All over the world there are many different ecosystems that make up our planet. These ecosystems revolve around stability. Their stability is determined by the environmental factors occurring within the system. Among the factors involved there are many that we as a people cannot control. Climate, weather, and things like these are elements which we cannot mediate. However there is one factor which the human race has a lot to do with, and that is pollution. Pollution puts the factors of stability into a bind. It destroys habitat and resources for all living things. Not to mention that it puts a severe strain on our atmosphere. It also poses a serious health risks to those organisms that are operating survivors of the environmental battering. Since we as humans are the only organisms capable of recognizing these threats to our world, we are also the only ones who can put a stop to it. Pollution is and always will be a factor, our mission is not to eradicate it but rather to reduce the contributing factors and educate the population of their self-destructive habits. Negligence towards the earth's wellbeing is far from a new subject. Scientists in the particular field of environmental biology have always been aware of the earth and its needs. But not until the sixties did the general public start to become aware of the earth's distress. The bottom line comes down to a few major contributing factors: earth's population creates more waste than it can store, the production of CFC's (chlorofluorocarbons: aerosol cans, factory exhaust, car exhaust), and negligence of personal contribution. These three factors are, quite simply the downfall of the environment. With these factors in existence, a call to action of sorts is necessary. Throu...
... middle of paper ...
...uld succeed in making our planet healthier and a more pleasant place to live. By disregarding this proposal we unmistakably put an end to our earth. Maybe not today but eventually we will have done too much damage to repair. Think not of yourself, but of your children to come. Time is running short for the well being of our world.
The environment is at major risk to our own destruction. This destruction is inevitable if we aren't made aware of the power which we hold. Environmental awareness has always been apparent but its severity has never been clarified. The destruction of earth is occurring at an exponential rate and if we do not make a stand to resolve the process then existence of indefinite life if taken out of the hands of fate and put directly into ours. As the present generation, it is our duty to carry out this ongoing fight for our environment.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- From the ground underneath us to the stars in the sky, we all are apart of the earth’s spheres. Us as humans fit in with earth’s spheres very well actually. There are different spheres on Earth that we tie into that play a part in our lives. Here are the spheres that I will be tying us into Hydrosphere, Exosphere, Atmosphere, and Geosphere. These spheres play a crucial part in our lives and explaining what each sphere affects us. The spheres have an important job on our earth and we need to realize it.... [tags: Earth, Water, Atmosphere, Precipitation]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Jaskaran Pannu 005/ Elizabeth Earth System Science Earth system refers to the earths interacting physical, biological, and chemical processes. The system consists of land, oceans, atmosphere and poles. The earth system has four spheres, including the geosphere, the hydrosphere, the atmosphere, and the biosphere. The geosphere refers to the solid parts of the earth system, including earth’s rocky crust, mantle, and the metallic core. Within the geosphere is the lithosphere, which only refers to the uppermost layers of solid earth.... [tags: Plate tectonics, Earth, Igneous rock]
1464 words (4.2 pages)
- The universe is a vast, mysterious place filled with an estimated one hundred billion galaxies, within each galaxy, there are one hundred billion stars, and an estimated 〖10〗^24 planets. The Milky Way galaxy contains eight planets, one of them is the complex Earth. Earth is a rich planet containing things such as icy mountain peaks, steep canyons, lava, and towering waterfalls. All these things are what make it possible for our planet to sustain all of its beautiful life from the numerous plant and animal species.... [tags: Plate tectonics, Volcano, Earth]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Lesson 1- tectonic plates Children revise to know that the crust is the thinnest top layer of the earths structure, they also need to know that it is made up of two types of plates continental which carries land and oceanic which carries the ocean ("plate tectonics | geology", 2015). They will also revisit the mantle, learning its place in the structure of the earth. (“BBC-GCSE: The structure of the earth 2016). The children will learn that the crust is where the tectonic plates are located while the mantel is what influence their movement.... [tags: Plate tectonics, Volcano, Earth]
1901 words (5.4 pages)
- Before the Earth was a place that animals inhabited, there was a small green planet orbiting around the sun close to Earth called Equis. The flat, grass covered planet was dotted with small pools of water. Equis was inhabited mostly by the sun horses. The sun birthed the first generation of these horses which were carried on asteroids to Equis. These horses were captivatingly beautiful and strong. Most were yellow or red like the sun, with white flames for manes and tails. The possessed strong hooves and heavy bodies that made the planet shake when they galloped across it.... [tags: Sun, Earth, Moon, Ocean]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- The Significance of the Earth in The Good Earth "And O-lan in the house was not idle. With her own hands she lashed the mats to the rafters and took earth from the fields and mixed it with water and mended the walls of the house, and she built again the oven and filled the holes in the floor that the rain had washed." There can be no doubt that the symbol of earth in Buck's novel, The Good Earth, is one so potent that it permeates and binds the entire tale. It is presented repeatedly throughout the novel, either through gentle allusion or outright statement.... [tags: The Good Earth]
451 words (1.3 pages)
- My life is a cluttered drawer if you looked inside you would see a variety of pictures. Pictures of places far and near. Pictures of friends, family and loved ones. In the back of the drawer tools for the tinkering that everything seems to need at one time or another. Different types of music would be scattered throughout the drawer on tapes and CD’s for the good times and the bad. Often I sit in my room and look back at all the pictures of the interesting places I have been, the unusual sights I have seen and the people I meet doing it all.... [tags: essays research papers]
541 words (1.5 pages)
- A Difference in Values The House of Wang Lung rose in one generation from a family of poor farmers to a wealthy respected house in the novel The Good Earth by Pearl Buck. The dramatic change in social status causes the sons of Wang Lung to have different views and values from their father. His different treatment of each son also shapes each character. Although part of the same family the charachters demonstrate a difference in values. The father values the land, the youngest son values regognition, the middle son values wealth, and the eldest son values respect.... [tags: Earth]
1055 words (3 pages)
- The Earth spins around an axis. The Earth takes (a bit more than) one day to go around once. This axis is pointing off somewhere in space. This axis (mostly) doesn’t move. At the same time, the Earth is orbiting the Sun. It takes (a bit more than) one year to go around once. The plane of the Earth’s orbit (mostly) doesn’t move. The spin axis of the Earth’s daily rotation is not perpendicular to the plane of the Earth’s orbit.It is tilted (approximately) 23.4 degrees. The angle of tilt (mostly) doesn’t change.... [tags: physics earth spin]
542 words (1.5 pages)
- The patient's condition is serious. Symptoms are multiple. His health is noxious. He has a fever, higher than ever before. Efforts to bring it down are not working. Poison has been found in body fluids. When symptoms are treated in one area, more pop up in other areas. If this were a usual patient, doctors would be inclined to declare the multiple sicknesses as chronic and terminal. Not knowing what else to do, they would just take steps to make the patient as comfortable as possible until the end came.... [tags: Earth Science]
4699 words (13.4 pages)