- 0 Executive Summary
- 1 Business Plan
Improvement is critical to survival. Worldwide, technology is changing rapidly. The key to being the best in the industry is to improve the existing processes faster than the competition. The purpose of this project is to reduce the company's inventory costs while improving existing production processes and services. In order to accomplish this is to have Inventory Control Management System (ICMS) to eliminate inappropriate requirements and simplify processes. The company's present processes involve hand written/manual processes that have many side effects such as excessive production process time and inefficient resource usage. Computerized inventory system gives automated record keeping that provides up to the minute stock balances, pricing availability, current open order and open purchase order information, sales trends, and purchase and usage history.
The mission of Inventory Control Management System is to provide continuous improvement that is demonstrated through the use of its full resources effectively to exceed customer expectations and improve existing production processes and services.
The objective of Inventory Control Management System is to manage resources efficiently while
ensuring that the production processes proceed effectively with less time involved. In addition, the
Ensure efficiency and timely identification of production processes
Assist in managing company's wide inventory
Provide a common repository for asset protection
Plan and control the usage of assets across the company
2.0 Company Analysis
Since profitable sales of products are...
... middle of paper ...
...ocedures- an overview training session
4.1.6 Expected Duration
Expected project duration is 2 months. Given the size of this project and the fact that the project members have a scheduled meeting to discuss the project, we feel that the project can be completed on time as specified. Thus, the project team members are able to complete the project quickly and effectively within given timeframe.
Based on the specific requirements of the company, we have developed the following system alternatives:
A fully functional inventory system
A well-designed database that will provide the functionality to insert, delete or modify records
A search function in the ICMS so that a particular record can be found speedily
This system alternative will maximize capacity of the ICMS and can be completed within the project timeframe.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- System analysis is done at the initial stage of the project.It recognizes the problem customer is trying to solve. Requirements gathering is the major part of this phase. User requirements are determined and documented. 4.1 Existing System Cloud server system was considered as an M/M/R/K queuing system by Chiang and Ouyang in which if a request is received after it reaches its maximum capacity will be rejected. Here R stands for server size and K for queue capacity and optimal configuration has to be defined.... [tags: Requirements analysis, Software requirements]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- 1- The GUI system built for E&F boutique is customer relationship management system. E&F needed this system to introduce the business concept to the customers and collect database and feedback from them. The business is a start-up, thus developing a system that allows their business to expand and attract customers and build rapport with them was needed. Moreover, since it is a start-up business it was needed to build a customer database through the collection of information from the customer relationship system.... [tags: management, GUI system]
524 words (1.5 pages)
- Patient-centric care practices are becoming the foundation of the current healthcare system. However, there is work and research to be done before a fully integrated and patient-centric system is in place throughout the healthcare system. Murphy (2011) has taken a closer look at the patient-centric care system, and what must be done before the patient truly becomes the center of the healthcare universe. Patient-centric care makes the patient and their family members a significant part of the care team, which may help to remove unneeded and unwanted services (Murphy, 2011).... [tags: Technology, Healthcare System]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Death is a global event that we will all experience throughout our lifetime. How we respond to the mental conception of death is specific and highly influenced by our cultural worlds (Nikora, L. W., Masters-Awatere, B., & Te Awekotuku, N, 2012). Māori often act as if the Tangihanga is one of the only things that they possess, which has not transformed over time and have a proclivity to argue that it is one of the customs that absolutely remains as theirs and theirs only. This essay will look into the Māori cultural death system which is withal identified as Tangihanga and how the designation of death has transmuted over time.... [tags: death system, maori culture, tangihanga]
1658 words (4.7 pages)
- A cost accounting system is a framework used by firms to estimate the cost of their products for profitability analysis, inventory valuation and cost control. Its goal is to advise the management on the most appropriate course of action based on the cost efficiency and capability. Cost accounting provides the detailed cost information that management needs to control current operations and plan for the future. Costing is essential for every organization, as every manufacturing and other department has to be assigned accurate budget for proper operation (Hansen, Mowen and Guan, 2006).... [tags: accounting, cost control, costing]
1059 words (3 pages)
- This system illustrates the communication system from load cell to PC. The laboratory’s 6-axis load cell is usually composed of four strain gauges in a Wheatstone bridge form. This device produces an output signal in the order of a few millivolts. Thus, an instrumentation amplifier is used to amplify the signal before feeding it to an ADC. Moreover, this system should use a low-pass filter to pass the low-frequency signals and to avoid interference from high-frequency noises. Afterwards, all the 6 channels are measured simultaneously by time division multiplexing method.... [tags: System Analysis]
1240 words (3.5 pages)
- In order to develop and meet the major requirements of an organisation, managers should design an assessment form designed to evaluate employee’s performance regarding their level of understanding and the quality of their work. According to Bradford and Burke (2005) an annual performance appraisal is a management system that enables managers to set management objectives, processes and practices that ensure effective management, motivation and development of every member of the team. Performance appraisals build effective habits among members such as employees are able to clearly understand the organisational goals and identifying the best way forward to meeting these goals.... [tags: Business Management]
1420 words (4.1 pages)
- The ideal verse actual performance management (PM) system implemented by an organization has similarities and differences that prove to be the distinction between a system that yields the desired results and one that does not. Aguinis (2009) outlines and discusses 14 characteristics of an ideal PM system that, if implemented, are likely to help the system generate the desired results. EDF Energy (EDF) is a European energy company that experienced a merger in 2003 and is structured into four main branches: energy, customers, networks, and development.... [tags: Business Management ]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- <ol> <li value="1">0 Executive Summary <li value="1">1 Business Plan </ol> Improvement is critical to survival. Worldwide, technology is changing rapidly. The key to being the best in the industry is to improve the existing processes faster than the competition. The purpose of this project is to reduce the company's inventory costs while improving existing production processes and services. In order to accomplish this is to have Inventory Control Management System (ICMS) to eliminate inappropriate requirements and simplify processes.... [tags: Management]
1085 words (3.1 pages)
- System Analysis The organisation that I have decided to work on for my AS computing project is called Adam Property Maintenance (APM), it has been established for almost eight years now. It is a private limited company, which specialises in repairing and maintaining services for homes and businesses. Although the company is a small organisation there are a lot of other property maintenance companies in the greater London area to compete with. There seems to be a lot of interest in the company since the company moved from there last location in Wembley and the local community has accepted that the company is a good organisation with a lot of skilled engineers.... [tags: Papers]
7309 words (20.9 pages)