Many people try to discredit what the Bible teaches, but my faith comes from God, through his word, The Holy Bible. Billy Graham wrote, “Because the Bible is God's inspired Word, it does not contradict itself or teach falsehoods--because God cannot lie. We may not understand every detail of Scripture, but we must never lose sight of the fact that it is God's Word and not man's ideas or opinions.”
Quote from an Authoritative Source
It is comforting to know that there is a God that cares for us. Dr. James Dobson, in “In The Arms of God” describes that the love of God’s is deeper, than any problem or circumstance that we may ever encounter. “Even when life does not make sense, God has not lost control of our lives. He wants us to trust Him. His presence is very near.”
Proverbs 29:2 “ When the godly are in authority, the people rejoice. But when the wicked are in power, they groan.” As a nation, our country groaned at each new episode of our unfaithful president. How the mood changed when a godly man was put into the office.
Walking with God for the past 10 years, He has shown me that my dependency for his infinite wisdom in my life will never cease. During this time, my relationship with my wife has changed considerably. We have gone through our times together with and without God in our lives. Many of my decision that I have made It is by His grace that we are still married.
As I reflect on the last 10 years of my life, walking with God, I can see the changes that God has brought into my life. When I walked with out God, I trusted in my ability, not God’s. I put my faith in my self. The more I walk with God, the more I trust him,
... middle of paper ...
... forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some [is]; but exhorting [one another]: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.” Being apart of a local church that preaches the Gospel of Christ, instead of religiosity, allows one self to be in a position to hear God’s Word.
Faith is reinforced in marriage Having a spouse that has also accepted Christ, not only reinforces my faith toward God, but it strengthens our marriage.
Teaching our children One of the many attributes of God is that he is a loving father. The Bible clearly shows us how our relationship should be with our children. Raising children with Godly principles not only lays a foundation for the children for the rest of their lives, it also builds a long lasting faith. “Pro 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Secondly, much of what I would use, would be an apologetic response, and finally, I would put into context the legitimacy of the Bible as in compariasson to other literatures in which they believe it is similar to, or no different from. TESTIMONIAL RESPONSE Using testimony to prove belief in the Bible, has always been a strong point in my being able to effectively share the truth with those who are questioning, or are unsure. I would probably firstly approach the situation by explaining to them how the Word of God saved my life.... [tags: testamonial, faith, God]
697 words (2 pages)
- The Bible is God's Word Many people try to discredit what the Bible teaches, but my faith comes from God, through his word, The Holy Bible. Billy Graham wrote, “Because the Bible is God's inspired Word, it does not contradict itself or teach falsehoods--because God cannot lie. We may not understand every detail of Scripture, but we must never lose sight of the fact that it is God's Word and not man's ideas or opinions.” Quote from an Authoritative Source It is comforting to know that there is a God that cares for us.... [tags: Papers]
1051 words (3 pages)
- A pastor has a great responsibility to minister the Word of God and to be a shepherd to his people. The pastor must be committed to biblical truths when he engages the work of the ministry. Some of these truths include: The Bible is the infallible Word of God, his preaching must be from the Word of God, and he must do proper exegesis to get to the authorial intent and proclaim that to his congregation. Another aspect of the minister’s preaching is to preach with the intent to advance the kingdom of God.... [tags: Christian terms, Christianity, Jesus, Preacher]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The Bible, sacred book of Christianity, it includes collections of ancient writings, which are split into two sections referred to as the old (Hebrew Bible ) and the new testament. It is said to be the most influential book in western history, as we owe our culture and moral compass to it. Historically the Bible has been seen as authoritative, as it is believed to be the infallible ‘word of God’, as writers were divinely inspired. However divisions about interpretations can be seen historically, typically in regards to translation.... [tags: christianity, jesus, society]
2064 words (5.9 pages)
- Bible as the Inspired Word of God The Bible is the work of various authors, who lived in different continents and wrote in different eras. Furthermore, much of the text does not claim to have been 'dictated' by God and is not always God speaking to people. In parts it consists of people speaking to God, as in the Psalms, and people speaking to people, as in the New Testament letters written by Paul. In light of this, some maintain that it is not possible to treat the Bible as a book of divine oracles, delivered once by God and recorded by its authors through divine inspiration, since biblical authors were products of their time and subsequently their understan... [tags: Papers]
1104 words (3.2 pages)
- The Bible as the Word of God What would a logical person accept as proof of God. Would he require God Almighty to appear before him in order to acknowledge His existence. Would he apply this same criteria to everything else in life. For example, would he not believe in the President of the United States unless he saw him in the flesh. He might counter that he has seen his photograph, but this does not meet the original criteria. Such photos are evidence based upon other evidence. That is, confidence in the news media and photography.... [tags: Papers]
1338 words (3.8 pages)
- The bible was written as an account of what many viewed that God had accomplished so his actions and words could be passed on for generations. Some believe it is a literary account and some believe it is a historical account. The word of God in the bible comes in many forms and is left up to interpretation by the reader. Some believe that the word of God should be the only word and should be strictly followed. Some believe that the words are meant as a guideline to help us through life. Whatever your belief is you can always seem to find the meaning behind your belief through the word of God in the Bible.... [tags: Bible, God, Religion, Jesus Christ]
1368 words (3.9 pages)
- Growing up in the midwest a common thing I grew up hearing was if you believe and worship God you will be sent to heaven but if you don’t you will go to hell and that was that. The thing no one ever talked about was what happens if you have never heard the word of God. Being in a primarily Christian community I never really thought about people not knowing about the Christianity. So the question is what happens to the people who have never heard the word of God. If someone lives in a remote part of the world and has never heard the word of God does that mean that when they die they will go to hell.... [tags: Christianity, Jesus, Bible, New Testament]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Spanning fifteen hundred years with over 30,700 manuscripts, extensive archaeological evidence and 2000 prophecies that have been fulfilled, the Bible is God 's word to us. (Yohn, 2013). In the Bible, the Father is essentially giving us a picture of the history of the world and is also leading us to a place where we must make a decision that involves whether we choose to accept his son or reject him and remain guilty. Additionally, the Word of God tells us what happened that caused this breach between us and God, the result of this and how God has rectified it through the blood of his son.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, Bible, Christianity]
1676 words (4.8 pages)
- Dear friends, I cannot stress enough how critical it is that we remain diligent in our personal studies of the Word of God. It does not matter who is in the pulpit teaching. It is our own responsibility to make sure that what we are being fed, our spiritual food, which I fondly call "Soul Food"; is supported by the Holy Spirit inspired texts. "So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who is at work in you, both to will and to work for His good pleasure." Philippians 2:12&13 NAS Number 5.... [tags: Word of God, Religion, Bible, Jesus Christ]
1388 words (4 pages)