My first opinion that could help society with the benefits of pornography is that couples can learn new ideas and can experiment with different positions. I take this idea straight out from the reading by Wendy McElroy, "Individualist Feminism: A True Defense of Pornography." The idea is that pornography provides sexual information on new ideas and sexual alternatives (McElroy 129). Pornography provides information like a "how to" book to sexual positions and experiences before actually trying them out for stimulation in bed. Videos, pictures and stories all provide information in a blunt, up-front manner. This up-front manner also gives people the added security of others not knowing if a couple is having trouble in sexual satisfaction. Pornography gives a couple can do this in the privacy of their own household. If there was to be no pornography, where would couples who would be embarrassed to seek professional help go to for assistance? Pornography does this part of assistance without the labeling on the movies such a...
... middle of paper ...
...this couples can be more comfortable about having sex because sex is a natural act that all humans have to perform to bring another human into the world. Pornography also strips confusions such as the gossip that may surround sex among peers. In pornography the sex is performed and there is no gossip between characters or persons who were outside of the act which is similar to what happens in real world circumstances.
Pornography can be good for society in different ways with limitations. When pornography is produced it is purely for the use as adult entertainment. This is good for the society because it gives a fantasy to watch, something to learn from, a way to express the human body as an art, and it takes the social part out of sex which is put in by society. Pornography with the limitations that I stated is okay for society and should not be looked down upon.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people have many ideas and opinions on different things in society. One of these things that come up frequently is a person's opinion on pornography whether it is good or bad for society. My opinion is that porn is good for the society with limitations. Limitations that I believe in are that all persons in the pornography must be or the age of eighteen or older and animal pornography should be banned from print. These limitations could be made by the government or by the companies which make the pornography.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
673 words (1.9 pages)
- Since it is associated with graphic and sexually explicit content, pornography is quickly dismissed from society. Many people view it as obscene and find it unfortunate that such content exists. However, pornography is a medium of expression that has existed for thousands of years and contrary to the conservative views that many people have, it has allowed its audiences and participants to benefit economically, technologically and socially. Pornographic and erotic works have closely been related to technological development of the modern age.... [tags: Internet Pornography Essays]
1832 words (5.2 pages)
- Dating back all the way to the 1980’s, before the internet, pornography was still a very popular and readily accessible phenomenon sweeping the nation. Many groups have tried to shut down the whole institution for the stigma it has of being very distasteful and obscene. These groups, including feminists, religious groups, and even the Reagan administration, for years, have been working toward legislation to outlaw pornography.(Suderman) What they don’t realize is that they are actually trying to remove a safe and creative sexual outlet for many people.... [tags: The Benefits of Internet Pornography]
1171 words (3.3 pages)
- Introduction For the past 30 years, pornography has been a subject that has divided many North Americans as the topic became increasingly controversial with time. The subject makes for a very significant ethical issue mainly because it’s an issue that has the capability of altering our freedom of expression and because it’s a topic that invokes many conflicting values and competing ideas of right and wrong. Furthermore, pornography is also a major ethical issue because many of those that are against feel as though it infringes on societies’ morals as many believe that “viewing even mildly explicit pornography leads to an interest in increasingly deviant material” (McNaught and Renneboog).... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1993 words (5.7 pages)
- The word Pornography is defined as "writings, photographs, movies, etc., intended to arouse sexual excitement". With each year that passes pornography has been more and more accepted, it can be seen in books, magazines, cable television and most of all through the internet. Many religions go against it, but at the same time people know that there is a reason why people go into the business and accepted it an other people just like it. In this paper I will talk about pornography and how it is viewed by the four ethical standards (Utilitarian, Kant, Human Rights and Justice is Fairness).... [tags: Ethics of Pornography]
490 words (1.4 pages)
- Steven Hirsch is still a handsome man at age 39; he has a golden tan, long brown hair, and a new black Ferrari. Steven founded Vivid Videos in 1984 when he was 23. Now president of the lucrative company, he discusses brand recognition and foreign licensing rights from his office nestled in the solid middle class community of Van Nuys, California. Steven sounds much like the young Hollywood movie executives not far from his inconspicuous studios ... until he starts listing some of his company's video credits: Ho-tel Pacifico, Lonestar Virgins #9, and Life on Beaver Ave.... [tags: Pornography Essays]
1937 words (5.5 pages)
- It goes by many names, from "smut" to "erotic art." It's as old as civilization itself, and is present in all cultures, with or without the approval of those in authority. It takes many forms, finding expression in literature, music, painting, sculpture and theater, as well as in the more modern media of photography and cinema. Its creators range from the anonymous scrawler to the likes of Catullus, Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Titian, and Wagner; and their talents run the gamut from childishly crude to supremely eloquent.... [tags: Pornography Censorship]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- The term pornography originates from the Greek language, and the definition of this word is "depiction of the activities of whores" (Sushma, 2014). Pornography is encountered in many forms. Such as films, books, photographs, on television, in addition to the internet. Pornography is in each and every culture. Some cultures are more accepting than others when it comes to pornography. Some denominations do not approve any forms of pornography in addition to finding the act of viewing and reading this material as a sin.... [tags: Ethics, Morality, Human sexual behavior, Human]
1387 words (4 pages)
- Statement of Scope Are erotic art and pornography the same. Is a controversial topic. Sometimes the concept of pornography is well accepted and also can be even conceived as an artistic expression of erotic pleasure. On the other hand, it can be characterized as sinful and obscene. But the topic of whether erotic art can being categorized as pornography gets into this worldwide debate. What are the factors that can affect their distinction. The Museum of Sex located at New York has caused polemic among the people who know about it.... [tags: Annotated Bibliography]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- The Controversy Over Internet Pornography When the car industry comes to mind, you think of Detroit. When oranges come to mind, you think of Florida. When pornography comes to mind, you think of the Internet. Almost everything in today’s society has its place, and the place for the pornography industry is the Internet. Being almost inevitable, pornography has become part of everyone’s Internet experience. Whether its junk e-mail or a nasty pop-up for $3.99 a month subscriptions, its hard to say that there isn’t anyone out there who hasn’t been exposed to Internet pornography in one way or another.... [tags: Computers]
774 words (2.2 pages)