November 4th, 2016 history was made in the United States of America. The young, middle aged and elderly woke up on the morning of November 4th, and walked out there door to go and vote for the new President of our country. On that morning our society had to swallow our pride and select either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Many people decided that they were going to vote for the person they hated the least and not the person they agreed with the most. As America watched at home, in a big city, constantly checking 538, anxiously awaiting the results, no one was expecting the outcome. Roughly, around 3am on November 5th the President Elect was announced. Donald Trump would be the next President of the United Stated in January.
Wow, History was sure being made this election year either way the outcome turned out. If Hillary won, she would be known as our first female President and if Donald Trump won he would be known as the first President that did not have any background in politics or the government, well besides his tax return scandal. Although this elec...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Who Would have Thought November 4th, 2016 history was made in the United States of America. The young, middle aged and elderly woke up on the morning of November 4th, and walked out there door to go and vote for the new President of our country. On that morning our society had to swallow our pride and select either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. Many people decided that they were going to vote for the person they hated the least and not the person they agreed with the most. As America watched at home, in a big city, constantly checking 538, anxiously awaiting the results, no one was expecting the outcome.... [tags: United States, President of the United States]
700 words (2 pages)
- Donald Trump is the president-elect of the United States of America, as of this moment – 10:00 on November 9th – Hilary Clinton leads the popular vote by a few points, but Donald Trump is the presumptive winner of the 2016 presidential election. The senate and house are also now made up of Republican majorities; creating a clear path for the Republican party to undo much of the progressive progress of the last couple of decades. Today I feel that many are asking, what happened last night. How did an outspoken racist, suspected rapist, artless misogynist, along with a party of politicians who have been courting these lines of hate for years, achieve an overwhelming majority in a first world n... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
819 words (2.3 pages)
- This election has been a very stressful time for many people. Hillary Clinton is the most prepared to be President of the United States Of America. Hillary Clinton is most prepared to be President because she has plans that will make America great, she is more qualified, and her shortcomings are less than her competitors. Hillary Clinton has many accomplishments. Such as in 2005. When she worked with Senator Lindsey Graham to give military reserves and members of the National Guard access to the military’s Tricare health system when they are not deployed.... [tags: Bill Clinton, President of the United States]
876 words (2.5 pages)
- The President of the United States of America, which was established by the U.S. Constitution in 1787, is the head of state and head of U.S. government. The president is also the Commander in chief of Armed Forces of the United States. The president must be a thirty five year-old and natural-born U.S. citizen who has been a permanent resident in the States at least fourteen years. The President of the United States is indirectly elected by the people through Electoral College every four years. It has become a powerful institution throughout those years since the Constitution was founded.... [tags: power, checks, balance, orders]
1372 words (3.9 pages)
- In this day and age, it is important to choose a leader who knows what it means to be human and understands how citizens want to function under the influence of modern civilization. That is why I, Sigmund Freud, would be the best candidate to be the next president of the United States of America. My opponent Charles Darwin does not understand the importance of the human psyche and the implications it can have on society. He just wants to simply advocate for the reproduction and success of the species.... [tags: Natural selection, Charles Darwin, Religion]
1815 words (5.2 pages)
- Imagine being a newly elected President only in office for eight months. In the past eight months things have been going smoothly for the most part. Hard lessons have been learned but things still seem till be going well. And then one day, while sitting in a room full of school age children, someone interrupts to tell you that your country has just been victim to one of the worst terrorist attacks in history. Information on what exactly is going on at that moment is confusing and cryptic at best, and there is room full of children looking at the President of the United States of America.... [tags: George W. Bush, President of the United States]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- President Barack Obama, the United States of America’s 44th president is on his second term of presidency and has addressed more social and financial issues during his tenure than crime control policies. President Obama came into office in 2009 and continues to serve as President of the United States. As one evaluates the policies that are in place during his administration a conclusion can be made that his primary focus has been that of health care, civil rights, and foreign policy amongst other agendas that don’t necessarily address his crime policy.... [tags: United States, Barack Obama, Police]
902 words (2.6 pages)
- Donald J. Trump, a name that has been on the rise among many Americans, a name that to some has created a sense of hope, and to others a sense of fear. June 16, 2015, Donald Trump declared his candidacy to run in attempts to become the 45th president of the United States of America. The presidential candidate Donald Trump won the presidential election on November 8, 2016. This so called success will indeed go down in history. Throughout his campaign for presidency Trump has done nothing but shown that he is an inconsiderate, sexist, racist candidate.... [tags: President of the United States, United States]
1353 words (3.9 pages)
- Thomas Jefferson was the third president of the United States of America, and the principal author of the Declaration of Independence. He was governor of the state of Virginia between the years of 1779 and 1781. He was a founding father who believed in individual and estates rights. Many people admire him for having been a person who firmly believed in the ideals of democracy, equality and freedom. However, at the same time, he kept slaves, and made other contradictory decisions and this made other people to question his beliefs.... [tags: Thomas Jefferson, United States]
821 words (2.3 pages)
- roctor: Today, we welcome the top three candidates for President of the United States of America. Lao Tzu is a part of the Independent Party and the National Tao Convention. He asserts that he is neither conservative nor liberal, rather falls in between. He believes in the proper balance of power and impotence. Next, the candidate for the extreme right wing will be Odysseus. Odysseus is a firm believer in war, power, and selfishness. He holds his titles dear to his heart and wants the people to vote for him because he is Odysseus, King of Ithaca, Son of Laertes.... [tags: United States, Minimum wage, Odysseus]
1007 words (2.9 pages)
- Analysis Of David Bacon 's ' Mayday For Undocumented Workers '
- The Incarceration Rates Of Black Males Versus White Males
- How Breastfeeding Is The Best Food For Babies, Health, And How It Effects The World
- What Are Some Of The Things We Learned After Reading The Lesson With Tap Into Prior Knowledge And Develop
- Social Hierarchy Of Utopia By Thomas More 's Utopia, An Ideal Society
- Corporate Social And Sustainable Development Through Management Development