The concept of extraterrestrial life is as old as time, ranging from cave drawings to entire religions. The study of how extraterrestrials influenced former earth civilizations is called Xenoarchaeology (Colavito). One of the most famous instances that many believe aliens helped create was Stonehenge. This is because of the sheer complexities involved, such as the engineering and tools that whoever built it wouldn’t have had back in the neolithic age (Hun). Some believe that it was built to be a lunar or solar calendar (Hun).
Along with Stonehenge, t...
... middle of paper ...
...hese places is Mars, along with Titan and Europa, moons of Saturn and Jupiter. Mars has always been one of the places where one would hear that life could be found, and new research suggests that there is the possibility that there was once water, a main ingredient for life, on the surface. When Mars was first discovered in the 1800’s, it was thought to be an earth-like paradise, but, unfortunately, it was a delusion caused by early telescopes. Mars, as it turned out, was the opposite of earth, barren and lifeless. Until NASA sent up the space rover Curiosity, some still believed that it was possible for microbes to be found living somewhere on the surface. However, when the rover arrived, it discovered that Mars is currently very much dead. Currently, the Curiosity rover is searching for fossils of microbes that once lived on the planet and signs of water. (Bilger)
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Most of us have had the pleasure of lying on our backs and gazing up at the stars on a clear summer night. We pick out familiar celestial figures and hope to possibly catch a glimpse of a shooting star. But is it possible that there is more behind these pinpricks of white light that dot the heavens. It is estimated that there are around 100 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy alone and there are countless galaxies in the universe. With the vast endlessness of what we call space, there is a possibility of other life out there.... [tags: Extraterrestrial Life 2014]
1200 words (3.4 pages)
- The idea of aliens has been a topic numerous Hollywood movie producers and writers have been creating blockbuster movies and novels since 1902 with the French movie A Trip to the Moon. The existence of Extraterrestrial life has been seen as a possibility through the discovery of Exoplanets, Kepler Missions, and mathematical formulas. Others doubt the possibilities of an Alien species such as Enrico Fermi, and Pope Zachary. Although the thought of aliens has created numerous cults and science fiction books, many mainstream scientist have begun devoting money and time seeking the answer, do aliens exist.... [tags: Universive, Extraterrestrial Life]
1083 words (3.1 pages)
- Do you remember cuddling up to watch E.T. or sitting on the edge of your seat watching Signs. Alien movies like “the Fourth kind” and “Aliens vs. Predator” have caught viewer’s attention world wide, but what if there was a possibility that aliens actually did exist. In a galaxy so large there is a potential that humans are not the only form of life among the vast amount of stars. The chance of extraterrestrial life is more reasonable especially with all the recorded sightings and encounters people have experienced as well as the secrecy of Area 51.... [tags: Life, Extraterrestrial life]
1253 words (3.6 pages)
- UFOs and Extraterrestrial Life: The Possibilities of Their Existence Throughout time, many stories and theories have been established by mankind to explain and understand the mysteries of the world. Among them, the idea that intelligent extraterrestrial life is one of the causes of these mysteries is a controversy still under debate. Many religions and traditions around the world have acknowledged other-worldly forces and “divine” beings arriving from the sky. In recent times, numerous sighting of unidentified objects, also known as UFOs, and aliens have been recorded and even documented possibly on planets other than Earth.... [tags: Unidentified flying object, Extraterrestrial life]
1692 words (4.8 pages)
- This Paper Is Out of This World Look up in the sky. It 's a bird. It 's a plane. No, it 's...a UFO?. For many years, the question of extraterrestrial visitation is one that has puzzled everyone from the media crazed public to the most ingenious scientists. Maybe aliens have visited us in the past. But if so, it has only been on the big screen. Though many avow that they have come in contact with alien visitors, these sightings have been like a cocktail; a mixture of hoaxes, hallucinations, misinterpretations of natural phenomenon, and paranoid imagination.... [tags: Extraterrestrial life, Unidentified flying object]
1795 words (5.1 pages)
- Throughout history humanity has been fascinated by the existence of extraterrestrial life. Today such ventures are in the development process and the discovery of life beyond our solar system, no matter how primitive, may soon become a huge(important?) scientific breakthrough. The three basic things that are required to consider a place even remotely habitable are water, a source of energy, and organic materials. Habitability also depends on other factors that must also be taken into consideration such as how close the planet is to its star (in the case of our solar system, the sun), how long the water and organic materials existed there, and the size and mass of the planet.... [tags: Astronomy Essays]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The two greatest faults of mankind are our assumption that what we do is the right, normal way, and our labeling of the improbable as impossible. Those flaws have led to the dismissal of the idea of life outside our solar system. Extremists, scientists, programs such as NASA’s SETI, and the everyday dreamer have kept their head up to the stars to catch a glimpse of any organism, “intelligent,” or not. Skeptics, however, have tried to abolish this idea due to the absence of proof. Any lack of “official” evidence does not terminate the possibility of extraterrestrial life; the mathematical probability, existence of life sustaining planets, and the unlikely prospect of life on Earth is enough... [tags: existence of extraterrestrial life]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Intelligent Extraterrestrial Life When I look up at the stars at night, I just have to wonder who or what is looking back at me from some distant planet in some distant galaxy. We’ve all probably wondered what lies beyond our small, self-contained little world. The question many have pondered is whether or not there is intelligent life beyond earth. In the words of Metrodorus, a Greek philosopher of the fourth century, "To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow." I believe that intelligent extraterrestrial life does exist.... [tags: Science]
926 words (2.6 pages)
- Roswell, New Mexico, 1947: many people claimed to have witnessed an unidentified flying object crash into the New Mexico desert. They have claimed that the government retrieved the crashed craft and the body of an extraterrestrial alien. These claims, along with the entire Roswell incident, have been “officially” debunked. Regardless of the Roswell incident, the question of the existence of UFOs and alien life still exist. Most people would probably agree that unidentified flying objects exist since anything you see in the sky that you can’t explain would classify as a UFO, but whether or not these are of extraterrestrial origin can still debated, as well as to whether intelligent extraterre... [tags: Unidentified flying object, Extraterrestrial life]
1134 words (3.2 pages)
- Abstract: Scientists claim that other life forms do in fact exist based on probability. The conditions necessary for life are likely to be present on various other planets. Signs of possible life have been found in material from outer space. Much research has been dedicated to proving the existence of life on Mars. SETI is a program entirely dedicated to finding and establishing communication with extra terrestrials. If other life forms are found, communication with these beings will be a difficult task.... [tags: Technology Essays Research Papers]
1870 words (5.3 pages)