In a successful relationship there needs to be communication, love and commitment. Without one of these factors, the relationship is bound to collapse because it will keep the couple from growing closer together. The same goes with the relationships Christians have with God. A believer can profess their love to God and commit themselves to living a life according to God’s will, but if they don’t communicate with God than their faith in Him is going to quickly deteriorate. That’s where prayer comes in! With prayer, we are able to grow closer and more intimately connected with God. Not only should we pray to develop our relationship with God, but we’re also commanded to do so by Jesus Christ. In Matthew 7:7-8, Jesus says “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who ask receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.” (English Standard Ve...
... middle of paper ...
...g, the endless answers to our prayers become riveting. Not only does prayer allow us to ask God for help with things according to His will, but it also provides a way for us to communicate with God. There is something that Joyce Meyers says that I fully agree with and that’s “Prayer is powerful, even when you feel you must keep praying for longer than you would like and when you think an answer is too long in coming. Do not be tempted to doubt the power of prayer!” (Chapter 4. Meyers) Prayer, a gift so glorious from the one who is worthy of our worship, can only be successful if we use it according to His will. Be the one who makes a difference in someone’s life, not just by lending a hand, but through a request….or maybe a prayer. Who knows? Maybe you are someone’s answered prayer and God just wants you to ask and receive this knowledge, just as we are called to do.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Effectual and Availing Prayers Prayer is one of the most wonderful privileges afforded the Christian, for it is the Christian’s means of a direct connection with God. When the electric power fails, we are almost helpless. Some have spent thousands of dollars just to insure against power failures in their homes and places of business; yet, electrical power does not compare to the Spiritual power that is ours simply for the asking. God hears and answers prayers; therefore, we have “an ever present help in time of trouble.” James taught that we could have blessings from God that we do not have because we do not ask.... [tags: Lord's Prayer, Jesus, New Testament, Prayer]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Why do we need to be men and women of prayer. What does God’s word say about prayer. And how do we become prayer warriors even in the darkest of circumstances. These are all questions that many Christians ask themselves; questions I have asked myself many times. Striving to be all that God has called us to be in word, in deed and in prayer, is a journey that each of us must take, but no one path is the same. Rather than walking this road alone, it is good to seek out those who would take this journey of prayer with us.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Religion, Holy Spirit]
1058 words (3 pages)
- D. A. Carson’s Praying with Paul: a Call to Reformation is a fantastic read. Each chapter in this book addresses a different theological aspect of prayer through a prayer of Paul’s found in the New Testament. Some of the topics primarily reveal an aspect of God’s nature and the response desired of us. Others focus on practical implications for our prayer lives. The first chapter falls under the second category. Before turning to the ultimate authority on prayer, the Bible, Carson dedicates a chapter to the wisdom that has been given to him on the subject by other believers.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Meditation]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- Some theists always pray and believe it works. The argument of petitionary prayer tries to prove the point that it is pointless to pray, because it will not influence God’s decision anyway. Given that God is going to do the best he can, God would not change his choice if someone prays, because he is doing his best choice and. God would not change his choice if someone doesn’t pray, which is obvious to see. The behavior of petitionary pray seems to be pointless in this way. Personally, I think this argument against petitionary prayer appears more convincing to me, so this paper would mainly about some responses to the objections to the petitionary prayer arguments.... [tags: Prayer, God, 2007 singles, Religion]
1482 words (4.2 pages)
- Murray states, “We must begin to believe that God, in the mystery of prayer, has entrusted us with a force that can move the Heavenly world, and can bring its power down to earth”. The importance of prayer in the Christian faith is doubtless, this does not ensure the clarity with which it can be explained. Nevertheless, prayer can be expressed as both a highly unique individual experience, and a collective community expression; prayer is central to the Spirituality & Discipleship module. Prayer does not merely resonate within the module, but is a theme that runs through the centre of each tradition.... [tags: Spirituality, Prayer, Religion, Shema Yisrael]
1728 words (4.9 pages)
- May 5 was National Day of Prayer, an annual occurrence since 1952 that invites people of all faith to pray for the nation. On this day in 2016, more than 10,000 people gathered in Minneapolis, MN for UNITE: a night of prayer, worship and community. My heart was overwhelmed (in the best way possible) as we lifted up our nation and generation to the King of Kings. The event took place at the University of Minnesota 's campus at Mariucci Arena. It was incredibly humbling to be surrounded by people of all ages, but especially thousands of college-aged young adults, who dedicated their entire night to prayer and praise.... [tags: Prayer, God, Deity, Atheism]
789 words (2.3 pages)
- Prayer mattered to Daniel. We’re going to take a look at some reasons why this morning and allow Daniel to show us why prayer was such an important part of his life. I’m guessing that if I were to ask folks here this morning if prayer mattered to you I would find it hard to believe that someone would say it doesn’t. No one wants to be the guy who admits in church that prayer isn’t important. But I would like to ask you to think for a moment how important prayer is to you really. If the government made prayer illegal or even worse made it a law that you could only pray to the government would you break that law.... [tags: Prayer, God, Lord's Prayer, God the Father]
2169 words (6.2 pages)
- We need to look at prayer with deeper thoughts. Prayer isn’t just closing your eyes, folding your hands and speaking. Prayer is a much more meaningful part of religion. We all need to pray, God himself demands us to pray. Prayer is defined as an act of God, a god or another object of worship, such as in devotion, confession, praise, or thanksgiving. When most people pray, they just say the same prayer, like the Lord’s prayer for example. Saying the same prayer isn’t really such a bad thing, its more about the meaning and the time that you spend praying.... [tags: Prayer Praying Religion]
746 words (2.1 pages)
- I went into the intentional prayer assignment with a bit of skepticism as to whether or not I would actually pray every day about a specific person, situation, topic, etc.. I’ve always struggled somewhat in my prayer life, however I knew this would be a great opportunity to pray for someone that I really love and have a deep connection to. My grandfather has always been a huge influence in my life and he’s one of the most hardworking, and honest men that I’ve ever met. Nearly eight years ago he received his diagnosis for Alzheimer’s and since then things have steadily gotten worse and worse and there seems to be little to no hope.... [tags: Spirituality, Prayer, Religion, Time]
1033 words (3 pages)
- child. I would return to Nicaragua the following year to participate in a crusade. Our mission called for prayer warriors. We prayer walked around the coliseum, anointed each seat with oil, and prayed continuously for our pastor and those in attendance. It was an active prayer vigil that began as soon as our feet hit the floor each morning. I felt like I was experiencing an excerpt from Joshua and the Battle of Jericho. Prayer walking is easily defined in the simplistic of terms, but the meaning is deeper than praying while you walk.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Meditation, Honduras]
1277 words (3.6 pages)