One potential problem that I have encounter in my career is having a seniority list. Since, my main focus and current goals is advancement within the company. It will be very challenging to accomplish. Being a part of a union in tells seniority and since people with a higher seniority comes first, I see it taking me longer than I planned to accomplish my career goals. It is very frustrating to know no matter how hard I work and how much care I put into my work advancement may not happen. Because of this seniority list I am always hoping that someone with higher seniority then me will quit or move on to another position within the company. Therefore, will allow me to move up on the seniority list.
The seniority list is an issue that I believe is argumentative because others may feel that having a seniority list gives everyone an equal chance to advance in their careers. Consequently, the seniority list is not based on educational degrees or experience. The effects of the seniority list allow people to know that they have first pick of upcoming career moves, or that they are first in line to get an advancement. Therefore, people with higher seniority know that no one hired after them will advance before them or take a job that they want because of the credentials they may hold. This is a very positive aspect of the seniority list and worth taking advantage of it.
I was taught that it is good to go to college and get a degree because it will help you advance. Having knowledge and proof of the career field will help aid with advancement within the company. The company that I’m currently working for this is not the case. No matter if you have a degree or not you have the opportunity to advance. I think that havi...
... middle of paper ...
...to not let my thoughts trick me up to fail.
My audience is online learners and potential online learners. There are a lot of people out there right now that have to constantly motivated themselves to continue online learning This is my audience because this topic is very important to keep you on toes. No matter the reason which can deter you from continuing your education. Always remember to motived yourselves and always remember why you are going to college. As time pass these things may be out of focus so, I encourage my audience to write down your motivations and keep it close. Anywhere would be suffice, a wall, a desk, or a mirror just for an example. For potential online students this topic is also important because it lets you know that you may try to discourage yourself from completing your degree but keeping yourself motivated will be your key to success.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Figure V. is courtesy of Department of Environmental Management, State of Rhode Island: List of all types of Hazards Emergency Response Personnel may respond to. It is important to recognize the need to respond, especially when a national incident affects the entire country. Federal, state and local response personnel are not the only assets that may be required in the aftermath of a strike on the homeland (“Preparing Responders to Respond,” 2003). There are also private response individuals and companies who may be stakeholders within the affected areas.... [tags: Emergency management, Emergency service]
4850 words (13.9 pages)
- The future is unknown but knowing what you want to try and accomplish and having dreams is a pivotal point in which I must decide on what I want to do upon retirement form the military. Having skills of a Soldier and those of a maintenance technician are skills and attributes that collate with the civilian sector. In this paper, I look to find what it is that I want to accomplish after retirement and my skill set that I bring to the civilian sector. My career plan will be to set realistic goals set around where I want to live and the job opportunities that are present in my area.... [tags: Management, Logistics, Leadership]
991 words (2.8 pages)
- Becoming a computer programmer would be great because there are many options in this career by having the ability to produce an operating system, or a game for the world. Computer programmers have many opportunities in life to find a job they would love. Programmers can work independently, or in a big company. Programmers have and are creating the future for computers. Computer programmers have a wide range on what they can do. Computer programmers write the detailed list of instructions the computer will follow in the software (Great Sample Resume).... [tags: technology, computer software]
1078 words (3.1 pages)
- Being an athletic director seems like an amazing job because of the interaction with people and being around athletics. A lot of kids are involved in at least one sport, if not more, during their life time. Being an athletic director would give the opportunities for the kids to enjoy the sport or sports they are in by having an organized program and making it a good experience for them. An athletic director’s job is very important, they make sure every thing is in tact and organized. They make the schedules and let everyone know what is going on.... [tags: Sports, coach, rules]
1155 words (3.3 pages)
- Career Research Paper I have always been interested in many careers located in the healthcare field, first I wanted to go into being just an osteopathic doctor. With being in the health field though you can’t generally just be a doctor, you have to specialize in some general area whether it is pediatrics or something more specific like rare diseases. Whenever, I first started looking at going into the health field I wanted to be an anesthesiologist. However, it has only been within the last year that I began to focus on the area of genetics.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Medical school, Surgery]
1109 words (3.2 pages)
- Pharmacy as a career was not always clear to me; my sophomore year of undergraduate studies I knew the route I was on to law school would not fulfill me nor my academic ability as a student. At this crossroads I knew I not only wanted to be challenged in my education, but also utilize my passion to help others. After countless pro/con list and hours of self-reflection I found that pharmacy, as a career, was the perfect fit. As I reflect back on my undergraduate career, I see a variety of experiences and accomplishments that make me a well-rounded applicant and have set in me the right path to have a successful career in pharmacy.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, High school, Patient]
725 words (2.1 pages)
- Teachers arguably have one of the most important and influential job anyone can have. In their hands is the ability to shape the future. Mark Van Doren, an American poet and writer, once said that “the art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.” Teachers bestow upon youth the proper learning devices and tools they will continue to use throughout the entirety of their lives. Why is it then quotes such as “those who can, do; those who can’t, teach” come about. Though teachers are not held on the same pedestal as brain surgeons and rockets scientists, they are still deserving of appreciation for the many challenges that arise with their career.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, Texas]
1666 words (4.8 pages)
- Ideal Career Overview My ideal career would allow me to do something that interests me. I enjoy working with words and with numbers. I've also had success in the areas of technology and customer service. I'm looking for a stable workplace environment. I would prefer to work for an established company – one with developed rules and procedures. I like having coworkers, someone with whom to brainstorm and to discuss successes and failures. In a team, I want someone else to be the bold innovator, the explorer, the creative force.... [tags: personal narrative]
620 words (1.8 pages)
- My Dream Career In today’s society, there are many different dream jobs to choose from, be it a job in nursing, the Military, Education, legal, or maybe even engineering. The list can go on and on as long as I am determined on finding the right job that fits me. I would have to weigh out the good and the bad of each one I considered. Every different one that I thought would be a good fit for me had some good points to them as well as some bad ones. At the end of the day, I have decided to go with a career in nursing.... [tags: Nursing, Health, Healthcare occupations, Therapy]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Abstract: Title: Choosing a Career as a Project Manager. This research will summarize what a Project Manager is, and the steps explained, to complete a project, if the career that is chosen is to be a successful Project Manager. The research touches on the many qualities, and skills a person needs to learn, and possess to become a Project Manager. This report will not cover the total execution of the project. Putting together a project from start to finish is an enormous amount of work and there are steps to follow to make sure nothing is left unnoticed.... [tags: Jobs Careers]
1837 words (5.2 pages)