Steven Soderbergh said after looking up into social issues, “There are three major social issues that this country is struggling with are education, poverty and drugs. Two of them we talk about, and one of them we don’t”. Poverty is a very dangerous factor that can destabilize an entire country. The character Rorschach from Watchmen who was also known as Walter Kovacs was raised in poverty. Poverty is a major foundation of social issues and threatens to divide the nation because of inequalities, in certain income inequality which happens when wealth in a country is poorly distributed among its citizens.
Some say related to poverty are the moral issues affecting the families, children born outside of marriage, the increasing rate of cohabitation and overall disintegration of families. The effect of poverty on family life be one of the major issues upcoming these days. People who suffer poverty know well that how it leads to broken or worst life. Poverty is generally caused due to low income, in a personal opinion a man said, “Raising family is hard work, sometimes salaries aren’t enough not lasting to the end of the month. People are afraid of losing their jobs or of not being able to pay rent. Social polies don’t help. Similarly, Rorschach was the victim of poverty. He was a son of prostitute and an unknown father, the young Walter Kovacs was raised in poverty. He was always physically and emotionally abused by his mother and her mates. When he was removed from her care, he was bullied by two young fellows. Kovacs was born outside of marriage which today is also known as a social issue. This leads to break down the combination of families. When Rorschach injured the bullies, he was sent to ...
... middle of paper ...
...osed the government to get the right. When these things achieved, gradually poverty will be eradicated because employment issue will get fulfilled, children will get educated and income will be used in welfare of individual families as well as country. Bill Gates quoted, “If you are born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it’s your mistake”. This quote clearly states that one has to take some actions to remove poverty.
To summarize, Poverty is often concealed in splendidness and often in extravagance, it is the task of many people to hide their neediness from other. Consequently, they support themselves by temporary means, and every day is lost in planning for tomorrow. The best anti-poverty program is world-class education. Thus, Poverty is the major social issue which is the worst form death and violence, can be overcome only with an act of justice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The American society faces a countless number of social problems that began several generations ago and that will continue for many more generations to come, but childhood poverty is a social problem that the American society cannot afford to go another generation without greatly reducing the number of children that experience a life in poverty. The United States is home to “More than 16 million children – 22% of all children – live in families with incomes below the federal poverty level - $23,550 a year for a family of four” (National Center for Children in Poverty, 2014).... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States]
1894 words (5.4 pages)
- Poverty is a communal social issue that has troubled nations for thousands of years. While nations like the United States of America have worked vigorously to eliminate it nationally, it still exists widely worldwide. Poverty has been a constant battle throughout history. No matter what the average income, unemployment or overall prosperity level, there may always be people who are homeless and famished. In spite of being one of the most prosperous countries in the world, the United States is not exempt to it either.... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States]
1867 words (5.3 pages)
- Since poverty has been a major social problem throughout the history, there are lots of researches talk about it. Therefore, the more I research and read, the more I feel like my paper is still poor and needs more information to be added. I also, want to do more research to understand about poverty; what causes poverty. Why do many countries around the world still cannot it get rid of it or cannot do anything about it even though they know that poverty may cause other problems, especially the United States since it is one of the wealthiest country in the world.... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States]
1943 words (5.6 pages)
- Josh Hoppel SOCY 100 9/25/14 The Problem of Poverty Today’s world is faced with numerous social problems that pose enormous threats to humanity. Many of these problems threaten our very survival. Poverty is an issue that plagues all societies in every part of the world. Not even the most privileged countries can seemingly avoid it. It has a huge presence in the United States which is one of the wealthiest nations in the world. Poverty is such an important issue to address, not only for those suffering directly from it, but because high levels of poverty decrease GDP, damaging the economy, thus creating an endless, viscious cycle.... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States]
1452 words (4.1 pages)
- Introduction According to Gandhi, “There’s enough on this planet for everyone’s needs, but not for everyone’s greed” (Sachs, 2011). Which illustrates to everyone have enough resources for everything but some people’s desire to cause poverty in the world. The business proposal focussed on poverty, especially child poverty in New Zealand. The social problem would be children’s educations are affected by poverty. The report and proposal will have focused on introducing child poverty in New Zealand, how capitalism caused child poverty, business concept to solve child poverty in South Auckland and selecting three aspects of PESTLE analysis to identify issues that may arise and impact when settin... [tags: Poverty, Poverty in the United States, Marketing]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Social issues are problems in the society today that are described as wrong, widespread and changeable. A category of conditions that people believe need to be changed. Poverty is a serious social issue in the society today. According to Peilin (2012), poverty brings hardships to families and individuals as well as political thereby negatively affecting the social stability and social development and posing a severe threat to human security (p. 243). This paper focuses on poverty as a social issue in today’s society.... [tags: Problem, Reality]
990 words (2.8 pages)
- The constraints of poverty can cause a cycle of poor mental and physical heath (Dittmann, 2003). Poverty causes many problems for the people facing it up front everyday. Not only do they go without many necessities, they also face a tremendous amount of stress all the time. The amount of stress combined with the lack of necessities produces extreme health problems. Poor people have to deal with an unhealthy living environment that creates serious mental and physical health problems. Economic status definitely effects health in many ways.... [tags: Essays on Poverty]
903 words (2.6 pages)
- a. Poverty is a situation in the UK which ultimately can not be avoided, there are many causes of poverty such as debt, physical and mental health issues, low pay, unemployment and poor education. ==================================================================== Personal debt is a growing problem, which is causing poverty to become an increasingly common problem across the UK as a whole. As debt builds up and interest increases the amount due becomes harder and harder to pay off, until eventually the government may take this into their own hands ad begin to reposes goods in order to pay of the debt.... [tags: Global Poverty Essays]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Solutions to Poverty Poverty is a major problem in the United States today. Social, economical, political, and cultural factors all contribute to poverty. Education and economic development are two major issues that will help prevent poverty. The United States Census Bureau defines poverty as an "economic condition in which people lack sufficient income to obtain basic needs for food, housing, clothing, health services and education." In other words, poverty is powerlessness, a lack of representation and freedom.... [tags: Breaking the Cycle of Poverty]
1333 words (3.8 pages)
- Poverty, violence, crime and racism are major social problems. If we look at the definition of what a social problem is, according to James M. Henslin,"A social problem isan aspect of society that people are concerned about and would like changed. Social problems begin with an objective condition, some aspect of society that can be measured or experienced...The second key element of a social problem is subjective concern, the concern that a significant number of people (or a number of significant people) have about the condition"(Social Problems,2003,p.3).... [tags: Definition of a Social Problem]
648 words (1.9 pages)