Within the civil courts there are several ways by which people can
obtain free legal advice. These include solicitors who may offer free
legal advice, however, the time period may be restricted to half an
hour or so, and this is usually done to attract customers. Some
solicitors may charge a small fee, or not offer this service at all.
Law centres offer legal advice to people in great need, i.e. their
income is low, etcâ€¦ Law centres deal mainly with claims related to
welfare, discrimination, housing and employment matters, and are
usually very accessible and offer suitable opening hours where
possible. Citizens' Advice Bureaux are available throughout the
country and offer a substantional amount of free legal advice to
everyone. This service is very useful for free legal advice as
Citizens' Advice Bureaux's are placed within many very accessible
areas around the country.
If any person is a member of a trade union or motoring organisation
etcâ€¦ they can usually get free legal advice. This service is good, as
it will tend to be specialised towards certain areas of law that
affects the person, e.g. if you have a car crash, motoring
organisations will offer the best legal advice as it is what they are
Some universities run Law Clinics that offer free legal advice. The
only problem is the standard of the advice, as it may not be as high
as advice given from other sources as students sometimes run them.
Other sources of advice include the Internet, which is now more
advanced than ever offering many sources of information and advice for
anyone. There are...
... middle of paper ...
...high. It is however
quite hard for the government to raise the boundaries, as it is hard
to obtain the money to pay for more people to have free legal
representation and support.
Although there are many advantages to the current system, the
disadvantages do outweigh them, and so a new system that is more
suitable should be introduced, or improvements to the current system
brought in. It is however hard to raise enough money for raised
boundaries on means tests, and it is also hard to think of a suitable
replacement for the current system as all ideas will exclude or not
aid some or groups of people.
So until a newer system that can be introduced to offer free legal aid
to more people without exceeding the budget, the current system is
suitable, but will need to be improved or changed for the benefit of
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Hayskar Walker Schwerer Dundas & Mccain P.A. in Fort Pierce, FL, where you can find the most affordable lawyer that meets your needs. When it comes to getting legal services, you will need to be certain that you can rely on a competent professional who understands how the legal system works, so that you will have a positive outcome. Finding a proficient legal representative can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you’re looking for a lawyer that is also affordable. Fortunately, there are affordable professionals at Hayskar Walker Schwerer Dundas & Mccain P.A.... [tags: Lawyer, Law, Legal aid, Barrister]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- Legal Advice and Funding Michelle wants to claim compensation for the injuries she has suffered in an accident. Identify and briefly describe where she could obtain advice about a possible claim. There are many places that offer advice regarding British law but few people know how to access these services. If Michelle looks in the right places she can obtain this legal advice for free. There are places that are funded by charities and there's also places like the Citizens Advice Bureau which is primarily funded by the government.... [tags: Papers]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- You have the right to an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney one will be provided for you. We’ve all heard this before, innumerable times in police shows, but what many Canadians don’t realize is that it is not true in Canada. In Canada you do not have an automatic right to legal representation. This is something that a British Columbia woman, named Dale Fotsch, found out the hard way, says Tomlinson. (2012) After going through the long process of a court case in Canada, she had finally won the case against her common law husband, who was suing her.... [tags: Law, Lawyer, Judge, Common law]
1063 words (3 pages)
- Legal Advice for a Business From: XXX Legal Advisors Subject: Legal Advice Abstract Equipment Hire Limited (EHL) is a business whose service is to hire out plant and equipment to both business and individuals. Sunil, a window cleaner by trade, regularly hires ladders from EHL. Sunil hired a ladder from the company to paint the outside of his house upon which he paid £50 deposit and was issued with a receipt stating an exclusion cause: 'Conditions of Hire: EHL accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage suffered as a result of use of the equipment.... [tags: Papers]
1112 words (3.2 pages)
- There are two basic ways of financing for a business: Debt financing and equity financing. Debt financing is defined as 'borrowing money that is to be repaid over a period of time, usually with interest" (Financing Basics, 1). The lender does not gain any ownership in the business that is borrowing. Equity financing is described as "an exchange of money for a share of business ownership" (Financing Basics, 1). This form of financing allows the business to obtain funds without having to repay a specific amount of money at any particular time.... [tags: Financing Finances Accounting Marketing Essays]
1367 words (3.9 pages)
- Legal Advice Case Study Late one Saturday night Chris, who is a fanatical Manchester United supporter, is walking home, when he sees a stone on the pavement in front of him. Pretending that he is Ryan Giggs and with only the goal keeper to beat, Chris lets fly at the stone with his trusty left foot.... [tags: Papers]
1366 words (3.9 pages)
- The book King Solomon’s Advice, authored by Walter L. Porter, is a detailed study of the wisdom and advice of Solomon. The author sets forth to present the advice of Solomon, by interjecting his own thoughts and then backing what he states with the words of Solomon, or another Biblical author. The author states that he does not desire to speak much on the subjects, but rather allow the Bible to speak, with only a few comments from himself. He [the author] states that he hopes the information contained in his book will be worthwhile and usable for others.... [tags: Advice, Wisdom, Analysis]
1081 words (3.1 pages)
- Good Advice When we first started to talk about good advice, I didn't fully understand what makes good advice, well, good. "Advice is advice." I said to myself, walking home from class trying to think of where to start. As the subject grew in class, everybody started to get deeper into the subject until we all had a well-based understanding on what good advice is. Everyone had a little different perspective than everybody else, which made the subject very interesting. I realized that there are many requirements for good advice.... [tags: Advice Philosophical Papers]
1314 words (3.8 pages)
- The first main attempt to regulate campaign financing occurred in 1971 with the Federal Election Campaign Act (FECA). The act set requirements for disclosure of contributions to federal campaigns, both presidential and congressional. The main regulation to financing occurred though after its amendment in 1974. After reports of big financial abuses in the 1972 presidential election and the Watergate scandal, people wanted more constraints on financing particularly those from special interest groups.... [tags: Government ]
2443 words (7 pages)
- Introduction Tins must be advised with information that will enlighten her to her options but first we must understand facts and the issues in the case, then information about the legal issues will be presented and then the determination of whether Tina has suffered actual loss or damages and also depict other possible actions that she can take and then a summary describing all of her actions that she can take. Case In Tina’s case the relevant information is; • Tina is looking to buy a house and asks Simon about the safety of the garage, Simon says “don’t worry about that.... [tags: Law Legal Case]
1582 words (4.5 pages)