When the savior shows up He comes with all power and Authority in His hands. He can deliver us from any and every storm and we can lay hold of the almighty power of God 's presence by simply calling on Him. Psalm 50:15 says, “then call on me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” The power of the savior reminds us that He is in control and desires to rescue us, and this expresses His Power because He wants us to know that we can trust him, because his reputation precedes Him. The meaning of savior can consistently take on different meanings. Bible dictionary defines Savior as one who saves from any form or degree of evil. In its highest sense, the word indicates the relationship sustained by our Lord to his redeemed ones, He is their Savior. It has also been called the great message of the gospel. By this meaning, it is the "gospel of salvation," by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ securing the sinner to a personal interest in the work of redemption.
However, in the case of the disciples when they called out SAVIOR, they were using it in a very practical way. In this sense, another definition of the word Savior is deliverer, He who saves, one who perfects that which He is saving. In this case the disciples needed the power of the Savior to deliver them from the storm. When the disciples woke Jesus up to alert Him of the storm the savior did not panic because He was in control, He always is. The Savior who can control the storm was by their side and He is right by our side. He is the one who can bring us through. When Jesus stilled the storm, the disciples knew that they were experiencing the power of God. God has the ability and the ...
... middle of paper ...
...umbled and in need of a savior, because nothing illustrates faith in the Lord more than being willing to accept His will, even when things with the natural eyes look contrary. In those times remember: number one, storms reveal your weaknesses, and where you are weak God is strong; number two, storms reveal the savior and the Savior’s presence brings all authority and power; number three, storms reveal your testimony. Sometimes, it’s hard to see the beauty and the blessing of the storm. Sometimes it is difficult to trust that God will turn all things around for your good. I don 't know the nature of the storm you are facing, but I know the One who stills and quiets the storms. I know that if you will bring your need to Him, He will hear you and He will help you just as I know He has many times before and give you the ability to see your storm as Showers of Blessings.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- An Atomic Revolution: The Savior of the Modern Day Energy Crisis The date was March 11th, 2011, a hair-raising, spine-chilling day in Japan’s history. An earth-shattering 9.0 magnitude earthquake struck off the coast of Japan’s shore, sending a harrowing tsunami towards the eastern coastline of Japan, with the Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear power plant directly in its path. The destruction of reactors one, two, and three is highly regarded as one of the largest disasters in human history. After this catastrophe, anti-nuclear activists have been raving about federally prohibiting all nuclear plants to continue production, but many more still welcome the benefits of the highly efficient source of... [tags: Nuclear power, Energy development, Fossil fuel]
1143 words (3.3 pages)
- ... Today it stands as a picturesque silhouette, bright multicolored decorations and forms of their Old Russian is a sharp and unexpected contrast surrounding classic architecture. The Tabernacle Church rises to a height of 265 feet tall. It accommodates 1,600 people. This temple is the representation of the pre-Petrine church architecture of Moscow Russia on the Neva River. Church of the Resurrection is in the purely Russian style" built under the project Parland Alfred, who used many compositional techniques and forms of churches in Moscow and Yaroslavl XVII century.... [tags: russian mosaic art, t sar-liberator]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Another savior in history who has helped his people while being dutiful to himself is Hamlet. Through the many characters, plots, themes, and symbols, Hamlet, by William Shakespeare, incorporates many Christian references into the play. Hamlet’s constant struggle in reaching peace within himself, and avenging his father’s death, takes the audience on a journey that touches upon the subject of religion and power. The questioning of how the death of old King Hamlet came to be, the story is often similar to the events and values present in the times of the Son of God, Jesus Christ.... [tags: battle, protector, ]
1361 words (3.9 pages)
- Citizen Journalism has been hailed as the savior of online news, bringing stories to the attention of the public sphere, that other wise wouldn’t, and being free of all the bias and influence that hinders mainstream news, although some scholars have argued that isn’t the full story and citizen journalism is playing a similar role to the mainstream in discouraging a healthy public sphere (Bruns, 2011). Citizen journalism has been growing more and more popular as social networking and the Intent become more prevalent in everyday life, and has most certainly aided in promoting a better public sphere through online news, as opposed to if online news was, solely controlled by the mainstream media... [tags: Mass media, Blog, Citizen journalism, Journalism]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- ... One would be known as the Albigensian crusade and the other, as the Fourth Crusade. The plan for the Fourth Crusade was to attack Jerusalem through Egypt, but things changed dramatically and the crusade led to the Greek empire of Constantinople where they attacked and sacked the city, their was not enough money to carry on the crusade to Jerusalem, so they sold their services to the Venetians. This crusade went very wrong and was not in the plans for Pope Innocent III, Zara was sacked and Constantinople as well despite Pope Innocent forbidding these change in events.... [tags: influential & powerful popes of Middle Ages]
860 words (2.5 pages)
- Music has the power to affect people in great ways. It can heal broken hearts, provide and escape from reality, and speak where words cannot. Both The Metamorphosis and “Sonny’s Blues” uses music to help the main character in life. In these pieces of work, music connects both Gregor and Sonny back to humanity and open windows that were previously closed. Gregor, the main character of The Metamorphosis, not only woke up realizing that he wasn’t human, but also connected back to humanity through the sound of music.... [tags: music, help, humanity, power, souls]
516 words (1.5 pages)
- • Many people accept Christ as their Savior and do not realize this is only the beginning of their relationships with Him. • Some believe they can stay where they feel safe and comfortable, and merely talk about trusting God. • However, the Father desires more than that for each of us. • His plan is that we mature in our knowledge and understanding of His ways— living vibrant lives in obedience to Him. • He wants us to strengthen our faith, which is the confident conviction that He will do all He has promised.... [tags: faith, God's word, worship]
544 words (1.6 pages)
- ... He also provides Harry with information essential to overcome obstacles later on in his adventure. Another element of the hero’s journey is seen when Harry enters the wizarding world at Diagon’s Alley and King’s Cross Train Station, thus crossing the first threshold. Diagon’s alley is located behind a supernatural brick wall buried deep within the city of London. This street provides all the necessities witches and wizards need in their everyday life, including all of Harry’s school supplies.... [tags: savior, departs, magic, humility]
882 words (2.5 pages)
- Jesus Christ, the figure who changed history more than any other, did many miracles to show others that he was God's son. God gave Jesus power over nature, power over disease, and even power over death. As a young Christian, my knowledge was a little understudied, to say the least. Now, as this module comes to a close, I realize that I have learned so much. While writing this summary paper, I intend to discuss my understanding of the historical Jesus, Jesus as the Messiah, and Jesus as the Personal Savior.... [tags: Biography]
1908 words (5.5 pages)
- Anti-Conquest: Civilization’s would-be Savior Starting with the publication of Sir Isaac Newton’s Principia Mathematica, Europe thought of itself as a supremely rational people who could ultimately conquer the world around them with nothing more than the vaulting powers of their own reason. Indeed, this attitude would dominate European thought for centuries. Working under this ethos, Europe built up a massive colonial empire and realized the dream that was global hegemony. In many tangible ways, the road to this massive global empire was paved by European science in the form of the naturalist movement of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.... [tags: Europe European History Essays]
3180 words (9.1 pages)
- America Is A Place That Contains The Good And Bad
- Personal Values That Motivate Me
- I Am A Daughter Of An Alcoholic
- Bullying As A Malicious And Huge Problem For Children And Young Adults
- The Power Of An Illusion : The House We Live
- Diversity Is Fitting The Child With Special Needs Into Existing Class Structures