If he had not given me opportunities to take his lessons, maybe I would not have realized that what I had to do to make my life really valuable. Serving as a colonel in military, my granddad taught me to be disciplined- one of the most important characteristics for young people. Certainly, it was not easy for me at the beginning. I was lazy to get up early in the morning to do exercise, go to bed in the exact time and not go out before finishing homework. My granddad did not shout at me. He knew that I was in the maturing time, very sensitively! Analyzing for me, which was good or bad, telling me stories and most importantly, setting a good example, he did quite normally but effectively.
He was not only take care of my physical health but also my mental one. When a child, being nurtured in the fairy world through hi...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are many people who have influenced American history. Each one has had a different impact on the country. Among the many people who have influenced American history are Thomas Paine, Harriet Tubman, and Dred Scott. Thomas Paine is most known for his pamphlet that inspired the American Revolution. This pamphlet spoke directly to the people and was, therefore, very powerful. Common Sense was read and debated by Americans just about everywhere. The American Crisis, Number 1, was the first in a series of essays that were meant to boost the morale and encourage the revolution.... [tags: independence, slaves, bias]
912 words (2.6 pages)
- An Experiment to Determine Whether People Are Influenced by Leading Questions Abstract The purpose of the experiment was to determine whether people are influenced by leading questions. This experiment is a replication of an experiment conducted by Loftus and Palmer in 1974. In the experiment the independent variable was the verb used (contact, smash). The dependant variable was the speed estimated by the participants when recalling the picture of the crash from their memory. The results gave evidence that specific words could influence the retrieval of a memory.... [tags: Psychological Experiment]
2361 words (6.7 pages)
- Individuals are profoundly influenced by and involved with other people. Socialization makes people adjust and learn to transform their behavior, thoughts, feelings, and attitudes according to the ideals of their culture and society. Through this, gender roles are learned and developed. Gender Roles greatly influence how we think and how we behave. Traditionally men could be stereotyped as strong and dominant, whereas females are passive. These stereotypes drawback and discriminate both men and women in the workplace, at home, and in society all together.... [tags: Gender, Gender role, Woman, Stereotype]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- What do people are influenced by about careers. Parents, teachers, books, TV shows… We choose individual occupations influenced by several things and we have several reasons to choose ones. In my case, I have been influenced by my part time job. I had worked in a small private restaurant in Japan until I’ve come to America for about three years. I started working to earn money for my college and to overcome my shy nature. The members of the restaurant were really kind to me because I was the youngest among them.... [tags: Management, Full-time, Want, The Work]
707 words (2 pages)
- All around the world, Social networking is getting stronger and stronger. All ages are getting attached to it in many ways. As a result, we aren’t paying attention to our peers. In today’s world, young people are more influenced by social networking than before. Some of those sites are Facebook, Instagram, Myspace and other. Even if social networking informs and connects us with the world around us, there are some negatives aspects that should be known toward our youngest generations. Based on two articles, “Zuckerberg Kids under 13 should be allowed on Facebook” by Michal Lev- Ram and “Facebook Users Who Are Under Age Raise Concerns” by Matt Richtel and Miguel Helft.... [tags: Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, Social network service]
1138 words (3.3 pages)
- Jarett Culberson Augustus influenced the way the Roman people thought of him and because of that influence he set on the people of Rome he was able to prevail as a leader. Throughout the Res Gestae Augustus portrays himself as a humble leader that was given the opportunity to rule Rome by the people and not like many other rulers before him that fought against other powerful people to take the position of the head of Rome, when in fact Augustus did exactly what others had done before. He had taken the position by force but it is what he did differently once he had it, that he was able to last.... [tags: Roman Empire, Augustus, Ancient Rome]
711 words (2 pages)
- “This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, some go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate.... [tags: inappropriate dress,miley cyrus,marilin monroe]
1079 words (3.1 pages)
- My grandfather . This is the first thing coming up to my mind when being asked about the one who is the most important to me. From time to time, the caring and educating professionally of my beloved granddad grew me up. If he had not given me opportunities to take his lessons, maybe I would not have realized that what I had to do to make my life really valuable. Serving as a colonel in military, my granddad taught me to be disciplined- one of the most important characteristics for young people.... [tags: Personal Essays grandfather granddad]
576 words (1.6 pages)
- While the Brazilian Revolution emerged largely from the influence of the American Revolution, some variation remains between those two revolutions in exactly how those revolutions were executed and what the reasons for them were. In concern to the American Revolution, there are two sides debating its primary cause. One set of historians believe the cause to be ideals and principles. The other set of historians and scholars credit economic and social interests as the primary cause of the Revolutionary War.... [tags: the previous influenced the latter]
1052 words (3 pages)
- Children Are Influenced by T.V. When children are young, they tend to act different than when they are older. They are not mature yet and are still easily influenced. Little kids are usually very easily influenced by their surroundings. Whether it is television, friends, family members, or just plain strangers, everyone and everything are influences on a little kid. I believe that young boys are usually more easily influenced than young girls. First, one influence that has a major effect on children's behavior is television. Believe it or not, T.V.... [tags: Media Argumentative Persuasive Argument]
417 words (1.2 pages)