1.0. I am a business consultant that has been approached by Asda Plc.
I have been requested to make an overall review/assessment of the
business operations that will enable the business to improve their
current and future operations.
2.0. Asda is a Plc company which means it is quoted on the stock
exchange, which means
It must have a minimum of two shareholders; shares can be bought and
old with out
any restrictions, it also can appeal to the general public to buy
shares, it needs a certificate of trading to commence business and the
balance sheets and accounts to be presented annually to the Registrar
of Companies. Asda is part of a large multi-national organisation
called Wal Mart which can be found in all four corners around the
2.1. Asda main financial sources are their shareholders due to them
being on the stock exchange. They also use retained earnings and
existing capital for projects such as expanding across Britain, for
example new stores. Asda also like to get very involved within the
local communities where each of their stores is situated with events
such as the 'Asda's Big Read' and many other charity events that Asda
are deeply involved with.
2.2. Asda is main competitor in the British supermarket industry along
with other supermarket organisations such as Tesco's, Safeways,
Waitroes, Sainsburys and many others. This is a very competitive
market with market share as the main objective. Many of the firms are
always trying to undercut their competitors by offering lower prices.
2.3. Asda being a supermarket mainly sells a w...
... middle of paper ...
...rather than that of its competitors.
9.0. On a whole we believe that Asda is a company that is going
forward and with them recently joining the Wal-Mart family things can
only get better. Asda is a company that holds the consumers wants at a
centre piece of their objectives. Asda go all out to make sure that
any of their customers leave satisfied, with friendly staff to their
great valued products.
9.1. Asda also tries very hard for equality in their stores whether it
is job applicants or consumers such as disabled consumers. This is
very important to a successful business in the modern day with the
above issues being ever more present in the working and shopping
experience. Asda is very much an organisation that strives for the
'team effort' amongst its workers thus achieving its utmost potential.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As a small business owner you 're likely the one that makes all major decisions about your organization. You 've carefully vetted employees to make sure they share your company vision and invested your financial resources wisely to make sure you have an awesome website with engaging content that resonates with your target audience. Perhaps you 've even studied the new Google search ranking algorithm to make sure your business is always near the top spot on first page results with local-specific and organic search queries.... [tags: Management, Small business, Risk, Business]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- Small Business Marketing is from Mars. Small Business Customers Are from Venus. Sometimes small business owners are the last people to pick up on changes in consumer buying behavior, until it impacts their bottom line. In small businesses it can be harder to discern these changes than larger businesses, but there are plenty of signs for anyone who wants to look for them. Salespeople once owned and controlled most of the information about their company. If you wanted to learn about their products, you had to talk to a salesperson.... [tags: Marketing, Small business, Business, Sales]
2129 words (6.1 pages)
- For a unique business concept to come to fruition, the concept needs to start with a plan. The United States Small Business Administration, also known as SBA for short, can help prospective small business owners take their concepts and turn them into reality. “SBA was created in 1953 as an independent agency of the federal government… that helps Americans start, build and grow businesses (Mission Statement 2013).” To do this, the SBA has simplified a six section business plan that can be completed on their website and saved for future use.... [tags: Marketing, Management, Business, Small business]
705 words (2 pages)
An Organization Of A Business Perspective : A Company That Has Fallen Behind The Competition With Other Companies
- A company that has fallen behind the competition with other companies in their services, that state is known as competitive disadvantage.It has emerged as a factor because business which can’t stay constant and frequently change their state on the cutting edge of IT can drop down in the competition, given the current fast pace of technological advances. It is a main factor because most of the organizations have an IT system in the present time. Therefore all the organizations need to improve their IT systems to avoid the drop down when compared with different organizations.... [tags: Small business, Business, Management]
827 words (2.4 pages)
- Functional Areas of Business: The Role of the Manager Organizations come in different sizes. A small business can function with one or two people completing all the tasks and making all of the decisions. However, if an organization increases in size and business activity, one or two people will need a team of people so the business can function properly. The structure of the business will have to change to accommodate the increasing operations and demands. The changing structure of the company will lead to functional areas, which will allow the business leaders to delegate responsibilities based on grouped activities.... [tags: mba student, small business, decisions]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- There are three main tools the Federal Reserve can utilize to control the US money supply. These three major tools are: reserve requirements, discount rate, and open market operations. The US economy, which is influenced by national interest rates, inflation variability, and unemployment rates, these areas also have an effect on the overall economic growth of the country, are all significantly influenced by the monetary policies in operation by the Federal Reserve. In addition to these factors influenced by the Federal Reserve, the Central Bank can also offset and influence the US economy with the process of money creation.... [tags: Business Economics Economy]
1898 words (5.4 pages)
- Introduction Environmental practices among Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) are increasing being supported as the vital approaches that are needed to shapes and sustains the environment (Schaper 2002; Hillary 2004; Redmond, Walker et al. 2008; Rasi, Abdekhodaee et al. 2010; Revell, Stokes et al. 2010). Many large organizations have taken considerable steps to reduce or eliminate pollution that might occur from their operations. Small and Mediums Enterprises (SMEs), however, continue to be overlooked on it consequences on environmental management issues (Melton 1999).... [tags: Business, Environment, Politics]
1616 words (4.6 pages)
- According to the ICCA there are two main types of tourism, leisure tourism and business tourism; the IMEX defines tourism as ‘the provision of facilities and services to the millions of delegates who annually attend meetings, congresses, exhibitions, business events, incentive travel and corporate hospitality" however there is no commonly used definition for business tourism as there are many different aspects to the terms of the meeting industry. Davidson 2003 and Swarbrooke 2001 state that ‘business tourism is concerned with people travelling for purposes which are related to their work.... [tags: Business Management]
1039 words (3 pages)
- Chapter12Assignment p. 354 Review Questions 3 AND 9 (3) What are the four caveats exporting SMEs would be well advised to observe when crafting their export strategy. Discuss. The term export means to ship the goods and services out of the port of a country. An export of a good occurs when there is a change of ownership from a resident to a non-resident. Methods of export include a product or good or information being mailed, hand-delivered, shipped by air, shipped by boat, or even downloaded from an internet site.... [tags: Business, Export of Goods]
1966 words (5.6 pages)
- Hardware and Software for Business One of the most important decisions a business will make is the purchase of computer hardware and software for the use of the business. Whether the company is a small Mom and Pop business or a large company with multiple locations, the criteria in deciding the appropriate automated accounting system is similar.... [tags: Business Technology ]
1586 words (4.5 pages)