These sites need to be used with precaution of keeping personal information from causing conflict with the people who may see it. Personal opinion is a big way to get into trouble, sure Sally might have a big head, but everyone else has their own opinion on her head size and she does not want to have how big her head is posted to one of these sites. Political opinion also can cause controversy here and if one intend on posting their personal opinion they should word it carefully. Posting something such as, “Gay marriage is a stupid thing to fight over, just give them what they want, if it’s nasty or not,” is a very dangerous thing to post and most likely will cause reputation to go down and notifications of comments to go up. Posting this in a different way can show your opinion without causing as much controversy. Posting personal opinions is dangerous and should be done with meticulous precaution.
A future employer looks at who they think would be the best fit in t...
... middle of paper ...
...ions a few years ago was the case of Amanda Todd, a teen in Canada who had sent a picture of her breasts to her boyfriend that she eventually broke up with. Somehow this picture ended up on Facebook and she was made fun of on the site and at her school eventually leading her to kill herself. This shows the impact of posting personal things such as one picture sent can lead to cyberbullying and the death of someone who only made a bad decision.
Posting personal information on social media websites can be dangerous. Something as small as posting a personal opinion can cause a conflict between peers. A picture can cause loss of future employment opportunities or cyberbullying. Sexual predators have an ease of access if social media profiles are not protected. Social media websites such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are on the internet which is an unsafe place.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many people use social networks everyday as a way to share their personal lives with their friends or followers. Many people are culprits of oversharing personal information on social networks. Oversharing is when one reveals an unacceptable amount of information which may or may not be inappropriate. Also what most seem to fail to remember is that whatever is posted online, stays online forever. The main social networks that are victims of oversharing include Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. “Communities are outraged by the personal information posted by young people online and colleges keep track of student activities on and off campus.... [tags: Social network aggregation, Social network service]
748 words (2.1 pages)
- When one is engaged in social networking, it is possible for them to gain a great deal of benefit. Social networking basically is a way of forming relationships with others through the use of computer network. The purpose of a social network, Facebook for example isn’t just narrowed down to connecting the missing links between the youth, instead it expanded and catered not just to the youth, but appealed to adults as well. Before there was a need for us to access a bunch of methods in order for us to send messages, share photos, get adorned with the current happenings, and etc.... [tags: privacy, social network, Internet]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- The worldwide web is a fabulous spot to research data for any topic that comes into mind. The internet is a powerful invention that allows people to communicate, shop online, have entertainment, and explore the world. The net is being used for many valuable purposes, but the service of the internet raises a number of ethical issues such as privacy in social networking sites. Today’s revolution in social communication involves security and confidentiality of data. Privacy is a valuable tool that humans need in order to protect themselves from privacy violations.... [tags: Internet, Social network service, Facebook]
1432 words (4.1 pages)
- In today's world there is an abundance of information. When you think of hackers you normally think of individuals who use technology to gain access to information that is not otherwise available. In a lot of cases this can be true but there are other ways to gain access to information that requires little technical knowledge. A lot of this information is available freely without restrictions. Social engineering takes advantage of this fact to acquire additional information by manipulating perceptions of those disclosing the needed information.... [tags: IT,social network,hackers,personal information]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- The problem to be investigated is the connection between ethical foundations and the challenges presented by information technology in today’s high intensity electronic environment. The discussion centers on the topics of societal ethical changes caused by information technology, the ethical usage of information the technology, and the development of a code of ethics surrounding these ethical issues. These topics are reviewed using Brooks (2010, October) article titled, The development of a code of ethics: An outline classroom approach to making connections between ethical foundations and the challenges presented by information technology.... [tags: Information Technology ]
1946 words (5.6 pages)
- There are many ways personal information is collected. The companies who receive this information buy/sell personal information for marketing and advertising purposes but cyber-crimes can occur when personal information is transmitted through cyberspace. Communication professionals utilize technology a great deal in their work and they want to know their work and personal information is protected by Federal Law, Common-Law and Statutes. It is alarming to think of a person or company buying and selling one’s personal information.... [tags: Access to Personal Digital Data]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- Have you ever wonder the role internet and technology has played in social, educational and the professional world. Things are moving faster know that that internet has been scattered and that know a day’s technology is more than a beeper. Technology along with internet has changed how social media works and social relationships are made, having a big network of social webpages like tweeter, Facebook, outlook, google plus and others. As time goes on seems like not only social is being affected by information technology but the educational industry too, having new ways to instruct, guide and make classes more much entertaining and interactive than they used to be.... [tags: social media, internet, information]
758 words (2.2 pages)
- Don’t bother introducing yourself anymore. That information is already on the Internet. Your Facebook profile says it all when it displays your friends, pictures, interests, and basic information in one convenient spot. This online platform tells viewers any information they would ask for upon meeting you: your name, your school, your interests, and more. As Facebook grows more popular, more people will have access to your profile and will be able to see any of the personal information that you choose to post.... [tags: social networking, demographics, profile]
2466 words (7 pages)
- Extent of SIMS Adoption The concept of Student Information Management System (SIMS) is one that continues to elicit mixed reactions. Its application appears limited by a number of factors. Whitley, Gal, and Kjaergaard (2014) connotes that SIMS faces challenges in acceptability due to the kind of information being stored, personal identification information being stored in the system and the identity of people accessing this information. Ngoma (2009) explores the level of success student information system, a subset of SIMS.... [tags: acceptability, identity, personal information]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Privacy of Digitized Personal Information Privacy of personal information is a fundamental right of any person. No one wants his/her private details to be known to other people, especially ones who they are not familiar with. However, human society is based on cooperation between people. Society simply cannot function without this vital interaction between two human beings. No one is that capable or skillful enough to fulfill his/her daily requirements alone. The very fabric of society exists because a person has to depend on other people to get things done.... [tags: Private Privacy Information Argumentative Essays]
3497 words (10 pages)