... middle of paper ...
...ion problems through inspection and maintenance programs. The 1990 Act also established the requirement that passenger vehicles be equipped with on board diagnostics, which trigger the familiar "check engine" dashboard light alerting the driver of a possible pollution control device malfunction. To help ensure that motorists respond to the "check engine" light in a timely manner, the Act requires inspection of the on board diagnostic system. The Clean Air Act addresses public health and enforces public policy in regards to the air we breathe. Quality air not only affects our health, our environment, but also endangers our future if we do not implement plans to curb causes of air pollution. The Clean Air Act has made and continues to make substantial strides to ensure basic health and environmental protection from air pollution for all Americans.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Air pollution is a very big problem in our environment today, and the reason why is because of the cars, buses, planes, boats, and any factory plants that are producing smoke which causes a lot of radiation; many people that live near those industrial areas are in big risk of having cancer and the air they breathing is just affecting their health even more, many electric powered cars, which many companies says they are environmentally friendly has a battery made in a plant that affects the environment, and also the hybrid cars do have gasoline powered engines which will also affect the environment since they have mufflers on the back of the cars throwing out carbon monoxide putting many peop... [tags: Air pollution]
1384 words (4 pages)
- When most people think about what is wrong with the environment, they can think of many things wrong with it. The amount of pollution that has either enter the air, land, or the ground. The amount of pollution within the air has been constantly been caused by humans doing a lot of activities that release a lot of carbon emissions. Activities such as deforestation of trees, the uses of automotive cars, and factories producing so much smog on a daily basis. With all of these activities, much of the air quality is poor and can cause many health problems for humans.... [tags: Air pollution]
1742 words (5 pages)
- Air pollution is a big problem in our environment today, and the reason why is because of the cars, buses, planes, boats, and any factory plants that are producing smoke which causes a lot of radiation, and people that live near those industrial areas are in big risk of having cancer and the air they breathing is just affecting their health even more, even hybrid powered cars which many companies says they are environmentally friendly has a battery made in a plant that affects the environment, and also the hybrid cars do have gasoline powered engines which will also affect the environment since they have mufflers on the back of the cars throwing out carbon monoxide putting many people’s heal... [tags: Air pollution]
1383 words (4 pages)
- What is air pollution. In recent years the demand for electricity such as thermal power, iron and steel etc has increased rapidly, but with this demand also comes the problem of air pollution. Air pollution is the presence of a chemical or a substance which is harmful or has a poisonous effect introduced into the air. Whereas, Toxic air pollutants, also known as hazardous air pollutants, are pollutants that cause cancer and other serious health effects such as asthma, damage to the immune system, and environmental effects.... [tags: Air pollution]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- The detriment of air pollution is that it has far reaching consequences and most often is misplaced long distances by the wind. Polluted air shows up in places where you wouldn’t expect or desire it, like in the most remote parts of beloved national parks or barren wilderness. This can be attributed to higher power plant pipes that transport pollutants above a local community contribute to carrying pollutants sometimes thousands of miles away by wind. This can be particularly true in downwind states, where emissions from industrial boilers and power plants contribute to smog, haze, and air pollution hundreds of miles away (EPA, 2014) .... [tags: Air pollution, Smog]
2130 words (6.1 pages)
- There have been several environmental changes in the world recently occurring due to the pollution of the environment. Increase in production, manufacturing, the use of motor vehicles and basically dumping waste into the environment. This has brought about different types of pollution, each resulting in negative effects due to reducing quality air and other environmental features. If things keep going down this road, the future generations may not have a clean environment to come to, and it may even signify the end of our world.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Environmentalism]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- More than three million children under the age of five have passed away because of pollution and other environmental factors (Rinkesh). Pollution is the leading cause of death among developing countries (Petru, Alexis). Air pollution analyst and environmental chemist are two careers that focus on improving our environment to make it safer to live in. Air pollution analyst sample and analyze data collected from polluted air. Once they discover or have a theory on what is causing the pollution, the air pollution analyst works with other scientist to create future techniques for reducing air pollution.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Pollution, Oxygen]
899 words (2.6 pages)
- According to the book Ten Letters (Saslow, 2011) in Chapter 7, the environment of Mexico has been endangered many years because of the poured oil, a video clip shows that “a geyser of black oil spewing from a pipe on the ocean floor, building into a cloud, and then mixing with the clear water until it painted the entire video screen grey” (p. 169). Therefore, protecting our environment is becoming more and more important. Beijing, the capital of China, also faced the environment problem---air pollution.... [tags: Automobile, Pollution, Air pollution]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- The environment is something that needs to be taken care of to make sure that everything is still around for generations to come. One of the most important parts of the environment is the air. We have been breathing the same air for hundreds of years and if it starts to get more polluted than we will not be able to have the best lung function that we should. The environment should stay the best that it can as it will be able to increase the way people live on this planet. The topics that will be included are how health is effected, diseases that come about, and the mortality that comes about with air pollution.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Environmentalism]
738 words (2.1 pages)
- The air pollution in Russia is varied due to the size of the country. Because it is so large, Russia, has decent air quality in most parts while some other cities suffer a lot more from air pollution. The total air emissions last year were at 19.6 million tons, which is a slight increase from 2011’s at 19.2 million tons. About 200 cities exceed Russia’s pollution levels annually. Cities such as Moscow, Norilsk, St.Petersburg, Dzerzhinsk, and Rudnaya Pristan are some of the most polluted cities in Russia, causing most of the air pollution in the country.... [tags: Pollution, Environmentalism, Air pollution]
1206 words (3.4 pages)