A cold Tuesday morning in November DCI Evans is on his way to work
pondering on what the day will bring. he enters his office
when a colleague opens his door and asks.
"James do you want a coffee?" the detective replies
"Yes sure thanks" his colleague leaves. James looks though some old
case files when he came across a murder that brings him Horrifying
visions. There's a knock on his door, it brings him out of his trance
its his boss. He comes in and announcers that he has another case
"James im sorry to call you into work today but there's been a
suspected murder at Southampton University" James replies "Never mind
it'll take my mind of it, I'll get on that case now."
Today was the fifth anniversary of his wife's passing, but James was
very committed to his work, he thought about his case's in his spare
time. If he was doing anything else it was finishing decorating his
flat that he started a year ago but it's still not done.
James Leaves his office when his partner Gordon is waiting outside
they get in the car to go to the university. They talk about pulp
subjects on the way there when they arrive they get approached by a
police officer who instructs them to follow him.
They get to a set of stairs there's a police line there, as they are
climbing the stairs the police office tells them he believes it's a
suicide he says "there were these notes on how many pills it will take
him to overdose on. we asked his parents what he was studying and they
said pharmacy. The notes say things like" "two hundred pills im
feeling extremely sick and everything I see is blurred" We also asked
his parent what his mental...
... middle of paper ...
...offense to secretly
record people, but informed him he would Probably get off if he helped
solve this murder, Richard found the tape that was dated 02/11 when
Richard played the tape he was horrified and so was Gordon, the tape
was the evidence they needed to convict Dave when Gordon returned with
the tape, he gave it to James he entered the interviewing room present
in that room was Dave And his lawyer James played the tape, after the
tape was finished Andy's lawyer asked if he could speak to his client
alone James Obliged.
James entered the room a few minutes later and Dave stared in James
eye's "I did kill him im sorry" he then burst out in tears
Two weeks later after the Trial James and Gordon speak in the corridor
"I cant believe he made him work out his own death, that tape tells
some story's" James said.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Signalman was first published in the Mugby Junction Christmas Edition book in eighteen sixty six. The Clayton Tunnel Crash in eighteen sixty one is believed to have inspired Dickens to write the short story the Signalman. During the time that Dickens was writing the Victorians had a fixation with the paranormal also there were many technological advances one of them being the steam train. The Signalman has two main characters in it, one is the narrator who speaks in first person, and the other is the Signalman.... [tags: Short Story Analysis]
506 words (1.4 pages)
- Short Story About Living With the Guilt of Murder It was late I thought. Almost midnight yet I was still unable to sleep. I stared thoughtlessly at the moving shadows mumbling to myself, "it was just a story" but in my heart I knew it wasn't, it was more than a story, much, much more. Then, a crow appeared in the middle of my room. The crow stared at me with such intensity that I fell backwards into the safety of my pillow. I stared at the crow in shock as it disappeared into my closet and that's when I heard it, a long piercing whine that was like a nail to a chalkboard.... [tags: Short Story, Creative Writing]
414 words (1.2 pages)
- ... Fletcher is fixated with her own looks and how those around her perceive them. When Leota is describing the true events of who said that Mrs. Fletcher was pregnant, the detail that Mrs. Fletcher focused on was what she had been wearing that day (Welty 1097). Why that specific detail. It’s an indication of character, Mrs. Fletcher’s attention to appearance, as it’s not really a typical response someone has when being told a story relating to them. When asked if she had went to the freak show that was in town, Mrs.... [tags: Short story, Eudora Welty]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- ... ' [...] 'Isn’t it fucked up, man. [...] 'How fast they grow up. '’’ (80). Dan deceives once again not only himself, but also Pete by giving the illusion, that they are still friends by bringing up the past. Dan’s deceitful ways help him gain control of his inner thoughts, which he manipulates by persuasively convincing himself that he is in fact content of his lifestyle. He plants the idea into his own thoughts and Pete’s, that they were old friends, but they remain as acquaintances. Another way Lanaway illustrates the theme of deception is with the mean of action.... [tags: Lie, Deception, Fiction, Short story]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- ... In contrast to the short story, a parable, fable, or tale tells the basic information in order to get the story across; setting, characterization, and details are not involved. However, a short story has all of that. Amy Tan fulfills this qualification with extreme detail to enhance the setting and visuals that the reader may have. We see that the main character is a six year old girl who lives in San Francisco’s Chinatown with her mother and two brothers Vincent and Winston. She lived on Waverly Place Jong, which is why her mother named her Waverly.... [tags: Fiction, Short story, Character, Plot]
924 words (2.6 pages)
- Gretel studied her maps, the pins gleamed in the light filtering in from the window. Humming she looked down at the newspaper, which detailed the army's movements. Smirking she moved one of the pins deeper into enemy territory, they would win, of that she was sure. Germany was superior, none could stand against its wrath. She frowned as she had to replace one of the cheery red pins with a sullen blue, the thrice darned North Americans had captured one of the troops. Her fingers fumbled as she tried to move another pin and it fell to the floor.... [tags: English assignment, short story]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- The term “blood brothers” usually refers to two or more males who accept each other and have decided to create a bond by fusing one another’s blood together; this would mean that these males chose to be bonded. But when it comes to ones own bloodline, it is not possible to choose ones parents. For this reason, one must learn to analyze what is right and wrong, even if it’s not something the parent(s) want him to believe. In William Faulkner’s short story Barn Burning, loyalty versus righteousness is one of the struggles in the father-son relationship between Abner and his youngest son Sarty.... [tags: Short Story Analysis, Literary Analysis]
602 words (1.7 pages)
- Using Love to Justify Sex in A Very Short Story At first glance unusually normal, at second glance unusually striking, the title "A Very Short Story" reveals Hemingway's perception of a perhaps unforgotten war experience. Man went to war. He met woman. They spent many nights together. They considered marriage. He went home without her. She moved on. He moved on. The end. The story, the relation of events, is indeed short. This is not eternal spiritual love; instead, this is the animalistic, barbaric sexual act- sex and love for the sole purpose and convenience of sex itself.... [tags: Very Short Story Essays]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- Synopsis On an afternoon, in the quarters of the sakadas, Mang Sixto is playing a guitar with the chords of an emotional song, "Walay Angay", while her daughter, is playing outside the quarters. They were indifferent of each other for a while, but there is a sudden change in the mood of the two. The daughter of Mang Sixto finally notices the chords that her father was playing and along with the music is her father's very emotional presence. They were then engaged in a sudden conversation. The daughter interrogated her father of the about the sad song he was playing along with his guitars.... [tags: Short Story]
1037 words (3 pages)
- A Prequel to Susan Glaspell's Short Story, "Trifles" Minnie Foster was once described as the belle of the ball. To look at her tonight for the first time you could see why. She carried herself with both an air of confidence and modesty at the same time. Her small eyes dominated her face. They did not look directly at you anymore though. Still, they seemed all knowing and experienced as if they were able to see and know secrets about you that you wish no one knew. Her slender peaked nose was no match for the full lips she had, lips that never uttered a sound and which have become as pale as her knuckles.... [tags: Short Story Creative Writing Essays]
1004 words (2.9 pages)