Air pollution analyst sample and analyze data collected from polluted air. Once they discover or have a theory on what is causing the pollution, the air pollution analyst works with other scientist to create future techniques for reducing air pollution. In order to become an air pollution analyst, one has to have a Bachelor’s degree in natural sciences, physical sciences, mathematics, or another related field. Also, to become an air pollution analyst it is recommended to attend grad school. The more experienced the person is, the more money they will earn. An average less experienced air pollution analyst will earn about $38,570, while a more experienced air pollution analyst will earn on average $109,970. (“What Is an Air Pollution Analyst) An example of an air pollution analyst who lives in North Carolina is Kim Blumenreich from North Carolina Division of Air Quality. There are also people, such as Vicki Chandler, that are environmental chemist and work for North Carolina Division of Air Quality. (N.C. Division of Air Quality)
Environmental chemists are chemists who try to understand how the environment and human health is effected by chemicals that move through the atmosphere. In order to understand the effects of chemicals in our environment, environmental chemists conduct field and laboratory work with measurements, data interpretation, and computer modeling. In order to beco...
... middle of paper ...
...ng industrial waste into the water. Water pollution kills organisms and disrupts the ecosystem inside. Soil pollution is another example of a pollutant from the industry that kills organisms. Soil pollution occurs when soil loses its structure and fertility because of natural and artificial reasons, such as dumping. (eHow Contributer)
In order to reduce pollution caused by the industry and automobiles humans need to be more conscious of what they do. Air pollution analyst and environmental chemist are working to reduce pollution, but it is our job as humans to reduce pollution the best we can. As Evo Morales, a politician, once said, “Sooner or later, we will have to recognize that the Earth has rights, too, to live without pollution. What mankind must know is that human beings cannot live without Mother Earth, but the planet can live without humans” (Evo Morales).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The detriment of air pollution is that it has far reaching consequences and most often is misplaced long distances by the wind. Polluted air shows up in places where you wouldn’t expect or desire it, like in the most remote parts of beloved national parks or barren wilderness. This can be attributed to higher power plant pipes that transport pollutants above a local community contribute to carrying pollutants sometimes thousands of miles away by wind. This can be particularly true in downwind states, where emissions from industrial boilers and power plants contribute to smog, haze, and air pollution hundreds of miles away (EPA, 2014) .... [tags: Air pollution, Smog]
2130 words (6.1 pages)
- I. Introduction A. Attention getter: Fumes. Gases. Toxins. We cannot survive without air; even though, we must inhale any air that is available in the atmosphere. According to the Environmental Protection Agency “a new gas powered lawn mower produces…air pollution in one hour of operation as 11 new cars each being driven for one hour” (Springfels). If the society keeps producing technology, then the environment will be destroyed. B. Relevance: Air pollution is something that everyone should be concern, especially if we’re advancing a lot in technology, especially in vehicles and the importance of our air or the environment.... [tags: Air pollution]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- Having been around for billions of years the earth can handle a bit of air pollution. That isn’t the case at all, with the rise in Co2 conditions on Earth have changed causing many problems. Since the clean air act the air quality has improved but it isn’t enough. China has some of the most polluted air in the world causing many health issues for its citizens. This is primarily caused by the increasing amount of Co2 in the air. Leaders around the world gathered in Paris to find a way to slow down the problem.... [tags: Air pollution, Smog, Global warming]
1266 words (3.6 pages)
- When most people think about what is wrong with the environment, they can think of many things wrong with it. The amount of pollution that has either enter the air, land, or the ground. The amount of pollution within the air has been constantly been caused by humans doing a lot of activities that release a lot of carbon emissions. Activities such as deforestation of trees, the uses of automotive cars, and factories producing so much smog on a daily basis. With all of these activities, much of the air quality is poor and can cause many health problems for humans.... [tags: Air pollution]
1742 words (5 pages)
- Air pollution is a very big problem in our environment today, and the reason why is because of the cars, buses, planes, boats, and any factory plants that are producing smoke which causes a lot of radiation; many people that live near those industrial areas are in big risk of having cancer and the air they breathing is just affecting their health even more, many electric powered cars, which many companies says they are environmentally friendly has a battery made in a plant that affects the environment, and also the hybrid cars do have gasoline powered engines which will also affect the environment since they have mufflers on the back of the cars throwing out carbon monoxide putting many peop... [tags: Air pollution]
1384 words (4 pages)
- Air pollution is a big problem in our environment today, and the reason why is because of the cars, buses, planes, boats, and any factory plants that are producing smoke which causes a lot of radiation, and people that live near those industrial areas are in big risk of having cancer and the air they breathing is just affecting their health even more, even hybrid powered cars which many companies says they are environmentally friendly has a battery made in a plant that affects the environment, and also the hybrid cars do have gasoline powered engines which will also affect the environment since they have mufflers on the back of the cars throwing out carbon monoxide putting many people’s heal... [tags: Air pollution]
1383 words (4 pages)
- There have been several environmental changes in the world recently occurring due to the pollution of the environment. Increase in production, manufacturing, the use of motor vehicles and basically dumping waste into the environment. This has brought about different types of pollution, each resulting in negative effects due to reducing quality air and other environmental features. If things keep going down this road, the future generations may not have a clean environment to come to, and it may even signify the end of our world.... [tags: Pollution, Air pollution, Environmentalism]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- According to the book Ten Letters (Saslow, 2011) in Chapter 7, the environment of Mexico has been endangered many years because of the poured oil, a video clip shows that “a geyser of black oil spewing from a pipe on the ocean floor, building into a cloud, and then mixing with the clear water until it painted the entire video screen grey” (p. 169). Therefore, protecting our environment is becoming more and more important. Beijing, the capital of China, also faced the environment problem---air pollution.... [tags: Automobile, Pollution, Air pollution]
1140 words (3.3 pages)
- What is air pollution. In recent years the demand for electricity such as thermal power, iron and steel etc has increased rapidly, but with this demand also comes the problem of air pollution. Air pollution is the presence of a chemical or a substance which is harmful or has a poisonous effect introduced into the air. Whereas, Toxic air pollutants, also known as hazardous air pollutants, are pollutants that cause cancer and other serious health effects such as asthma, damage to the immune system, and environmental effects.... [tags: Air pollution]
842 words (2.4 pages)
- Air pollution concentrations have been rapidly increasing in the major urban areas of Brazil caused mainly by the increasing use of vehicles. Policies to control car emissions in Brazil have relied basically on mandatory emission standards and subsidies for specific cleaner technology resulting in substantial decrease of car emission rates. Nevertheless, taxes on car sales, differentiated by vehicles' size and fuel, have also influenced car emission patterns. This paper analyses the compliance trend of the Brazilian fleet with environmental standards between 1992 and 1997.... [tags: Driving Air Pollution Emissions Global Warming]
1853 words (5.3 pages)