I want to step out of my comfort zone and challenge myself in the arena of public speaking. I want to meet new people. I want to share my ideas with people who haven't always known me. I want a boat. I want to enjoy myself at work as much as possible. I want to grow. I want to learn. I want to feel challenged. I want to create something that is mine. I want to make my parents proud. I want the feeling of accomplishment. I want more responsibility. I want more money.
I find myself on a vaguely familiar road. However, this time, the colors are different, they're brighter. I don't feel like I'm looking into an abyss. I think I can actually see the guy standing there with my diploma waiting for me. I couldn't see him before, I couldn't even try to envision him. It's different now. I'm actually looking forward to school and to learning new things. I enjoy the team philosophy a million times more than I ever thought. My past experiences in school have been where students do their own work. I came to recognize and prefer that. The classes were made up of super ran...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Sleeping the number of hours recommend has made such a physical impact making me not only feel better about myself physical self but also mentally to. Goals (ADD MORE) One of my S.M.A.R.T goals was to improve my stress management by creating lists to help me maintain a better timely schedule, and to also involving myself in daily relaxing activities to lower my stress level throughout the semester. By the end of the semester I should have been able to create a proper daily and weekly schedule that not only involve my academics, but as well as my personal life.... [tags: psychological , physical, sleep, manage, stress]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Abstract The ultimate result of this paper will reflect my personal goals that I hope to achieve as a University of Phoenix student and which I have been and am trying to pursue and obtain. They are goals that I feel I need to have in life in order to survive, prosper, and succeed to higher full-filling and journeys. In this essay, I hope to convey to the reader how I am optimistically moving to reach these goals, as well as represent to the reader how one can set their mind to determine the goals that he or she needs and/or wants to reach and see that he or she can do it.... [tags: Personal Goals]
1739 words (5 pages)
- As I struggle threw another ten minutes on the treadmill, I’m reminded at how unnecessary that last cigarette I had was. Or maybe if I had skipped out on the last round of shots last night I might be okay to go lift weights after this. At least I’m in the gym and you have to applaud yourself on small steps, right. Looking at my life a year ago and I have to say studying vocabulary words for anthropology or writing essays on the possible origins of World War I were not activities that I was motivated in participating in.... [tags: Personal Narrative, Personal Experience]
838 words (2.4 pages)
- Rarely would you expect to find an advertisement for paper. However, the Paper & Packaging Board released such an ad in an unconventional way. The ad lays out an array of items. Upon first glance, these items appear to be grouped by their usefulness to, in this specific ad, climbers: a plane ticket to Alaska, a guide for hiking at Denali, bandages, toilet paper, matches, a new pair of boots, and a map, among others. However, what isn’t as clearly evident is the impact that paper and paper-based packaging has on all of these items.... [tags: Paper, Toilet paper, The Reader, Mountaineering]
1057 words (3 pages)
- Placing information in context is benefit when making a decision. It is helpful to review the historical events and available information to create a picture of where to go next. The purpose of this paper is to review the personal information from the career assessments taken in HS 585 Career Counseling at Bellevue University. The review will focus on this author’s personal results. This paper will combine the assessments with the author’s personal history to provide a context for future career goals.... [tags: Career Goals]
1006 words (2.9 pages)
- Personal Goals I want to Achieve as a University of Phoenix Student With a degree from the University of Phoenix, I will rule the world. The worlds that I will rule are my own internal and external ones. These worlds consist of paper, development of personal skills, satisfaction and achievement, titles, and specialized knowledge. My goals are personal, family-oriented, business-related, or just plain selfish. The receipt of a diploma is something that I perceive as slightly superficial. Obtaining this piece of paper, which will hang on my office wall, is an external, visual symbol that represents a base of knowledge to others regardless of whether or not that base of knowledge is applicable... [tags: essays research papers]
614 words (1.8 pages)
- Introduction In mental health, it is important to ensure the safety of staff, patients, and other who come into the mental health environment. This is accomplished by safety and security procedures used by the mental health facility. One of the safety procedures is the removal of contraband from the patient upon admission and throughout the length of stay if suspected of possessing contraband (Pelletier, Poster, & Kay, 1990). “Contraband is broadly defined as any item that is potentially hazardous to patients and staff, including weapons, razors, matches and lighters, medications, and so forth” (Pelletier et al., 1990, p.... [tags: Management Paper, Safety, Patients, Staff]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- My Purpose Paper My personal purpose statement is to pursue success through customer satisfaction using my restorative, intellection and futuristic strength themes. My top personal goal is to be able to be successful. Along with that, I want to be able to form relationships and bonds that last a lifetime with genuine people who have my best interest at heart. I want to be able to be content with every aspect of my life and not constantly doubt myself or my abilities. My top career goal is to be a lodging manager at a well-known hotel or resort who is constantly validated for their work and efforts to keep the hotel/resort running smoothly.... [tags: Hotel, Lodging, Hospitality industry, Management]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- As a student at the University of Phoenix three personal goals that I want to achieve are, first is to complete my bachelor of science in business management in 2 years. Next is to become a better writer. Throughout junior college, writing has always been my weakest point and with the amount of writing assignments required at University of Phoenix this needs to be one of my top goals. Finally is to complete every course with no less than a B letter grade. With making the decision to return to school and taking on the considerable financial burden, receiving an average grade would be unacceptable to my standards.... [tags: essays research papers]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Paper Parental involvement is critical in facilitating children’s development and achievement and in preventing educational and developmental problems. Declining achievement scores, rising educational costs, and distrust of bureaucratic institutions are among the factors which have refocused attention on the rights, responsibilities, and impact of parents. Benefits to Children Substantial evidence exists to show that children whose parents are involved in their schooling have significantly increased their academic achievement and cognitive development.... [tags: essays papers]
1846 words (5.3 pages)