A lot of people across America have different hobbies they like to do. Mine is running. But, running you may ask, I just do it for no particular reason. I run because I know that it is good for the body, and I find it fun. Running is a self motivator that does not consist for you to depend on anyone for it. The most that I have trained for an event is a running distance of 3.1 miles or 5 kilometers, which is also known as a 5K. Many runners have different ways to train for a race but mine is just easy to follow but very passionate.
For beginners, the runner who will be running a 5K must be in a good physical shape. If the runner is a little overweight or indeed need a bit of “fat” on their bones, they must consult a doctor to see how much the runner can push their bodies. If it something minor like losing three pounds off your scale then consider avoiding falling into “fat traps” like I like to call them. Ways to get fitter faster is creating a workout because these will eventually make you lose calories and then pounds. I call this phrase of losing weight to get into shape your fat- burning zone.
When a runner has the mindset that they are ready to run a race, they should consider the following. A runner should always stick to a plan because doing too much running can lead you to a risk of injury and then running can become dangerous. Creating a plan will also lead you to schedule a workout to run. A slow build up will allow your body to get used to running a 5K. At first, the mind will create every possible excuse into making you not want to run or not finish the run but just take it easy and you will overcome those thoughts out of your head.
The first couple of days, the runner should concentrate on finding the right pace...
... middle of paper ...
...your hard work has paid off. Remember to reward yourself! So stick around for the event’s award ceremony. This is usually after the race where there are sponsors of the race handing out free stuff and possibly even food! In most races, the volunteers hand out at the end the event’s t-shirt and a participation medal. If you place either first, second or third place in either the race or age categories, you may be won something so it is always good to stick around to see what the race event’s after party has to offer. Usually when everyone has concluded the race, there are always other sponsors promoting other incoming 5K. Once you get comfortable running in 5Ks then you can get sponsored by a charity and run for a cause, or have obstacle courses that make the run more fun. Running alone maybe my thing but always running in a group and motivating each other is great.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the world, there are approximately 75,000,000 horses and 350 breeds of horses that can be found around the world (circlerranch.com). Horses are amazing and beautiful creatures that may be used as show horses or a family pet. Show horses require many hours of daily preparation in order to be competitive in the show ring. I have grown up with horses my whole life. I watched my mother show horses and followed in her footsteps. The most important aspects of show day are the appearance and the way the horse presents itself to the horse judge.... [tags: Animals]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- I sat in my room anxiously as I was mentally preparing myself for tomorrow’s big day. I needed to do mental preparation because for my senior project, I’m going to a slaughterhouse. I chose this as my project because I feel if I can record the things that happen inside those four walls, I can inform people on what an animal’s life consists of, and what they have to endure on a day to day basis. I felt a stream of tears rolling down my face because I could already envision the awful atrocities I was soon going to see.... [tags: Debut albums, 2006 albums, ILOVEYOU, The Hitmen]
2167 words (6.2 pages)
- The process of Preparing for Baseball season Baseball has always been America’s natural past time. Many fans love watching baseball but do not realize how hard it is to prepare for a season. Most fans think the players just show up on the first day. I think this belief is completely false. I feel that preparing for a baseball season requires much preparation. The preparation I use includes working on my swing, working out, and studying other people’s ideas on hitting. These steps are necessary for me to have a successful season.... [tags: Major League Baseball, Baseball, Coach]
906 words (2.6 pages)
- This essay is a critical analysis that will explain the historical representation of two films that represent the World War Two Normandy Landings. The Normandy Landings took place on June 6, 1944 in France. The Normandy Landings also referred as D- Day, was an invasion by Allied forces on Normandy Beach by crossing by sea and air from English channel to Normandy Beach, which was captured by Nazi forces. The D-Day invasion is the largest war invasion by way of sea and air that included forces from twelve Allied countries.... [tags: The Normandy Landings, D-Day, Allies, film]
1831 words (5.2 pages)
- Chapter One: Introduction Statement of Problem Choral teachers preparing for instruction have great ideas and plans to implement into their classrooms and ensembles; especially choral teachers who have taught for fewer than five years. New teachers have a wish list of songs they have always wanted to perform with a group of students and ideas they feel will improve the classroom dynamic. However, requirements may restrict what selections the choral teacher is able to choose when planning for concerts.... [tags: United States, World War II, Cold War]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- Everyone has attended or will attend a job interview in there life time, which is considered to be a very stressful process for most. However, by being prepared for an interview it can calm nervous and help a person land the job of their dreams. The overall goal of an interview is to convince the recruiter that you’re the best person for the job. In order to this, the interviewee must sell his or her skills, knowledge, and experience in a professional manner to the employer. The company will also be looking for people that are motivated and bring a positive personality to the organization.... [tags: Interview, Semi-structured interview]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Preparing the Youth of Tomorrow Through Blended Learning Technology has become an intricate part of day to day life, through computers, smartphones, tablets, and televisions. The world is becoming more and more tech-infused everyday but in education this is not the case. The path to allowing technology in a K-12 classroom has been plagued by state and district rules and regulations that ban the use of any of these tools outside of computer labs, out of a misconception that they are only means for cheating and distractions.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology]
1627 words (4.6 pages)
- The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN (PDF)) allocates the specific amount of questions that the nurse must answer in each category on the nursing exams. The NCSBN-PN and NCSBN-RN exams (PDF) vary in subtle ways. The most notable differences include categorical questions, such as client care responsibility, blood administration and central line care. Registered Nurses have furthered their training to dictate responsibilities concerning coordination and management, initiating IVs and medication, blood transfusions, and central line care, while an LPN has limited freedom to perform those duties.... [tags: Health Care System, Testing]
947 words (2.7 pages)
- ... So as helpful as OSAP is for Ontario residence, not everyone is lucky enough to get funding by them. OSAP takes into consideration of how much your parents make for the year plus what you make if you work. Some people are unable to get OSAP because their parents make too much money, but exactly how is this fair. If your parents are making you pay for your own schooling because them paying for it really does not teach you anything about the value of your future than how can OSAP base their decision on your parents income.... [tags: diploma, school, debt]
1498 words (4.3 pages)
- Being in college is nerve racking enough for some, and preparing for their first test can be even more terrifying. For some school comes easy and natural, and can get by with minimal studying. Others have to start studying days in advance for tests. Then there are some who start studying the night or two nights before and are okay with that. Nevertheless, not matter what type of student one may be there are some full proof methods to improving your study habits. To help better prepare you for your first college exam, it starts with taking quality notes, having time management skills, setting a good place to study, studying from multiple sources, and trusting oneself on the exam day.... [tags: Process Essay]
1040 words (3 pages)