The objective of every training lesson is to improve my performance.
Each session needs to be well planned to improve my fitness. The
sport, which I have decided to improve for health and fitness, is
Netball the position that I play is as Goal-defender. Training must
include: warm up and warm down, practicing skills and various fitness
activities linked to netball. This training is an example of Interval
training, as I have to develop my fitness in a short time (5 sessions)
by working hard and gaining fitness quickly.
The appropriate fitness aspects for netball that I am anticipated to
improve are listed as the following:
* Aerobic Capacity
* Muscular Endurance
* Muscular Power
My current level of fitness is good prior to a fitness test we carried
out, the results obtained from the fitness test are shown below and it
is quite evident that there are a few fitness aspects that I need to
Test for fitness aspect
Standing Broad Jump
Sit and Reach
12 minute run
During each session of my training I need to ensure my self that the
conditions I am training in are safe. Basic safety aspects, which I
need to follow, are listed below:
* I must be sure that my body is able to cope with the demands of
* My training mus...
... middle of paper ...
...enough to make my body system adapt to
training. As I increase the time and number of repetitions I should
also increase the heart rate level at which I work.
I must also understand my training thresholds. I will do this by
calculating my maximum heart rate and working out which training zone
I am working at e.g. the speed-training zone. When my MHR is 60% I
will be at the aerobic threshold training effect. When my MHR
increases to 80%-90% I will be at the anaerobic threshold level. I
will be changing my fitness training level from aerobic-anaerobic
threshold. This means my training time will be shorter and my recovery
time will be longer.
A netballer would probably train like this during Off-season. This is
because the emphasis of my training programme is on developing my
muscular strength and aerobic fitness.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Investigate the contemporary body of knowledge that underpins the current recommendations for exercise programming in the pursuit of improved health. Pate et al. (1995) stated that physical activity is needed for health promotion and disease prevention. They also stated that every adult should do at least 30 minutes of moderate intensity exercise everyday if possible. Moderate intensity exercising includes activities such as brisk walking and cycling as stated by the Department of Health (2011).... [tags: Strength Training and Conditioning]
1823 words (5.2 pages)
- Personal Exercise Plan Introduction: The two main areas of my Personal Exercise Plan are Health Related Fitness and Skill Related Fitness. My aim is to improve my Health and Skill Related Fitness overall. I will do this by creating a 6 week program of all the different sports and exercises that I do each day. From this I will be choosing two training methods. These will be Circuit Training and Interval Training. My Circuit Training is made up of 5 stations . At each station you do a specific exercise for a set amount of time before moving onto the next station.... [tags: Exercise Physiology]
1783 words (5.1 pages)
- Training Programme Promoting Health and Fitness Introduction: For this Assessment I have to construct a circuit-training programme for a particle sport. The sport that I have chosen is football. I must include in this piece of work, the fitness exercises that will be used in the circuit and reason for inclusion, the skill activities that will be done during the programme plus the reason for choosing them, and comments on the organisation, implementation, monitoring and progression.... [tags: Papers]
3025 words (8.6 pages)
- Exercise is important for many reasons. If you do not exercise your body you will eventually loose it. Your body will become weak and you will loose muscle tone. Your organs won't function properly. Doing a few simple exercises each day will not only keep you fit but will also tone your body. Exercising for at least 30 minutes a day will improve your overall health. Not only does exercise help your body, it helps cleanse your mind. The good news is that you do not have to spend money to join a gym.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
1459 words (4.2 pages)
- Ageing population is a global phenomenon in this 21st century and has changed the demographic profile of many countries. Malaysia is also keeping pace with other countries in achieving the ageing population status whereby, the country also gradually experiencing on this. The elderly population of Malaysia is projected to increase from 5% in the year 2010 to 11.4% in 2040 (Department of statistic Malaysia, 2010). This is due to the improvements in health, low mortality, and fertility rates combined with increasing life expectancy over the latter half of the twentieth century (Phillips & Chan, 2002).... [tags: policies, welfare, healthcare]
3003 words (8.6 pages)
- Fitness for Health and Performance What is good health. Health is defined as a state of complete physical, mental and social well being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economics or social conditions. These things can influence how good or bad your health is: · Use and misuse of substances such as drugs, alcohol and tobacco. · Sex education · Family life education · Safety · Health-related exercise · Nutrition · Personal hygiene · Environmental aspects of health education · Psychological aspects of health educ... [tags: Papers]
473 words (1.4 pages)
- Personal Exercise Programme Type of fitness: Cardiovascular (Anaerobic and Aerobic) Programme Data Resting heart rate: 65 Max Heart rate: 202 60% Max: 121 80% Max: 161 Date Training HR During HR End Recovery Time Week 1 School Session 1 Fartlik 34 37 125 seconds Session 2 Continuous 38 43 190 seconds Session 3 Football 32 35 120 seconds Week 2 School Session 1 Fartlik 33 37 120 seconds Session 2 Swimming 34 39 175 seconds Session 3 Interval 34 39 170 seconds Week 3... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- Lack of exercise is the cause of most health-related issues today. Americans are becoming ill every second from lack of exercise, yet nothing is being done to prevent these diseases. Diet plans and exercise programs are advertised in every corner, yet they are ignored. Many disorders and diseases are preventable, and even curable without the aid of modern technology. Regardless, the illnesses are at an all time high and show no sign of declining. What many individuals fail to realize is how essential fitness is to life.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- The Benefits of Physical Exercise to the Human Body The benefits of physical exercise in humans far outweighs the harmful effects associated with exercise. A prescription of physical activity has been known to delay the onset or prevention of many chronic diseases. An improvement in heart function, lower blood pressure and improve functional capacity is noticed after just a few weeks of exercising. Physical activity will also result in an increase of lean muscle mass, promote weight maintenance, increased flexibility, and a generally stronger more fit individual.... [tags: Physical Exercise Fitness Health]
2471 words (7.1 pages)
- The word 'fitness' is very vague as fitness is built up of many factors. The main ones include, general Fitness, aerobic fitness and specific fitness. General fitness is the ability to meet the demands of every day life. General fitness is closely liked with health related fitness and it has several components including Strength the force muscles exert when they contact. Flexibility or suppleness, the range of movement at a joint. Speed, is the ability to move your body or a section of your body quickly.... [tags: Health Nutrition Diet Exercise Essays]
484 words (1.4 pages)