Angela and David need to buy a computer. They plan to use it to
produce letters and newsletters, to create a website, to keep the club
accounts, to record members of the club, and to detail stockists of
tandems in their area. They have never bought a computer before and
have around £1800 to spend on both hardware and software.
Main Processing Unit
The work they will be doing on the computer is not the most demanding
for a computer, so the specification of it will not need to extremely
I would recommend a fast, budget processor, like a Celeron or Duron.
These are cheaper than Pentiums and Athlons and for the tasks Angela
and David are carrying out, they will not notice much difference in
performance. A clock speed of 1000-1500Mhz would be sufficient for
On the memory front, I would recommend 256Mb of memory, as it is an
amount that would make Microsoft Windows XP and Office XP run
smoothly, and it is also the standard requirement for most modern
software programs. The memory will also be useful as it will allow a
large number of files, in this case web pages and graphics, to be open
at one time.
A motherboard will be needed, and it will need to be compatible with
the processor and memory chosen. There will need to be a sound card
and a video card, and as they will not be using these to use graphics
intensive programs, such as games, I would suggest that they chose a
motherboard with these already built in. into the motherboard to keep
costs down. It will need to contain several different types of ports.
There will need to be around 4 USB ports (for various ...
... middle of paper ...
... Organise an electrical safety check at least once a year
· Use an adjustable chair with backrest
· Use a wrist support
· Take regular breaks from the computer
· Position the computer correctly
· Do not consume food or drink near a computer.
· Adjust position in seat so arms are horizontal, mouse is in easy
reach and eyes are level with top of VDU.
· Follow instructions on consumables like printer ink and dispose of
· Install a screen filter to protect from eye strain
· Keep the screen clean with anti-static screen cleaning solution, not
polish to reduce glare
· Adjust position of computer and monitor to reduce glare from
· When upgrading the computer, always turn the power off, be gentle,
and take anti-static precautions, e.g. anti-static mat
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introducing New Software and Hardware ICT Coursework-Spreadsheet Identify: Mr Smith, who is the owner of JC SPORTS, has discovered three main problems with his shop's basketball sales, these were due to: 1. The old-fashioned manual systems in his company. (Manual system). 2. The lack of interest for the latest new products on the market. (Marketing system). 3. The lack of a new hardware & software systems. (Computer system). Surprisingly, because of poor product handling, out of all the sales in his sports and design shop, the amount of basketball sports goods sold dropped massively over the past six months.... [tags: Sales Consumerism Technology Essays]
2970 words (8.5 pages)
- DEVOXX on Security TL;DR We, the DEVOXX 2015 Security track team, want to increase security awareness among software and hardware developers. We want to make this year 's track about understanding how to break things, and knowing that this understanding allows developers to design and build more secure systems. Security has to be by design, not by feature, use case or layer. In this spirit, we would like to invite you to submit talks around the subjects on how to stress security of software projects and on how to deal with these aspects as a developer and architect.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Design]
884 words (2.5 pages)
- ... • Includes good customer relationship level of data model. • Offers you full integration with Oracle Business Intelligence. • Integrates risks, performance management, customer insight, and compliance. Benefits: • Reduce complexity by implementing a consistent framework. • Capture the complaints and nuances of customer relationships. • Measures the total balance sheet level results. • Apply sophisticated deterministic analysis. • Use different type of techniques to measure liquidity and market risk.... [tags: intellectual property, database management]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- First, an operating system manages both software and hardware. It is the connection between human and computer in that we speak to the computer through the OS. More specifically, the OS (operating system) coordinates all aspects of the computer from the CPU(Central Processing Unit) to memory and storage. As for mobile devices, the OS is slightly less intensive in that it cannot perform the same functions as the computer OS does. In the case of Samsung Galaxy and the iPhone, the OS are known as “Google Android” and “Apple iOS.” The Android OS phones are highly versatile, meaning they can be customized to a high degree.... [tags: Smartphone, IPhone, Google, Operating system]
1027 words (2.9 pages)
- Hardware and Software Configuration and Maintenance Issue Statement Nicholls and Stewart Ltd Handbook, requires appropriate administrative, physical and technical controls be incorporated into all new applications and modified applications. Security Application Systems must have security in place that encompasses not only the software, but the routine activities that enables the computer system to function correctly. These include fixing software or hardware problems, loading and maintaining software, updates to hardware and software and maintaining a historical record of application changes.... [tags: Computer security, Security, Information security]
1232 words (3.5 pages)
- The Basic Computer Hardware Central Processing Unit: The central unit is the basic part of the computer and includes all the main computer parts. It is the heart of the computer system. It is responsible for executing, or running the software. The software programs are translated into a series of codes made up of 1s to 0s that the CPU can understand. Every code means a certain operation should take place. A CPU has various discrete units to help it in these tasks for example there is an arithmetic and logic unit(ALU) that takes care of all the math and logical data comparisons that need to performed.... [tags: Computer Hardware Research Paper Technology]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Hardware and Software Anything you can touch on the computer is hardware. It is capable of accepting and storing computer data, executing a systematic sequence of operations on computer data, or producing control outputs. Such devices can perform substantial interpretation, computation, communication, control, or other logical functions. Why does John brown need hardware. John Brown needs hardware because without it the computer will not function properly. Mouse, keyboard and monitor are the most important hard without it there is no computer.... [tags: Papers]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- Hardware and Software Angela and David need to buy a computer. They plan to use it to produce letters and newsletters, to create a website, to keep the club accounts, to record members of the club, and to detail stockists of tandems in their area. They have never bought a computer before and have around £1800 to spend on both hardware and software. Hardware Main Processing Unit The work they will be doing on the computer is not the most demanding for a computer, so the specification of it will not need to extremely high.... [tags: Papers]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- Hardware and Software Required for a System There are two main types of components required for a system to work. These are: v Hardware – The parts of a computer that you can see and you can handle; the exterior components of the computer. v Software – The actual programs that allow the hardware to do a useful job. Hardware The main components of an ICT system include the following: v Input devices – these enable the data to enter the system. This could be through keyboard, scanner, digital camera, etc.... [tags: Papers]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Hardware and Software for Business One of the most important decisions a business will make is the purchase of computer hardware and software for the use of the business. Whether the company is a small Mom and Pop business or a large company with multiple locations, the criteria in deciding the appropriate automated accounting system is similar.... [tags: Business Technology ]
1586 words (4.5 pages)