Mr. R. Kinnett
Music 1306 S75
04 December 2014
INDIVIDUAL CONCERT REPORT
I went to the Dallas Chamber Symphony concert. I got to experience three lovely composers Ralph Vaughan-Williams, Charles Ives and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. The instruments consisted in the Ralph V Williams’ The Lark Ascending were mainly solo violin, flute like instrument and piano for providing the background to the solo violin. The Charles Ives’ Symphony No. 3 “The Camp Meeting” included instruments such as mainly the violin, flute, strings, trombone and bells, whereas, the Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20 in D Minor consisted of instruments such as flute, trumpets, strings and a solo piano. Movement that was performed in the Ralph’s Lark Ascending was Chloé Trevor. The movement performed in the Charles’s Symphony No. 3 were the Andante, Allegro and Largo, and the movement portrayed in the Mozart’s Piano Concerto No. 20 in D minor were Allegretto, Romanze and Allegro assai. Through out the concert violin was the present in every single piece. Classical, romantic and twentieth century music was the music that was being played. Different form were present throughout the concert ranging from sonata to rondo form.
The two pieces that stuck out during the performance on November 18th were mainly the Ralph’s and the Mozart’s one. The Ralph’s piece consisted mainly of strings in a orchestra fashion, and the Mozart’s piece consisted of the entire orchestra and would usually increase the tension rapidly. The entirety of the Ralph’s piece was around fifteen minutes, whereas the entirety of the Mozart’s piece was around thirty minutes long.
The Ralph’s piece would have been considered an Twentieth century style music because of it b...
... middle of paper ...
...th wood in all directions. The platform was in shape of semi-circle and the entrances and exit for the musicians were built right into the wall without them being noticeable. Moving on, clothing that most people preferred was business casual attire. The musicians were disguised in black on black suit and the lady chose to wear red gown, trying to emphasize the professionalism in them using the instruments to their perfection. The audience behaved very elegantly. After every piece of music the audience would stand and give a huge round of applause, giving the musician a sense of honor. Musicians in response would bow down their head acknowledging the audience 's kindness and appreciation. The audience regarded the music as classy. The concert portrayed the use of different instruments that were prevalent back in the time creating different textures, harmony and rhythm.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The concert I attended was a recital of Mexican baroque choral music. There were 5 main pieces played, each one having its own unique style and function. The recital was held at University of South Carolina School of Music recital hall room 201 on Tuesday, March 22, 2005 at 6:00pm. The group that sang was the graduate vocal ensemble and was conducted by Daniel S. Clark. The group of singers did an excellent job capturing the music and it was very hard to notice any major mistakes. The concert in a whole was a very soothing to me because when I went there I was very hyper and tense, but as the pieces were being played out, I became very relaxed and sleepy.... [tags: essays research papers]
937 words (2.7 pages)
- One of the concerts that I have attended was One Direction’s. One direction was formed by a group of boys from London in 2010. These young men were also known as Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. The band started off from a British talent show on television called the X Factor. During the audition, the boys were eliminated as individuals, but Simon Cowell saw great potential in these young men as a group. He decided to make it happen by giving them another chance to perform together, and indeed they became famous ever since the formation of the English-Irish boy band One Direction.... [tags: Concert Report Essays]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- The Los Angeles Philharmonic Classical Music Concert Report I attended the Los Angeles Philharmonic classical music concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall on Friday 29 November 2013. The classical concert started at 8:00pm to the enjoyment of the huge audience that had been waiting for this amazing music extravaganza. Classical music concerts always offer magnificent entertainment and the audience in this concert was expectant to derive such entertainment or more. In attendance were Christian Zacharias who was the conductor and Martin Chalifour who was the LA Phil commanding Principal Concertmaster and Bach violin player.... [tags: music, concert, audience]
574 words (1.6 pages)
- ... The harmony of this performance was well balance and effective. I think this was a great opening piece to indulge the audience’s attention. The second movement I would like to discuss is the Serenade in E- flat major, op.7 by Richard Strauss (1881). The performance begin with a rich sound from the oboes section over a series of sustained notes played by the horns and the contrabassoon. The rising of the sound create a sense of anticipation as the development approaches the recapitulation. The recapitulation begin with the most evocative moment of the horn section.... [tags: Music, Musical notation, Sonata form]
850 words (2.4 pages)
- ... The concert went on for about four hours until the crowd roared and chanted for an encore, which soon led to his last performance of the night, a remix of Disclosure’s “You & Me”. The most popular song of the night was “Never Be Like You”, featuring Kai. The song starts off slow will a bell-like introduction and then picks up the beat later in the song making it catchy and fun. The song has a very dissonant, unstable melody accompanied by a relatively slow tempo which gave the audience a calm, comfortable vibe.... [tags: Performance, Music, Performing arts, Concert]
1032 words (2.9 pages)
- The Los Angeles County Museum of Art has a website that announces its programs. Anyone can easily find and choose a concert. I chose a concert for Sunday July 25, 2010. This concert was emerging artists from Ipalpiti Festibal 2010. It included the four pieces of music that are described below. One of these was Fantasiestucke, Opus 88, both Romanze and Duet were preformed. This concerto was performed by pianist Luiza Borac, violinist Vladimir Dyo, and cellist Yves Dharamraj. The second piece was Ahnung, a new discovery piece from Kinderszenen.... [tags: Concert]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- For this concert report I chose to go to a performance of student composers held at the Kimball Recital Hall. I chose this one because I wanted to see some of the talent that my peers have in the music realm, and also it was one of the only concerts I have been able to attend because I usually work at night. It was impressive to hear pieces composed by students. I cannot imagine creating something as complex as a musical composition, much less actually performing it, so this aspect of the concert was particularly awe-inspiring.... [tags: Music]
1072 words (3.1 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #1 I chose to do my first concert report on Pearl Jam. The concert took place at Deer Creek the weekend after class started, so it was perfect timing to do this assignment. This was the first time I have seen Pearl, and I thought it was worthy of writing a report on. If one has ever been a fan of Pearl Jam, they of course know that Eddie Vedder is the lead singer, and right beside him with his wicked lead guitar playing, Stone Gossard. The other guys on the strings are, Mike McCready on guitar, and Jeff Ament on bass.... [tags: essays research papers]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- On June seventh at eight o’clock pm I attended a concert at Beneroya Hall. The concert was part of the Masterpiece series, performed by the Seattle Symphony and conducted by Hermann Michael; also including a special performance by the pianist Hélène Grimaud. The performance included four pieces, two by Ludwig Van Beethoven, one by Maurice Ravel, and the last was by Richard Strauss. The two pieces by Beethoven were; Overture to The Construction of The House, and piano Concerto No. 4 in g major, Op.... [tags: essays research papers]
456 words (1.3 pages)
- CONCERT REPORT #2 Beatles Z320 For my second concert report I thought that I would write about my only experience hearing songs of the Beatles live. The Rib America Festival was hosted by The Beatles Live Repertoire. The group dressed exactly like the Beatles, even had the same names, John, Paul, George, and Ringo. I had never heard any Beatles songs live before, so that was enough to get me off my butt. Not to mention, it was free entertainment, not a bad time at all. So the show starts, and I’m not sure what to expect.... [tags: essays research papers]
1085 words (3.1 pages)