Evolution is a theory to explain facts. Creationism is a myth to explain facts. Evolution is proven through facts; creationism is a story about facts. There is a constant debate going on with science versus religion, but the interesting point to realize it that science creates the facts, and all the creationists (the religious) can do it argue evolutionists theories. So what can be inferred is that evolutionists provide the evidence, and the creationists try and prove the evolutionists wrong. Mind you, any group, not just particularly the creationists, can easily fill this job. Notice, in the study of fossils there is a similarity in the make-up of animals, if the 'wise creator' (God) created all animals, why would he make a half dozen types of human species? Many of the debates between creationists and evolutionists include the argument about the creation of earth; but one side is more logical when evaluating the facts.
God created man is what the Creationists believe. But what is proven true through fact is that there were five or six t...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Evolutionism versus Creationism Evolution is a theory to explain facts. Creationism is a myth to explain facts. Evolution is proven through facts; creationism is a story about facts. There is a constant debate going on with science versus religion, but the interesting point to realize it that science creates the facts, and all the creationists (the religious) can do it argue evolutionists theories. So what can be inferred is that evolutionists provide the evidence, and the creationists try and prove the evolutionists wrong.... [tags: Papers]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- In the beginning, God created the Heavens and the Earth. Or so it said. Then this mystical being, this Intelligent Designer, went on. He made the sun and the moon, the sea and the lands, and all the beasts of the planet. Then, he concluded with man. All this creation in 6 short days. Everything that we know, everything that we are, is supposedly derived from this short span of mass design. However, this information is quite contradictory to what modern science tells us. And that, in and of itself, is the essence of the nationwide debate.... [tags: science versus religion]
984 words (2.8 pages)
- Creation Versus Evolution “Creation Versus Evolution.” What’s wrong with this title. Read it to yourself a few times, and then answer that question. We’ve all heard of the argument. Creationism, the idea that God created all the species as they appear today, versus Evolutionism, the idea that all life evolved from simple bacteria to all the species that appear today, is a familiar controversy. Ever since Darwin first published the Theory of Evolution in his controversial 1859 book The Origin of Species, the debate has raged between religion and science.... [tags: Creationism Evolution Science Religion Essays]
4908 words (14 pages)
- ... Rock formations that contain the red iron exhibit that the first amounts of oxygen did not immediately drift towards earth’s atmosphere, but instead dissolved into the oceans, where it was “combined with soluable iron ions (ferrous) which formed insoluble ferric ion” (Triebes, 190). Furthermore, geological records also indicate that red iron bands stopped appearing in rocks around two billion years ago, and at that point, the “earth’s rocks had locked up nearly all of the oxygen that they could absorb” (Triebes, 190).... [tags: God-related coincidence, religious beliefs]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- Evolutionism and Creationism in Schools Today One of the biggest controversies in schools today is the debate between Evolutionism and Creationism and which should be taught in the United State's science classes. Many Christians believe that Creationism should be given equal time in schools, but others feel that teaching Creationism is teaching religion. Those fighting for equal time say that Creationism can be taught without all the religious jargon. Also many argue that Evolutionism is just as much a belief system as Creationism (Creation vs.... [tags: Religion Science Research Papers]
2626 words (7.5 pages)
- Creationism versus Evolution 3. Introduction 3.1. Definitions 3.5. Variants of Creationism 3.7. Evolution investigation 4. Historical oppositions 4.2. Debates 4.5. Conclusion 5. Appendix 6. Work Cited Introduction Creationism and evolution, born through historical significance which continues throughout time in a clash between the two and their followers, such conflict has led people to debate and prohibit the teachings of each other. Evolution suffers this anti-teaching law in many religious cultures and schools, while creationism seems to come in various forms that some variants may accept evolution itself in its teachings.... [tags: Variants, Investigation, Historical Opposition]
1225 words (3.5 pages)
- Questions on the origin of life and of the universe must have challenged human curiosity and imagination as soon as early man had time for activities other than survival. In 1859, Charles Darwin published the Origin of Species, and since then, people have debated between the creationism and evolutionism theories. The theory of evolution has been supported only through various religious writings, particularly the Bible. Creationists believe in a divine creator, God. Creationism has a broad range of beliefs involving a reliance on God’s miraculous work to explain the origin of the universe, of life, and of the different kinds of plants and animals on Earth.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Most people view the theory of evolution as being a feasible explanation of how life became what is today. Evolution is a theory that the various organisms are descended from others that lived in earlier times and that the differences are due to inherited changes that occurred over many generations. It must be realized that evolution is a theory and cannot be considered a fact. Even though it’s roots are from Greek anatomists, the theory of evolution came to light in 1859 when Charles Darwin published his book The Origin of Species, which dealt with natural selection.... [tags: essays research papers]
2406 words (6.9 pages)
- There is a difference between Darwinism and Creationism, one is based on data and the other is based on belief. Darwinism concerns itself as a science, that is explained by scientific methodology. Biological evolution concerns changes in living things during the history of life on earth. It explains that living things share common ancestors and over time evolutionary change gives rise to new species. On the other hand, the ideas of creation science is derived from the conviction of most Abrahemic religions that God created the universe-including humans and other living things-all at once in the relatively recent past.... [tags: Science Creationism Darwinism Papers]
1971 words (5.6 pages)
- In a typical American high school, Mr. Doe, the science teacher begins his discussion on the theory of evolution. John, a student opposes the idea the humans came from apes and evolved. John believes that men came from God and that man was created in 6 days. Jane hears this and argues against John, “How could anything possibly be created in 6 days. This sort of project would take millions of years!” By using up all 45 minutes of class time discussing creationism and evolution, this is a metaphor to the eternal debate as to the origin of the human species.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1783 words (5.1 pages)