Staying healthy and eating right is a lifestyle that many people should consider. A juicy hamburger from McDonalds dripping with special sauce topped with cheese is not exactly considered a healthy meal. Our society today is busy and on the go at all times. It is so much easier to stop and get fast food and then continue on. However, we should stop and think; is it really worth it to not eat right and exercise?
Studies have shown, people that eat right and exercise live longer. Eating fattening foods clogs your heart with cholesterol and fat. People that do not exercise and continue to eat unhealthy foods will slow their metabolism. This is why over 70% of our society are overweight today. My grandfather has had problems with his heart in the past mostly because he was very overweight and eating the wrong foods. The doctor advised him to exercise and eat right. Now, after two years of following this advice, his heart is stronger than ever. The doctor informed him that at least ten years has been added to his life. Exercising and eati...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Healthy Holiday Entertaining As the holiday approaches, numerous parties can be seen almost everywhere and comes with it were sumptuous and decadent dishes. Staying healthy can be a tedious job especially during the holidays thus planning healthy meals is a must when you’re the one hosting the feast. Make time to plan every recipe you’ll be serving and cut on those calorie-laden temptations but making healthier food options. Holidays need not to be all about indulgent eating, but it should be more focused on enjoying the holidays with family and friends.... [tags: staying healthy, life styles]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- The components of a healthy lifestyle include many things. A few examples of these components are eating right, exercising regularly, and keeping your mind calm and content. Eating right means staying on a healthy diet. This does not mean that you cannot eat sweets or fatty foods, it just means that you should constantly keep in mind how a certain food will affect your body. One wants to always remain in control, do not gorge yourself and then skip a few meals to make up for it. Always keep things in proportion, such as maybe eating a light healthy breakfast and lunch and then allowing yourself a slightly heavier food for dinner or for snack.... [tags: components of a healthy lifestyle]
668 words (1.9 pages)
- Healthy eating means eating a variety of foods that gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feeling good with your health conditions, and having enough energy throughout the day (Nordqvist). A poor diet can cause harm a person’s daily life activities. Research from Eating Healthy Might Prove Too Expensive for Poor - ABC News shows, that the price of eating healthy foods may be expensive to a family who earns a low-income. So, eating fast foods may be more convenient for them knowing that the prices are way less.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Dieting, Health]
1192 words (3.4 pages)
- “Healthy eating” means eating a variety of foods that gives you the nutrients you need to maintain your health, feeling good with your health conditions, and having enough energy throughout the day (Nordqvist). A poor diet can cause harm a person’s daily life activities. Research from Eating Healthy Might Prove Too Expensive for Poor ABC News shows, that the price of eating healthy foods may be expensive to a family who earns a low-income. So, eating fast foods may be more convenient for them knowing that the prices are way less.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Dieting, Health]
1286 words (3.7 pages)
- Key Components of Staying in Shape and Maintaining a Healthy Lifestyle Section One: Introduction What are the key components of staying in shape and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. To answer this essential question, I interviewed Nathan Cox, my On-Site Advisor, and Kyle Gilbert. Both Cox and Gilbert are personal trainers at LA Fitness. Cox is certified in Personal Training and Fitness Nutrition from the International Sports Science Program. Gilbert has a Bachelor 's degree in Science and Exercise Science, and a Masters in Arts and Athletic Coaching Education.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Weight loss]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction There has been a direct link between happiness and health for as long as people can remember. In modern day society, it’s almost impossible to keep up with a healthy lifestyle. People everywhere are switching to cheaper and unhealthier food. More jobs are switched to sitting in office chairs all day. Healthy eating and active living requires time that many of us don 't have or can 't seem to find. Getting a full night of sleep is also rare for many people and studies have shown that more people are considered sleep-deprived everyday.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Physical exercise, Exercise]
1287 words (3.7 pages)
- How does healthy eating affect your life. Many people really pay attention to the food they put in their bodies, until we get sick and need medical attention. I know that many of us love to eat fast food, but it catches up with us in the long run. While eating healthy would stop you from getting sick, and lower the cost of health care, healthy eating can enrich your body and prevent you from getting high doctor bills. How can I eat healthier. Healthy eating means picking all natural foods from the basic food groups; meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables, grains and stop eating too many sweets and fats.... [tags: Health]
881 words (2.5 pages)
- Maintaining your overall wellness is very important to stay healthy in all ways possible. This health and wellness class taught me about various topics that are very important and can have a huge impact on anyone 's daily life when applied. Good health, wellness, fitness, and healthy lifestyles are important for all people. Living and creating a healthy lifestyle is very important to me and has many benefits that go along with it. I believe living a healthy lifestyle means living life in a way that helps yourself be both physically and emotionally healthy.... [tags: Nutrition, Personal life, Health, Weight loss]
1243 words (3.6 pages)
- “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life” says Liz Noelcke who conducted a study of fitness in the workplace. Several businesses are now trying to figure out how to incorporate fitness into the workforce. Google is a very successful business that has supported making their company healthier by having different options at lunch, and fitness programs throughout the day that varies from yoga, cycling, and Zumba. Employees tend to be happier and more productive when there are fitness programs throughout the day.... [tags: excersise, Liz Noelcke, fitness]
1119 words (3.2 pages)
- How Does Healthy Eating Prevent Disease You’ve probably heard the old saying “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” plenty of time. We’re constantly reminded of the importance of healthy nutrition and healthy eating guides are everywhere. But have you ever stopped to think why eating healthy foods can result to fewer doctor visits. Can you actually prevent disease by focusing more on the foods you eat. Here are a few examples of how you can prevent disease by being more mindful of the foods you eat.... [tags: Nutrition, Obesity, Health, Medicine]
755 words (2.2 pages)