Working at Woodcreek Athletic Club is the best job I ever had. The hours and pay were great. I had the best boss anyone could have, and I learned an astounding amount.
The hours and pay made working at Woodcreek very enjoyable. My schedule was very flexible and could usually adjust it to fit my needs. If I needed to pick the kids up from school I could come in early so that I could leave early. I could also work out or play racquetball during working hours. They never would say anything to me as long as the club was operating smoothly. My lunch hour was also very flexible. For instance, if I had a lunch date at 11:00am on Wednesday I could take my lunch hour then. Or if I had a lunch date on Friday at 1:00pm I could take my lunch hour then. I also never had any problem getting a day off if I needed it. The pay was also outstanding. Based on a national survey of health clubs in the Free Weight Magazine I was making a salary that placed me in the top five percent of my job classification. The best part about my pay and hours was that I did not...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Personal Narrative- My Love of Reading and Writing Reading and writing has always played a vital part in my life. From toddler to adult, pre-elementary to college, I’ve managed to sharpen both skills to my liking. However, even though it significantly helped, schooling was not what influenced me to continue developing those skills into talent. Many different things shaped and influenced my learning, and now reading and writing have become the safety net of my life. I know that even if I have nothing else in the future, I’ll still have my talent and knowledge.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1398 words (4 pages)
- It was a Monday night; I remember it like it was yesterday. I had just completed my review of Office Administration in preparation for my final exams. As part of my leisure time, I decided to watch my favorite reality television show, “I love New York,” when the telephone rang. I immediately felt my stomach dropped. The feeling was similar to watching a horror movie reaching its climax. The intensity was swirling in my stomach as if it were the home for the butterflies. My hands began to sweat and I got very nervous.... [tags: essay about myself, Personal Experience]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Personal Narrative: My Favorite Movie Something To Sing About Every since I can remember I have liked to watch movies, I would never watch a scary Movie during the right time. I would watch it during the day so I would not be as scared At night. POWER RANGERS THE MOVIE was my all time favorite. One reason why Is that they have new swords, swords are what they use to fight off the bad guys to save The world. Another reason is because I got a crush on the yellow ranger she is real cute To me.... [tags: Papers]
359 words (1 pages)
- Personal Narrative- My Life as a Student, Athlete and Christian “I knew this was bliss, knew it at the time.” These words of Eudora Welty, although expressing her feeling from devouring book after book, can also be applied to my life. While not relating to my literacy, Welty’s lexis nonetheless conveys my own feelings after learning the significance of hard work. I’ve put excess effort in performing the roles of a student, an athlete, and a Christian. Success and growth in each component of my life has taught me the value and necessity of a strong work ethic.... [tags: Personal Perspective]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- As the first rays of the sun peak over the horizon, penetrating the dark, soft light illuminates the mist rising up from the ground, forming an eerie, almost surreal landscape. The ground sparkles, wet with dew, and while walking from the truck to the barn, my riding boots soak it in. The crickets still chirp, only slower now. They know that daytime fast approaches. Sounds, the soft rustling of hooves, a snort, and from far down the aisle a sharp whinny that begs for breakfast, inform me that the crickets are not the only ones preparing for the day.... [tags: Personal Narrative, descriptive essay]
1571 words (4.5 pages)
- Night of Funk- Personal Narrative Halloween night this year was a night of tension. With the recent terrorist attacks, people, including myself, were worried about going out that night. All over the news, reporters were warning us to stay away from certain places and the warning signs of another terrorist attack. So, what were all of us college kids going to do. I decided to be brave and go downtown. I figured, if they nuke Boston, I’ll be dead in Allston (where I live). Friends of mine from Berklee College of Music were playing a huge show at Bill’s Bar on Lansdowne Street.... [tags: Free Essays]
401 words (1.1 pages)
- The Worst Best Job Trimming Christmas trees is a hard job, but it is one of my favorites thus far. The biggest reasons that it is a hard job are the heat, the bees, and the poison ivy. Despite all the hard things that we have to go through it is a fun job. Most of the employees that work there are teenagers like myself. However, there were some men in there 40's that had worked there since they were my age. Even though they were not bosses they felt that they were and really made it hard to work at times.... [tags: Personal Narrative]
1874 words (5.4 pages)
- Christmas eve ended with me crying on our living room floor because my mom wanted me to eat just one of her famous sugar cookies. Her cookies had always been one of my favorite Christmas traditions, but this year when I looked at the cookies, all I could see were calories and guilt. They smelled and looked delicious, but just the thought of taking one bite filled me with anxiety and fear. I consider this the moment I realized my eating disorder had completely taken over my life. I had become obsessed with calories and weight as a way to feel in control of my life and gain confidence.... [tags: Nutrition, Health, Health economics]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- As a military brat, I’ve been lucky enough to lead a very eventful and unique life so far. I’ve been able to live abroad and meet many wonderful, different people. It also brought a lot of responsibility as well. My dad was deployed frequently, usually for nine months at a time. My step-mom suffers from both bipolar disorder and depression. Deployments were particularly difficult for her and she’d check out of parenting and rely on me to care for my younger brother and sister. It was difficult for me, especially just being 12, but it was something I knew needed to be done for my family.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- The day started like any other. I woke up with my little sister, Callia, threatening to dump water all over me because I was going to make her late for classes; my only friend, Zac, teasing Callia as he waited for me to be ready so we could go to work; and a feeling of grief crushing me as it had since my parents died in an accident a year and a half ago. I got up despite my lack of motivation. I went through the normal day functions not really thinking and ignoring Zac and whatever tyrant he was going on about.... [tags: callia, aunt lamia, zac]
1218 words (3.5 pages)