This research paper will be discussing the preferences of banks in hiring accounting technicians based on characteristics and qualification in the said position. This research paper will also be tackling about what does accounting technicians mean and how to be one of them. At the same time, the researchers will tackle the job description of an accounting technician.
What are Accounting Technicians? Like professional accountants, accounting technicians are also qualified to work at all degrees of finance. Accounting technicians are extensively employed throughout the public sector, industry, commerce and in private accountancy practices.
According to Natalie Shaw “Certified accounting technicians are responsible for a variety of administrative task to try to improve the efficiency and profitability of a company. They are usually in the accounting or finance department of charities, banks, building societies or insurance companies.” (Shaw, N., 2006). An effective accounting technician must be accurate to their work and must be proficient in compiling and analyzin...
... middle of paper ...
• Shaw, N (2011, October 2) Certified Accounting Technicians Job Description http://www.ask.com/explore/certified-accounting-technician-job-description
• South African Institute of Professional Accountants http://www.saipa.co.za/page/491/accounting-technicians
• TARGETjobs. Accounting Technician: job description http://targetjobs.co.uk/careers-advice/job-descriptions/276923-accounting-technician-job-description#employers
• The Global body for Professional Accountants. Certified Accounting Technician Graduates http://www.accaglobal.com/gb/en/student/foundation-lvl-qual-student-journey/qualification-resources/foundation-lvl-qual/cat-qualification/cat-graduates.html
• Wikipedia. Association of Accounting Technicians http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_Accounting_Technicians
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Accounting technicians are now creating their names in the accounting firm. They are accounting professionals that can work in all types of organizations and widely employed throughout the public sector, industry and commerce and in private accountancy practices. They are the ones who assist professional accountants in collecting, checking and analyzing financial reports. They can work independently or as a part of a team. As an accounting technician you must work accurately and methodically with figures.... [tags: public sector, finance, accounting firm]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Do you know that employers are overly concerned with the employees they hire nowadays, unlike in the recent past. Now you do. Essentially, the process of hiring an employee can have a great impact on the future of a company, and hence there are several key concerns employers raise during interviews. In fact, according to a recent research, it has emerged that finding and keeping the right employee has become one of the trendiest issues with employers nowadays. This can be attributed to the fact that HR professionals believe that only the top talent is quite indispensable to the company’s success especially during the modern day harsh economic times.... [tags: job interviews, hiring process, human resources]
694 words (2 pages)
- There are many reasons why an individual may have to hire a North Carolina private investigator. There are a vast majority of investigators that have previously been police officers or some that served in the military. They wanted to continue working in this type of field so they chose to become investigators. Most states require an investigator be licensed. When it comes to doing an investigation it is a lot of hard detailed work and most individuals would not be able to begin doing the detailed search involved in finding out the information needed.... [tags: North Carolina, Private Investigator, hiring,]
507 words (1.4 pages)
- In “The Justification of Reverse Discrimination in Hiring,” Tom Beauchamp displays statistics of underrepresented races and genders in institutions. The inequality is due to the underlying persistent racism originating decades ago. It has been pervasively executed despite federal laws for equality. The expectation for a level-playing field is not a reality, as statistically show with underrepresented African Americans (1. Beauchamp, CC2011, p 0228). Beauchamp points out that at first sight, reverse discrimination appears immoral, because it crafts a prejudice for one race over another.... [tags: Literary Analysis, Tom Beauchamp]
1594 words (4.6 pages)
- ... Make sure to check with your ghostwriter about their preferences with credit as some ghostwriters may want credit for certain kinds of content. Quick Blog Posts Another common road block for bloggers is the slow pace in which they work. Distractions, difficulty typing, slow typing and more can all hinder writing time when trying to create new content for your blog. Ghostwriters have plenty of experience in creating professionally written content very quickly. This is especially useful if you have deadlines or a set updating schedule.... [tags: blog, investment, grammar]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Psychoanalysis of The Sweet Hereafter by Russell Banks “The Sweet Hereafter” portrays the grief stricken citizens of a remote Canadian town traumatized by a terrible accident, and the impact of an ambulance-chasing lawyer who is attempting to deal with the grief in his own life. The film also depicts the grieving subjects susceptibility to convert grief and guilt into both blame and monetary gain and the transformation this small community faces after such a devastating event. The motives of Mitchell Stephens, the lawyer trying to file a class-action lawsuit, and of the townspeople are questionable throughout the film.... [tags: The Sweet Hereafter Russell Banks Essays]
1132 words (3.2 pages)
- There are two things in common with all the x-rays taken. They all have a story and all the stories are shared with the man or women taking the x-ray. Almost everyone will have at least one x-ray in their life. Most x-ray technicians can make an impact on their patients life, no matter if it is a good or bad impact. While the patient is sitting there in minor or crucial pain, the x-ray technician has to distract them from the pain while they move them to take the x-rays. Most people do not understand just how important x-ray technicians are.... [tags: health career, radio technician]
1160 words (3.3 pages)
- Hiring Minorities In recent years preferential hiring has become an issue of great interest. Preferential hiring, which was devised to create harmony between the different races and sexes, has divided the lines even more. Supporters on both sides seem fixed in their positions and often refuse to listen to the other group's platform. In this essay, the recipients of preferential hiring will be either black or female, and the position in question will be a professorship on the university level.... [tags: essays research papers]
2085 words (6 pages)
- Pharmacy Technicians Despite popular belief, pharmacy technicians are more than laborers; they are specially trained individuals. Imagine a family member is admitted to the University of South Alabama Hospital with an acute case of pneumonia, which will require oral and intravenous medications. These medications must be precisely prepared and properly delivered. The common perception is that pharmacists prepare medications and technicians simply deliver them. This view of their job is both accurate and inaccurate.... [tags: Pharmacist Pharmacy Essays Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)
- Preferences of Gender Some might argue that there is a difference in the parenting of a boy compared to that of a girl. However true this may be, one must recognize and disregard the sexist implications that have been portrayed for generations. Girls are often said to be easily content and depicted as “brave and tough”. One might be surprised to find that a little girl could be just as interested in playing with a football as she would a Barbie doll if given the opportunity. This simply demonstrates the nonsexist choice of a toy that the girl has made.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
786 words (2.2 pages)