On October 15, 2015, an inclusive preventive maintenance assessment was conducted, and this report provides some research methods used in completing the assessment, such as written surveys, visual observations, and personal interviews. The written surveys were in the form of qualitative and quantitative questions. The qualitative questions allowed the researcher to obtain in-depth information about existing problems within the SUAH, while the quantitative questions allowed the researcher to quantify the problems in order to form viable solutions. The researcher conducted a visual observation and gathered additional data on current structural concerns. Finally, personal interviews were conducted with the employees to hear problems they encounter daily.
Before the assessments were performed, Mr. Geis and employees at the SUAH were given a set of duties to complete. These duties included the following:
• Communicate with each other regarding particular problems observed
• Participate in one of the three surveys: written, visual, or pe...
... middle of paper ...
...s, D., Pasztor, J., Rand, T., & Bourbeau, J. (1999). Germicidal ultraviolet irradiation in air conditioning systems: Effect on office worker health and wellbeing: A pilot study. Occup Environ Med, 56, 397402.doi:10.1136/oem.56.6.397
Miller, S. (n.d.). Brainyquote.com. Retrieved November 15, 2013, from BrainyQuote.com Web site: http://www.brainyquote.com /quotes/quotes/s/siennamill428538.html
Perry, R. (2010). Ray’s retirement: Maryborough. Retrieved from http://ratbagp.blogspot.com/2010/08/maryborough.html
Schindler, K. (2011). Home and Small Business Energy Efficiency-Certified Energy Manager & Auditor. Retrieved from http://www.kevinschindler.com/ index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=39&Itemid=233
TWBS House Maintenance List. (2013). Storm. Retrieved from http://takewinterbystorm.org/wpcontent/uploads/2013/10/TWBS_HousemaintenanceList_2013.pdf
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am making this maintenance plan for Preston valley, Dallas. Maintenance is defined as the work that is done to keep your building in good working condition. This is done on a regular basis. Most of the maintenance tasks are done by the building’s super, but some of the tasks can be done by officers, maintenance and repairs committee, outside contractors or the tenants themselves. Maintenance policy is a statement of principle used to guide maintenance management decision making. “Having a proactive plan in place to keep buildings well maintained not only enhances the appearance and value of properties, it allows a property manager to address vital maintenance issues, such as expenses, cont... [tags: Maintenance, Preventive maintenance]
1056 words (3 pages)
- Jennifer Measheaw Week 6 Close out report Professor: Nirav Saraiya 12-7-14 Course Project: Close Out Report Introduction The purpose of my paper is to present all the important documentation to finalize system development life cycle and close this project down. Petrie 's Electronics Loyalty Program turned into a success story. This was not easy to achieve, as many changes and challenges for both development team and Petrie 's personnel did occur. Even though the project was a success story it was at serious risk of being a failure due to the additional requirements made by Petrie 's departments.... [tags: Maintenance, Preventive maintenance, Team]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- ... This database contains content that is current as of April 1, 2013. The current federal regulation for good manufacturing practice for finished pharmaceutical requires that: “Any building used in the manufacture, processing, packaging, or holding of a drug product shall be maintained in a good state of repair” . The 21 C.F.R. 211.67 is the regulation that applies to equipment cleaning and maintenance. This regulation states that: “Equipment and utensils must be cleaned, maintained, and, as suitable for the kind of drug, sanitized or sterilized at appropriate intervals to prevent breakdowns or contamination that would affect the safety, identity, strength, quality, or purity of the dr... [tags: no equipment should reach the breaking point]
1948 words (5.6 pages)
- 1.0 Introduction Ship maintenance can be divide into two major categories which is preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance. Preventive maintenance is the maintenance taken before the equipment or machinery breakdown, its mission is to maintain a level of certain services of an equipment, while corrective maintenance is the action taken after the breakdown occur, its task is to correct the defects to be found in different equipment. A regular maintenance of the cargo handling equipment that used on board ship is essential to ensure that the equipment is always functioning at its operable state for speedy loading and unloading of cargoes as well as safety aspects.... [tags: mechanical/maritime engineering]
2010 words (5.7 pages)
- Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) means systematic caring, inspecting, and servicing of military equipment to keep it in good condition and to prevent breakdowns. The operator of the vehicle mission is to be sure to perform PMCS each time he/she operate the vehicle. Always do the PMCS in the same order, so it gets to be a habit. Once you've had some practice, you will quickly spot anything wrong. There are three types of Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services (PMCS) that the military performs on their vehicles; they are, before, during, and after checks.... [tags: World Literature]
553 words (1.6 pages)
- Introduction The study will seek to find out the possibility of introducing an environmental engineering program at Laurentian University. The issue of environment is one that has become very important for human beings and as such, more knowledge is needed to come up with positive solutions for all. The Laurentian University has a track record in producing engineers who are highly reputable and as such it is well placed to offer these courses to students. An environmental engineering program will combine all the divisions of science, which can make a difference in people’s daily lives.... [tags: Research Proposal ]
1435 words (4.1 pages)
- The future of transportation is as bright as the sun. Car types and styles are ever so changing in our world today. Nothing is constant. Manufacturers are constantly breaking the mold and designing fresh new ideas for how we get from place to place. From body styles to engine types, things are changing. But body styles aren't the only things limited to change. The very way we move ourselves is changing. Traditional combustion engines are being replaced with newer and more efficient ones, and in some cases, they are being replaced altogether.... [tags: car types, manufacturers,designs]
987 words (2.8 pages)
- The introduction and implementation of the Affordable Healthcare Act has put the insurance industry and healthcare costs under the public microscope. As politicans, insurance executives, doctors and consumers scutinize every cost associated with healthcare, Preventive Health Care has become a topic of debate. Preventive health care saves lives and contribute to a better quality of life by diagnosing medical conditions at early more treatable stages. This paper examines the effectiveness of preventive healthcare in containment of health care costs and overall health benefit of consumers.... [tags: Affordable Healthcare Act]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Sheds are very useful for storage. The most common shed in domestic use are garden sheds. They are not only useful, but having a garden shed is an added attraction to your lawn as well. Having a shed does not end there; it requires proper building and maintenance. It is important that you keep the garden shed from prolonged sun and water exposure. Keeping it clean is also an assurance that it will be of use for a long time. The most common type of garden shed is wooden sheds because they match right to a garden environment.... [tags: Home Maintenance ]
468 words (1.3 pages)
- Software Maintenance and Change Control in an Organization Abstract The research done for this paper represents an attempt to describe the type and distribution of activities within software maintenance and change control. Software maintenance activities span a system's productive life and consume a major portion of the total life cycle costs of a system. However, what is actually done to systems in maintenance is sometimes a mystery to many organizations. Thus, software maintenance remains an activity that is difficult and expensive to manage.... [tags: Technology Research Software Maintenance]
1266 words (3.6 pages)