One way that music is a positive part of a child’s education, is that it can be linked with student achievements (Southgate). Research shows that the brain of a musician works in a different way than that of a non-musician. When you are a musician or you are playing an instrument, you have to be using more of your brain than the average person is (Southgate). The musician uses different parts, parts that would have never been touched without having music as a part of his or her life. The students who received music education had improved sound intolerance and fine motor tasks (Abril). Research has also found a connection between musical abilities and spars intelligence (Southgate). This means that understanding music can help children imagine different elements that should go together, as they would do when solving math problems (Southgate). While these music lessons are helping adolescents had better understand their homework, the music education is also helping improve their overall test scores (Southgate).
Even though there are some people, such as certain individual...
... middle of paper ...
...e a part of every school, then you will never need to think about living life music free.
Abril, Carlos R., and Brent M. Gault. "The State of Music in the Elementary School: The Principal's Perspective." Journal of Research in Music Education 54.1 (2006): n. pag. Sage Publications Inc. Web. 03 Apr. 2014
Sophn, Cydney. "Teacher Perspectives on No Child Left Behind and Arts Education: A Case Study." 109 (2008): 3-11. Heldref Publications, Mar.-Apr. 2008. Web. 4 Apr. 2014
Southgate, Darby E., and Vincent J. Roscigno. "The Impact of Music on Childhood and Adolescent Achievement." The Impact of Music on Childhood and Adolescent Achievement 90 (2009): 1-21. Blackwell Publishing Limited. Web. 1 Apr. 2014
"Welcome to the American Academy of Teachers of Singing (AATS)." American Academy of Teachers of Singing. N.p., n.d. Web. 02 Apr. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The positive impacts of video gaming online are listed on the online services section so these are some of the consequences that can happen to someone socially when playing too much. “Some of the physical consequences of video game addiction can lead to social consequences as well. For instance, an addicted gamer who loses sleep because he's playing so much simply doesn't have the energy to invest in relationships. Lack of sleep may also make him irritable and difficult to be around. The lack of social interaction that results from obsessive gaming can have long-term social consequences.... [tags: social awkwardness, issolation, addiction]
786 words (2.2 pages)
- Socialization is the process where people learn the attitudes, values and behaviors that are appropriate for members of a particular culture. During socialization people learn about societal norms as well as how to communicate and interact with others. Humans are not born with the understanding of how to behave properly in society, this is something that we learn as we grow and discover the self, a distinct identity of who we are, that emerges from our interactions with society. The development of the self is influenced by socializing agents which are used to transmit culture.... [tags: Sociology, High school, Education, Peer group]
885 words (2.5 pages)
- The Effects of Hip hop Music on Today’s Youth Does hip-hop music effect today’s youth in a positive or negative way. The effects of hip-hop music has been disputable following the time when its rise into the social standard in the late twentieth century, but Hip- hop music is not just one sided but can be both positive and negative on today’s youth. What is hip-hop. Assuming that you address hip-hop fans, the term alludes to more than simply a musical type - it incorporates an entire society, including dance structures, graffiti symbolization, and fashion (Selke INT).... [tags: Positive Impacts, Negative Impacts, Hip Hop]
1578 words (4.5 pages)
- “Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” – Plato. Profound memories are often linked to listening to music many of which are latent; or unintended, even unrecognized until later in time. Then at that moment it is suddenly apparent the impact music actually has on life. Music has been vital to society essentially since the beginning of civilized existence, and has directly shaped life and the way people express themselves still today.... [tags: rock and roll, counter culture, music]
1299 words (3.7 pages)
- What are you listening to. What kind of music 's do you like. Are some of the common innocent questions that you will hear among the youth of today. But to children the response to those questions are fundamental to their life. Music is one of the most influential classes distinguish that children determine to figure out each others personality. Through one answer you can determine their social class, in group-out group, views of life, and what is going on in their lives. Music can even be used to determine an persons cultural and ethnic back grounds. At first music was an innocent pass timer but soon adults realized that certain media was not an positive influence on their children.... [tags: Mass media, Youth, Music, Adolescence]
1474 words (4.2 pages)
- The Impact of Music on Students In some way, music affects everyone. Whether it is, a young girl?s favorite song on the radio, a college student?s escape from reality or a form of entertainment to a married couple, music brings everyone together. Music definitely affects the lifestyles of people in many different ways. The diverse styles of music makes people look and act differently. Music has many different levels. To me, levels meaning; the more independent and progressive the music is, the more the fans take it to the extreme.... [tags: Research Essays Music Musical Essays]
1228 words (3.5 pages)
- Globalization has been a topic of discussion in recent years and for a good reason. Who has not heard of the term ‘global village’. The embers of social and economic advancements have been fanned into the flames of enhanced interaction-the global village scenario. The world is increasingly becoming smaller than in the past. Every country depends on every other country in this day and age. Foreign policy ministries and departments have never been more important and if this trend is to continue and there are no signs pointing to it not, international interdependence will only increase in scale.... [tags: Globalization, International trade, Culture]
1125 words (3.2 pages)
- Many people in the world think that life would be nonsense without music. Music helps people in several ways and gives a meaning to their lives. For example, music can help someone to make money, relax, spend time, work or study. Furthermore, it mostly helps children to concentrate more. The times that they study while listen to music, helps their brain power to increase over time. The main problem is, most schools are trying to decrease their music classes since their principals think that music is not as useful as science and maths for student's academic process.... [tags: high academic achievements]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Technology has taken an important role in the working environment.This generation has converted tecnology in one of the main priorities at work, in most jobs now on days if you don 't know how to use a computer with basic knowledge. By basic knowledge I mean the programs as microsoft word, powerpoint,excel, Etc. In this time period technology is around people everywhere, even the some of the jobs that just required the use of hand like construction, some of the machine they would use to make their job easier.... [tags: Internet, Distraction, Energy, 1990s music groups]
872 words (2.5 pages)
- Modern life is virtually dependent on computers and these points to the huge impacts computers have on modern life. Computers are used in many different areas such as in business, design, medicine, military amongst other a multifunctional roles. One of the greatest leaps in development of human beings has been because of the widespread usage of computers. In fact, the computer is the single greatest piece of technology in the 20th century and as such, they have been associated with certain social impacts.... [tags: communication technology, social networking]
1820 words (5.2 pages)
- The Issues Nike Corporation had with Unions
- The Complications of Colic in Horses
- Where Would Someone Look to Find Information on Natural Health News and sScientific Discoveries?
- What Causes a Psychopath to Commit Violent Crimes Such as Murder or Rape?
- The Right to Bear Arms a Constitutional Conflict
- Sandra Cisneros´ Life and Accomplishments