Haliburton was founded by Erle P. Haliburton in 1919, where he started with nothing but a wooden mixing box, thus starting an oil well cementing business in Oklahoma. Later on, around 1930 is when the company expanded more to doing things such as, testing cement mixers, offered “acidizing” services to break down resistance of limestone formations and increase production of gas of oil and gas (Haliburton, 2013). This was its first steps in becoming the world’s most vast offshore service. Providing its services to Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, China, Europe and lastly, was realigned to both eastern and western hemispheres in 2006-07 and divided its services into two divisions: completion and production, and drilling and evaluation.
Here’s the beauty of it all; there are many positives to hydraulic cracking for example, there are more people who are getting employed whether they are helping ...
... middle of paper ...
...ut ultimately it is a positive thing because of all of the benefits it’s brought to the U.S. it made lots of people happy; farmers, miners, and unemployed people who were able to get a job. The federal government is not completely involved in this action therefore leaving the individual states to govern themselves. Farmers get paid for miners to use their land, miners make a profit off of the oil they collect, and employees make a living with the job they now have. This helps slow down the use of greenhouse gases that ultimately make global warming happen. What is better? Killing 2 birds with one stone, or killing no birds at all? You decide.
"Catskill Mountainkeeper." Catskill Mountainkeeper. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Nov. 2013.
"Donate." Top Stories RSS. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
"WebAccess." Penn State Secure Login:. N.p., n.d. Web. 14 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Imagine a country that could depend solely on itself for energy, a place where energy wasn’t a concern. A country that unveiled an untouched, vast amount of energy that may be harnessed and used to create a legacy. The way this opportunity has presented itself, was through the courageous acts of many gas companies using a process called fracking. Through the use of hydraulic fracking, companies have created millions of jobs for people all across America. The problem is extremists and environmentalists want to bring this process to a halt, due to chemicals causing “harm” to the environment.... [tags: Energy Expansion, Chemicals]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Effects of Automobiles Think for a second here, what do you use almost every day to get to where you need to go. An automobile is probably what you are thinking of because just about everyone has one. Automobiles have become so common; nine out of every ten families in the United States own some type of vehicle. Now Imagine going through everyday life without one it would be nearly impossible. Automobiles have had a very positive impact on the world and on many people’s lives. However they have also taken quite a negative effect on the world and in life.... [tags: Negative Effects, Positive Effects, Vehicles]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction: Irrigation has been used as tool by humans for over 8000 years. Irrigation started in the Nile valley where humans attempted to modify the way that the river seasonally flooded their fields in order to make cropland more productive (van Schilfgaarde, 1994). From 1940 to 1989 the amount of land being irrigated around the world has increased at a rate of 2.7% per year. In 1940 there were 95 M ha in irrigation while by 1989 there were over 280 M ha (van Schilfgaarde, 1994). This large increase in land under irrigation occurred at the same time as an exponential jump in human population, and increases in both are greatest in the arid and sub-arid regions of the Earth.... [tags: Agriculture Agricultural Essays]
3012 words (8.6 pages)
- Positive Effects of Television Upon Children Without a doubt, television is the central and principal form of communication in many people’s lives. This form is most often exposed to a child who instantly becomes accustomed to its presence. Children are televisions largest audience, as Morris shows, “Children aged two to five look at the TV tube on an average of 28.4 hours a week; those between the ages of six and eleven average 23.6 hours a week”. Television has played an important role in many children’s lives and its viewing has been a favorite activity for many of them.... [tags: Positive Effects of Television on Social Behavior]
1631 words (4.7 pages)
- Marijuana is the dried leaves, stems, seeds, and flowers of the hemp plant. (“What is Marijuana?”). Marijuana can be consumed in many ways including smoking, vaporizing, eating, and drinking in tea and soda. (“Ways to Consume Medical Marijuana”).There are known negative and positive effects of the substance. Some positives are relaxation for those with medical problems relaxing. Other positive effects include killing cancer cells, helps with tourette’s, seizures, migraines, glaucoma, multiple sclerosis, alzheimer’s, and many more diseases and illnesses.... [tags: diseases, sickle, cell, pain]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- What is interracial marriage. Interracial marriage is when two different racial groups come together and marry. Interracial marriage is an interesting topic which has a history of hardships. It was not until 1967 that the Supreme Court finally “[ruled] the anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional” (Wikipedia). What’s ironic is many states legalize interracial marriage earlier on. Interracial marriage has come a long way since the 20th century and is only getting better. Interracial marriage has positive and negative effects on people in today’s society and previous generations.... [tags: families, discrimination, children society]
1073 words (3.1 pages)
- Negative and positive effects of video games While I was thinking on what to write for this essay, my boyfriend walked into my room and asked if he could borrow to my laptop to play a game. It turned out that his laptop ran out of battery and he was in an important war with his teammates. I told him that I was doing my homework but he kept begging me to let him borrow it. He said he had spent three months to get to this level and it is really important to him. So I had to let him borrow my laptop even though I didn’t want to.... [tags: video game, additive, children]
1398 words (4 pages)
- ... Medicare will provide the payments and services for seniors as well as veterans for the use of nursing homes and assisted living in the amount of on average seven thousand dollars per month per individual after private resources have been exhausted. These service systems utilized annually two-hundred twenty-five billion dollars on Long Term Care. The United States is leading the pact on the positive ageism. Countries such as Argentina, Brazil, China, and Egypt are just now beginning to create price care facilities, were before they were virtually non-existent.... [tags: prejudice, discrimination, rejection, elderly]
1029 words (2.9 pages)
- The natural resource that I am writing this paper on is coal. Coal is a cheap, dirty fossil fuel which we burn to create power. Coal is the most abundant in North America and in Russia, including the area around it. China also has a fairly good amount of coal in it too. Coal, like all of the other fossil fuels is nonrenewable and will eventually run out, in the not so near future. Coal is very important to many of the countries of the world. The countries that use the most coal are China, the United States, India, Russia, and Japan.... [tags: energy, pollution, fuel]
1036 words (3 pages)
- Positive and Negative Effects of Video Games The video game technology, like most technologies, has changed drastically in the last few years. Arcades may look much the same on the surface as they did a decade or two ago, but the games have become far more violent, sophisticated and addictive. When one visits the video arcade it is not surprising to see children pointing and shooting something that looks suspiciously like a real weapon. If Pong – or, for that matter, Pac-Man and Super Mario Brothers – is one’s point of reference, one needs to think again.... [tags: Papers Children Toys Gaming Essays Papers]
2659 words (7.6 pages)