soaking the solitary man to the skin. He stood alone, silent, still
enveloped by the black of the night; he stood at the top of his drive
which led to his mansion.
Had the sun been glowing, this lonely man would have seen the car
parked up about half a mile from him, with its engine and lights off,
there was no cover for the car either as the man and his mansion was
surrounded by lots of fields and meandering roads.
Unaware to the man, the cars engine started but the lights didn't go
on, yet the dark restricted the man's vision so he didn't see the car
slowly crept up on him.
The car stopped and a man dressed in nothing but blacking clothing
jumped out of the passengers seat, He stared at the solitary man.
Suddenly the man's eyes snapped open. The look on his face was one of
absolute horror as if he had no recollection of his coming to this
place. He turned in a circle, taking in his surroundings and as he
did, he felt something small and sharp pierce his right leg. He ran
his hand over his calf and felt a liquid flowing out a little hole,
just like water running from a tap.
The man jumped back into his car but not before giving his gun to the
driver, then the car raced away like it was late for a very important
The blood was running so rapidly that his blue and white stripy
pyjamas were now pure red, and there was no doubt that the hired
gunman didn't want to kill the introverted man, well not straight away
he wanted the lonely man to suffer as much pain as he can before he
die's, or lose his leg.
Something made a buzzing sound close t...
... middle of paper ...
The boy stood up to talk to the ambulance men. 'Don't leave me here
withâ€¦' Her eyes turned to look at the dead man. She ran to follow the
The ambulance man thanked the pair and turned to look at the dead man.
'Let's go. Please. Please can we go? I'm scared.'
They turned towards the road and walked away, leaving the ambulance
crew treating the man. Both in stony silence as the girl reached for
the boy's hand. He acknowledged this with a smile and together they
walked away. Away from the horrors behind them.
As the Ambulance men carried the dead body into the back of the
ambulance a dark coloured car drove past, the driver and passenger
seat's where both occupied by two male's, and both of them had a very
satisfying look on their faces. Like they had done something to be
very proud of.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Assassin Black cascading hair fell over the swarthy pockmarked face as the assassin struggled to view his target through the blinding rain. Camouflaged against the black earth, the windswept landscape lay lifelessly before him. Anxiety grasped his body as fear meandered down his spine; vivid images of death tormented his mind reminding him of his past victims. How could he have been reduced to this. The tedium of an office life had pushed him to the brink of self-denial. No longer could he withstand the mindless torture of paperwork, endless party's uneventful social venues in a word frivolity.... [tags: Papers]
681 words (1.9 pages)
- The Assassin It is dark, pouring with rain, but he does not shiver. He crouches in a small puddle under a large dead oak tree near an old wooden bridge; waiting. A full moon shines through the bare branches of the tree, casting ghostly shadows on him. He is wearing a trench coat and a large pair of boots. A cigarette is lodged in a gap in his teeth, unlighted. Over his eyes is a pair of dark sunglasses. One would not expect him to see, except this is no ordinary man. Cloned for one purpose, the assassin sees perfectly well and knows what he is meant to carry out.... [tags: Papers]
650 words (1.9 pages)
- It is pitch black, bucketing with rain, but he does not shiver. He lies crouched in a small puddle beneath a large dead oak tree, near an old wooden bridge; waiting. A bright moon gives light through the bare branches of the tree, casting eerie shadows on him. He is sporting a trench coat and a sizeable pair of boots. A cigarette is wedged in a space in his teeth, not lit. Over his eyes is a pair of dark shades. Wearing these, no ordinary man could see, except this is no ordinary man.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
661 words (1.9 pages)
- The Assassin It was a cold winters night in Chicago, with temperatures well below freezing. The streets were concealed by a thick white blanket of snow, and patches of glistening ice were covering the dark alleys where the earlier blizzards had been unable to dump the snow. In the centre of the city was a small park. The park played host to an arboretum of oak and evergreen trees that cast dark, evil shadows, which would have sent cold, creepy shivers up the spine of the average person.... [tags: Papers]
2452 words (7 pages)
- The Assassin Description: He was a tall man, very slim with a small egg shaped head. His teeth were a brilliant white and his eyes were a bright blue, they were like hawk eyes, quick and twitchy. His hair was dark brown and was combed through very neatly with a small quiff. His habits were very strange one of them were eating pistachio nuts when he was nervous another was when he was bored he would look for animals such as snakes, deer and fox's and to shoot them out of pure boredom.... [tags: Papers]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- It so happened that she must have got the bus home that night. The old, rusty buses, which have gum stuck to the seat, and cigarette burn marks in the back. The air was cold and icy and you could see your breath in front of you like a puff of smoke, as it hit the frosty air. The night was also dark. It seemed like no light was present as if there was just a massive black hole. The absence of light was incredible, the only source being that of a small flickering house light a mile or two away.... [tags: Creative Writing Examples]
585 words (1.7 pages)
- One moonless night at a village park you could sense something was going to happen. In the background fireworks lit the night sky. Several cars arrived in front of the village hall. In the brisk chilly wind swings jingled in the corner of the park. More and more cars pulled up and crowds gathered. Under the shelter of an aged oak tree the few leaves protected a tall stocky built man. The suspicious man was wearing a long thick black fury coat. What appeared to be a horse grassing in the glair of the fireworks.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
595 words (1.7 pages)
- The Assassin I sneaked towards the enemy tent, careful not to make a sound. My life and honour depended on the success of this mission. If I fail, I will die along with hundreds of thousands innocent civilians, and I will be forever remembered as the idiot of an agent who failed to stop a mad terrorist leader. Beads of sweat ran down my face, and the silent emptiness that was around me nearly drove me crazy. I gripped the cold, metallic handle of my assault rifle to remind and reassure myself that I had not come unprepared.... [tags: English Literature Essays]
478 words (1.4 pages)
- The Assassin - Original Writing Aim: To write to imagine, explore and entertain. Chapter 1 He lay on his back sinking into the chocolate mud, gazing at the rain falling like a sheet of crystal drops across the dim lit velvet sky. The forest lay enveloped in shadow. The moon shone through the leaves casting a shattered reflection, shaking violently with the vicious strikes of the blustery weather. Thin rays of light entering the enclosure of the forest lit up the mans face.... [tags: Papers]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- The Assassin - Fiction In a tight and dingy motel room in the suburbs of Hollywood, Senator George Phelps lay on his bed, reminiscing about his past, trying to work out where things had gone horribly wrong in his life and consequently, contemplating his future. He slowly turned his head to the woodworm ridden bedside table, and started motionlessly at the picture of his wife and two children in obviously happier circumstances. Two days earlier, his wife had abruptly ended their twenty-four year marriage and to say it was a mutual decision would be a lie.... [tags: Papers]
1499 words (4.3 pages)