I am Unique
From the time I was a young child, I have always known I was different from others. Although I didn't realize I was in any way "smart" until around the fourth grade, I had been skipped up to the first grade from kindergarten. While friends struggled with homework assignments, finishing them came easily to me, like riding a bike. Supposedly - I've never ridden a bike.
No, my passion, and talent, from the very beginning, was with written materials. By second grade, I had my own card for the library and went there at least once a week. While other kids were rewarded for good behavior with parties, money, or trips with friends, my reward was being able to walk through the organized rows of books in the library, selecting and checking out those that piqued my interest. I would check out five, ten, fifteen books at a time, worried about running out of reading material before my next visit.
I recall a couple of years in elementary school where I read no book that did not fall into the category of either mystery or horror. Supern...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- All of us are created in God’s image, however we are all different in terms of our strengths, passions, and our life experiences. When God uses us with our design his kingdom is created and his will is done on earth. In this paper I will try to describe my unique design to you and how that relates to my life calling. Life calling is the specific area where Foundational Values, Unique Design, and Personal Leadership all over lap and align to create clarity or life calling. In Unique Design there is Strengths, Passions, and Experiences.... [tags: religious beliefs, personal reflections]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Of the many fish of the sea, none is more interesting and unique than the seahorse. Seahorses are truly one of a kind in more ways than one. They can be found in temperate and tropical bodies of water throughout the world. With a tail similar to that of a monkey, fins that rememble those of a fish and a head that resemble a horse this animal is extraordinary. Along with those characteristics seahorses are known mostly for their odd method of conception and pregnancy. Seahorses are monogamous and one of the only species where the male is the one to become pregnant.... [tags: species, fish, fisherman]
2005 words (5.7 pages)
- “I gradually became aware that my interiority was inseparable from my exteriority, that the geography of my city was the geography of my soul.” - Aleksander Hemon. Is this quote actually true?. Is Geography the route to our souls and eternal happiness/ drive. Many may disagree with this but to the people who study Geography this quote comes to common terms as true. Through the common correlation that makes a country a country, a state a state, a person a person, and a group a group, geography has proven to be the cause of reason.... [tags: Social Studies, Culture]
1768 words (5.1 pages)
- How is a National Identity formed. Through popular music, art, film, and literature, we can discern that the American Identity is defined by having one’s personal freedom and being a unique person. To that end, six forms investigate an art to help elaborate what it means to be an American and this treatise pursues the very foundational essence of our individual spirit. The music of the Eli Young Band, the writing of Harper Lee, the artwork of Jackson Pollock, as well as many other writers and speakers, definitely show the ground breaking independence that comes from being an American.... [tags: Sociology ]
2000 words (5.7 pages)
- Sometimes you need a change from road trips, theme parks and all-inclusive resorts. And sometimes you just want to get away from it all. Quite simply, you want to visit a place that not only is a refreshing change, but also offers a unique experience that is exclusive to only you. Well, look no further—pick from one of the vacation options listed below and start planning your next vacation. Working Ranch Cowboy Vacation aced by the forested peaks of the storied Black Hills, Rapid City lies at the heart of the Montana Bunkhouses Working Ranch Vacations are located in the close-knit community of Livingston, Montana.... [tags: informative essay]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- A Unique Cult Within the past five years, the stock market has steadily increased due to an abundance of retail and merchandise shopping. Many may wonder, “why now?” or “why such an increase in sales?”; the answer to this question is right in front of our nose. The answer is the current consumer culture, consisting of everything we buy- including clothes, food, accessories, cars, and furniture. Pressure from the current consumer culture on the average shopper has never been so strong.... [tags: Consumerism Economics Economy Essays]
2480 words (7.1 pages)
- Why the U.S. Constitution is Unique The Constitution is made up of four main elements: Federalism, separation of powers, checks and balances, and The Bill of Rights, these elements make for the strengths of the Constitution that has allowed it to last over 200 years. To sit and read through all of the information and history that this one small document has makes it unique in itself, but I believe the structure and all this one document has governed is what truly makes it unique.... [tags: Free Essays]
387 words (1.1 pages)
- ABSTRACT: Privacy protections for medical records present a regulatory nightmare. Quick retrieval of medical information is critical to quality care since it gives a doctor a patient's history in a short amount of time, but quick retrieval can also degrade privacy. In order to balance the two, the 104th Congress mandated that the Department of Health and Human Services develop and promulgate a standard for Unique Health Identifiers (UHIs). In this paper I examine the costs and benefits of unique health identifiers and conclude that forcing the adoption of such a standard at this time would have a negative impact on patient privacy and confidentiality.... [tags: Technology Essays]
1324 words (3.8 pages)
- What Makes One Unique Every person living on this earth is unique in various ways. To many, I serve as a role model for their kids. One statement that my mother really hashed to me was that a person never knows someone until they walk a mile in their shoes. This statement is really what makes me the person that I am today. Throughout this reflective essay, I will be reflecting on the following: what I remember about my family, what things I remember about my childhood, what jobs I have had in my life, and my personal, professional, and academic goals.... [tags: Psychology Sociology Reflection Personal Narrative]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- I am Unique From the time I was a young child, I have always known I was different from others. Although I didn't realize I was in any way "smart" until around the fourth grade, I had been skipped up to the first grade from kindergarten. While friends struggled with homework assignments, finishing them came easily to me, like riding a bike. Supposedly - I've never ridden a bike. No, my passion, and talent, from the very beginning, was with written materials. By second grade, I had my own card for the library and went there at least once a week.... [tags: Personal Narrative, essay about myself]
719 words (2.1 pages)