Work experience was an opportunity for me, and many other year 10
students across the country to experience a different world, a world
outside school, a world of work. To many this was a new opportunity, a
challenge if you like, but to me it wasn't all that new as I have
worked for my dad at his work far from few times before. I found that
working for my dad was challenging, sometimes difficult, but I always
managed to get the work done and get that feel of self achievement.
The feeling of self achievement is a wonderful feeling, some may say
better than sex, I wouldn't go that far, but it is good.
Work experience started on June 1st 2002. I remember this day very
well, I got up at about seven o'clock, had a shower, and got ready in
a hurry because I was looking forward in anticipation to going to
work. I got a lift in to work by my sister. The only drawback was that
I got dropped off in Dunmow a hour early, but it didn't matter because
I could always go and see my friend who worked in the butchers.
That morning at nine thirty on the dot I turned up at work eagerly
waiting for it to all begin, waiting became the key word, I had to
wait for a whole hour for my boss to arrive I was not a very happy
bunny a can tell you that. So I done the only thing I could which was
play on the X BOX on the 36inch wide screen television, that kept me
happy. When he arrived, to my disappointment he had nothing for me to
do I felt as if he was wasting my time, and I really do not like time
wasters! He told me just to play on the X BOX some more, naturally I
Later in the day he found a job for me to do, I was quite excited...
... middle of paper ...
...ow I realise I had
a felt quite a great deal of self achievement, maybe it was wrong for
me to feel that but what the hell it's a nice feeling and I must of
To be quite honest that was the highlight of my whole work experience.
The following day a teacher from my school came to my work to see how
I was getting on. When she arrived I was half asleep on the sofa
listening to the legend, Phil Collins. We had a little chat and she
went after about ten minutes. I carried on doing nothing for the rest
of my work experience time. The only time I really done anything was
when I went and got lunch or went and saw Kim. I enjoyed seeing Kim,
maybe I enjoyed it too much. The two weeks was two of the worst weeks
I have ever had, not to mention the most boring. All I can say is I
hope real work life isn't this bad.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Employment and work experience Textbroker – Freelance Author - October 2013 onwards I have now been selling the rights to my written work on an online contract based platform for a reasonable period of time. This role has centred on rapidly and effectively fulfilling competitively advertised client briefs for technical writing. My work in this regard has been published on a professional basis, largely within the fields of advertising and information provision. I have also engaged in more informal original content creation such as developing blog content concerning current technological or cultural issues.... [tags: clients, work, intership, skills]
690 words (2 pages)
- Work Experience On the week starting on the 5th of July, I went on Work Experience to Crook Log Primary School. This school is situated in the centre of Bexleyheath where a lot of people can easily reach. I decided to do my week of Work Experience at Crook Log Primary School because for some time now I have been thinking about following a teaching career. At Crook Log School I worked with Mrs Coxs and a class of children which go by the name of Class 1/2. During the week I worked individually and in small groups with pupils from class 1/2.... [tags: Papers]
710 words (2 pages)
- Work Experience When we were first told about work experience I thought to my self 'great no school for two weeks.' I was looking forward to looking around places and trying to figure out what and where I wanted to do my work experience. I've always been good at doing things with beauty and nails and therefore I was hoping to find somewhere I could experience more about that. I started looking around in November and found many places where I would like to spend my two weeks of work experience.... [tags: Papers]
1449 words (4.1 pages)
- Work Experience I didn't choose what my work placement was to be. I turned up at Miss Franklin's office nervously hoping that I would get a good placement. She sat me down and looked through some documents. She pulled a wad out and told me that she had found a convenient work placement. She showed me the letters, and the title was BUPA Hospital, Marketing Department, Bushey. The first thought that sprang into my head was, how tedious. Then I took some time to think about the ups and downs of it.... [tags: Papers]
2647 words (7.6 pages)
- Work Experience Work experience was an opportunity for me, and many other year 10 students across the country to experience a different world, a world outside school, a world of work. To many this was a new opportunity, a challenge if you like, but to me it wasn't all that new as I have worked for my dad at his work far from few times before. I found that working for my dad was challenging, sometimes difficult, but I always managed to get the work done and get that feel of self achievement.... [tags: Papers]
571 words (1.6 pages)
- Work Experience Work experience. The first time those words were mentioned I felt a cold shiver slowly descend down my back. Images of spending a week with unknown people in dead-end jobs flooded into my head. It was obviously going to be far too much effort for what it was worth. Yet, another side of me said do I want to be watching paint dry, or even watching grass grow.’ This is not where I want to be. I want to be out, I want to be experiencing, living, running, jumping, eating, playing, screaming, laughing, anything.... [tags: Papers]
1341 words (3.8 pages)
- Work Experience I absolutely had no idea what I wanted to do for work experience. I had about three different options, but I always had a negative thoughts. One was to work in a bank of any sort. Well, the good things were that I think it would be fun and it does make you look smart and important. The negatives where that, to be totally honest, I was really good at money. I wasn't that smart in maths and was also a bit careless. I thought that working in a bank would make me have big responsibilities (like handling money or talking to customers) too big that I couldn't even handle.... [tags: Papers]
960 words (2.7 pages)
- Work Experience It was the first morning of my work experience and as I sat on the bench outside Thorntons and the nerves started to kick in. As the shutters started to rise, a burst of mixed emotions entered me. I was scared, excited, worried and a host of other feeling wriggled around inside me. I walked in the shop stiff with nerves. As I introduced myself to the assistant manager I kept missing out words as I was speaking because I was so flustered with the experience of it all.... [tags: Papers]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Work Experience When I received confirmation of my placement at Horndean Parish council I only had a week left to make my preparations like interviews, uniforms and insurance. My placement was late in coming because I had to keep on reselecting, eventually I found a half decent job which fitted my criteria very well, it was outside. It involved working with animals, computer work and was near to my home. I was quite chuffed with this because if I hadn't been given it I would be doing something very boring like working with the caretaker at school and not only would I have been bored but my street cred would have gone down the drain as well.... [tags: Papers]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Work Experience As part of my work experience, I have been given a place to work at Boots located in Wealdstone. It is about a 5 minute drive to the place however a bus does travel from near my house to Boots. I have been given a Boots tie and have been told to wear black trousers and a white shirt. My first thoughts about work experience are both positive and negative. I will meet several new people and will have the opportunity to communicate with the public. I hope to achieve numerous objectives by the end of this experience including confidence within my inner self.... [tags: Papers]
658 words (1.9 pages)