds about three years ago, unfortunately, I gained it back two fold when I was pregnant with my daughter. I still have not been able to get rid of this weight since she was born. Sometimes it causes me to get tired just from going to the grocery store. I also found out in September of last year that I have hypertension (high blood pressure) which effected my vision drastically by the following November. Other problems are social such as the way some people look at me in public and the way I view myself. Three the possible effects of losing weight would be gaining energy, better health, and having a better physical appearance.
One of the immediate effects of losing weight for anyone is usually gaining energy. When I get that extra boost of energy that I have not felt in a while, it is a most wonderful experience. I am able to get things done at home that I have been procrastinating about for weeks and sometimes months. It would be marvelous to have that driving force almost everyday just because I lost some weight. Without a doubt, I would use the extra energy to exercise so I could lose more weight and gain more energy. There are so many things that I would love to do with my family, but I only have so much stamina to do them now. I do not spend enough time with my friends either because I am too tired to go anywhere and do anything with them. Right now, it is only a dream of mine to feel energetic most of the day. I wis...
... middle of paper ...
...hat I will live a longer life would greatly increase as well. Being thinner would enable me to shop at any clothing store I wanted and look good in almost anything I wear. I would be able to look at myself in the mirror and be proud of myself for having the willpower to lose the weight. If I do not lose this weight, I may someday lose the ability to enjoy the things that I still have the energy to do now. What if I get diabetes or lose the ability to walk because my joints have given out on me? With all the positive effects of losing weight and all the negative effects of being fat staring me in the face, I need to put my best effort forward and lose this weight. It is not the time to act and stick to it. I not only want to gain better health, energy, and look better by losing weight; I want to gain the freedom from the heaviness it has created in my heart.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The clock ticks two o’clock in the morning, I wake up with sweat all over my body and the bed. My body is trembling, and the walls are swirling around me. My night stand is lined up with black totes of medical supplies; I call for my mom who rushes in and grabs one of the totes. She takes out a pricker and pricks my throbbing finger. My parents and older brother stare and watch with fear in their eyes. Diabetes has gotten the best of me. It was not always like this. I was an average seven year old boy enjoying the youthful life.... [tags: Diabetes mellitus, Insulin, High school]
1715 words (4.9 pages)
- Losing my Best Friend Life puts everyone through tough situations that can be life changing. These situations can teach us lessons that we never thought we would learn. I had a personal experience of almost losing a person who meant the world to me. The moment when life and death is on the line, you begin to realize what it really means. My freshman year of high school I met a guy named Justin Dicus. He was an amazing football player, all his friends looked up to him. There was nothing not to like about him.... [tags: Thought, Mind, Debut albums, Left-wing politics]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative- Wrestling CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, CLAP, echoes through my head as I walk to the middle of the mat. "At 160lbs Aidan Conner of La Junta vs. Rodney Jones of Hotchkiss." All I can think of is every bead of sweat, every drip of blood, every mile, every push up, every tear. Why. All of this: just to be victorious. All in preparation for one match, six minutes. For some these six minutes may only be a glimpse, and then again for some it may be the biggest six minutes of their life. Many get the chance to experience it more than once.... [tags: Personal Narrative Essays]
1389 words (4 pages)
- I have always had issues with my body and my weight. This unfortunately started at a very young age for me. In grade school I was the girl who towered over everyone, and was a little more build than the typical girl my age. All the other kids in my grade looked basically the same from my point of view. There was one other girl who was the same height as me and the kids nicknamed us the “twin towers”. I remember wanting to look like anyone but me at that time. Today I am considered average height and can only wish for a pair of long legs.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
893 words (2.6 pages)
- Adding exercises into one’s daily routines can change their whole lifestyle. Many people look at exercise as being something just for people who want to lose weight or to become muscle bound, but there are a great deal of benefits that can be received from exercising regularly. Of course gaining muscle and losing fat are the two most popular reasons that usually attract people to the gym, but they make up a small part of the potential benefits that can be achieved with exercise. There are several ways in which I have benefited in my life from exercising regularly, besides just making me bigger and stronger.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- The day started like any other. I woke up with my little sister, Callia, threatening to dump water all over me because I was going to make her late for classes; my only friend, Zac, teasing Callia as he waited for me to be ready so we could go to work; and a feeling of grief crushing me as it had since my parents died in an accident a year and a half ago. I got up despite my lack of motivation. I went through the normal day functions not really thinking and ignoring Zac and whatever tyrant he was going on about.... [tags: callia, aunt lamia, zac]
1218 words (3.5 pages)
- As a nanny, I’ve witnessed my kids saying some obscure things. The weirdest, however, was when I was watching my favorite dynamic duo. Ashton, who is eight years old and about to start the third grade, and Avery, who is four and in her second year of preschool. To keep up their education over the summer, the children did half an hour of workbooks a day. One day in late August, Ashton did not stop working when the timer went off. I didn’t think much of it. Then an hour passed, then two, and Ashton was still sitting at that table plowing through his workbook.... [tags: High school, College, Suicide, Education]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- 10 ways of losing weight naturally. Looking good is one of the many universal feelings that everyone would want to have. For ladies in particular, being in a good curvy shape I guess means more to you than anything. Masculinity also demands a good shape and this in a reason that every one of us need to consider cutting down the fats that deems us shapeless and bulky for no reason. Cutting weight is a good thought but cutting it naturally is way better than the new unhealthy means that everyone seem to be running for.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Obesity, Weight loss]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Personal Diet and Weight Loss Management Analysis Each morning I get on the scales and hope that I can celebrate losing a pound or two. The numbers I see on the scale represent a gauge that keeps me moving forward in a weight loss program. When I look at the numbers on the scale I realize I am making progress in losing weight, however, am I putting my body at more risk just by limiting certain foods. Comparing and contrasting my typical diet to the amounts of daily nutrients recommended in the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food Guide Pyramid has proven that I am not a healthy eater.... [tags: losing weight loss program]
2640 words (7.5 pages)
- Losing Weight the Correct Way Though many Americans are in the diet and weight-loss craze, the population as a whole is still considered overweight (Lemonick). This may be due to many factors, such as lack of nutrition in food and having a slothful lifestyle. Also, as people pursue other interests, such as careers and family life, they ignore keeping themselves healthy and fit. To maintain health and life span, one must exercise, eat moderately, and eat foods that have nutritional value. If one follows this plan, one can successfully lose weight and be healthy.... [tags: Health Exercise Weight Loss Essays Nutritin]
741 words (2.1 pages)