in North London. He is an only child who lives with his mother and
father in a small house near to the school. Carl is a clever student
and is seen with a great deal of potential. He is also a popular boy
and liked by teachers and many other students. Carl is a very handsome
young man as well. He is a tall young man with dark tanned skin and
short black hair. Carl also has a 100% attendance record as he enjoys
school and likes seeing his friends every day.
It is a Wednesday afternoon and Carl is at home doing his homework in
the living room when his father Alan walks in, in rather a good mood,
it appears he has news. Carl is very anxious to hear what his father
has to say so he rushes towards him and says,
" Why are you in such a good mood dad?"
His dad replied by saying,
" Is your mother in as I have some news which will affect the three of
" Yes father, she is in the kitchen, I'll go and get her" replied
Carl then raced to the kitchen and called his mother Carol into the
living room where his father was. Carl was now starting to worry and
feel nervous. Then he looked at his father, who at that point was
grinning like a Cheshire cat and said,
" Dad please hurry up and tell us as I am starting to feel tense."
" OK" he replied with a look of glee, " I have just been speaking to
my manager who as told me that there is a promotion available. Instead
of being just a normal insurance consultant there is a managerial
position available fo...
... middle of paper ...
Carl crashed into Tim. Suddenly the CD's dropped straight from their
jackets to the floor. Michael and John spotted what had happened so
they decided to run home whilst Carl and Tim stood there frightened of
what would happen to them.
Within an hour Carl and Tim were sitting down the local police station
with their parents who happened to be furious. Carl and Tim happened
to be lucky with the outcome though; they were let of with a caution.
Although their names would be on police records for five years they
knew they would never steal anything again. That was a first
experience they'd rather forget. Carl and Tim were in a lot of trouble
with their parents but they were still able to hang around together
and they became the best of friends. And as for the two that ran away,
Carl and Tim never spoke to them again.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Critical Analysis of Short Story “A &P” In the short story “A & P” by John Updike, the main character Sammy shows a sense of growth from the story’s opening to its conclusion. This certain change in him started taking place after the visit from the three girls, where he starts to ponder the future of his life. Sammy develops as a more prominent character both by the voice and the mood of the story, suggesting his vast change from rather flat to someone with more personal features and attributes.... [tags: Short story, John Updike, John Cheever]
1269 words (3.6 pages)
- Short Story Re Do writing quiz Theme and stereotype Thesis statement The short story the Test and the frill both deal with the theme of how by human human being have predictive and stereotype other individuals and groups that is based on ignorance and limited educational experience . The driving instructor in the short story the Test is a stereotype of typical old fashioned Archie Bunker who is stubborn in his old fashioned views on race and sex . who has a old fashioned attitudes . The driving instructor is a stereotype of a white man who believes that whites are more educated and knowledgeable than African Americans .... [tags: Short story, Fiction, Human, Guy de Maupassant]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- The short story novelist, Kate Chopin, enlightens her readers about the reality of many married women during the 1800s. Chopin 's story revolves around Mrs.Mallard who drastically loses her husband in an accident. Throughout the story, Chopin expresses the various emotional changes that her character Mrs.Mallard undergoes. Initially a humble housewife, Mrs. Mallard evolves into a confident women when exposed to freedom. Kate Chopin launches her short story by introducing the main character, Mrs.... [tags: Marriage, Short story, Husband, Wife]
1180 words (3.4 pages)
- In the short story “Girl” by Jamaica Kincaid is a story that everyone can related to. The story is about a mother telling her daughter what to do, what not to do and how to do things. Kind of like society or parents or a friends of what to do. There has also been always been expectations of what to do and how to do things in life regards of gender, nationality or religion. The male has he’s duties and the female has different duties. However, in the typical society today, a person is supposed to graduate from high school and go straight in to an Ivy League university, to get a degree in a field of study that makes lot of money.... [tags: Short story, Tell, Family, Marriage]
1060 words (3 pages)
- The definition of a short story is a fully developed story that is a lot less (in length) than a novel. The short story written by Flannery O’Connor called “A Good Man Is Hard To Find” is exactly just that. This story packs a world of meaning, symbolism, and foreshadowing all in a mere 12 pages. In this short story The Grandmother is the antagonist and uses her ways of manipulation and selfishness to get what she desires. Not everything goes her way and ends in a series of tragic events. The first sentence of this story sets the mood when The Grandmother states that she does not want to go to Florida (O’Connor 1).... [tags: Short story, Family, Fiction, William Faulkner]
1191 words (3.4 pages)
- The Signalman was first published in the Mugby Junction Christmas Edition book in eighteen sixty six. The Clayton Tunnel Crash in eighteen sixty one is believed to have inspired Dickens to write the short story the Signalman. During the time that Dickens was writing the Victorians had a fixation with the paranormal also there were many technological advances one of them being the steam train. The Signalman has two main characters in it, one is the narrator who speaks in first person, and the other is the Signalman.... [tags: Short Story Analysis]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Short Story About Living With the Guilt of Murder It was late I thought. Almost midnight yet I was still unable to sleep. I stared thoughtlessly at the moving shadows mumbling to myself, "it was just a story" but in my heart I knew it wasn't, it was more than a story, much, much more. Then, a crow appeared in the middle of my room. The crow stared at me with such intensity that I fell backwards into the safety of my pillow. I stared at the crow in shock as it disappeared into my closet and that's when I heard it, a long piercing whine that was like a nail to a chalkboard.... [tags: Short Story, Creative Writing]
414 words (1.2 pages)
- The short story “Petrified Man” by Eudora Welty is about two women—Leota, a beautician, and Mrs. Fletcher, her customer—who spend the entire story gossiping in a beauty parlor. The story is told in a limited third-person point of view, where the psychic distance of the view places the reader right next to Mrs. Fletcher and Leota, hearing and seeing only what someone present in the scene would. Their gossip tells the reader the stories of this piece, that of Mr. and Mrs. Pike and of the Petrified Man.... [tags: Short story, Eudora Welty]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- Gretel studied her maps, the pins gleamed in the light filtering in from the window. Humming she looked down at the newspaper, which detailed the army's movements. Smirking she moved one of the pins deeper into enemy territory, they would win, of that she was sure. Germany was superior, none could stand against its wrath. She frowned as she had to replace one of the cheery red pins with a sullen blue, the thrice darned North Americans had captured one of the troops. Her fingers fumbled as she tried to move another pin and it fell to the floor.... [tags: English assignment, short story]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- Synopsis On an afternoon, in the quarters of the sakadas, Mang Sixto is playing a guitar with the chords of an emotional song, "Walay Angay", while her daughter, is playing outside the quarters. They were indifferent of each other for a while, but there is a sudden change in the mood of the two. The daughter of Mang Sixto finally notices the chords that her father was playing and along with the music is her father's very emotional presence. They were then engaged in a sudden conversation. The daughter interrogated her father of the about the sad song he was playing along with his guitars.... [tags: Short Story]
1037 words (3 pages)