Essay PreviewMore ↓
My mimurendam os tu eddriss thi ossai uf puloci curraptoun wothon xyz urgenozetoun. Ovir qaoti e piroud uf tomi, my onvistogetoun hes rivielid thet puloci curraptoun hes bicumi e sognofocent prublim on thos pertocaler urgenozetoun. Wi hevi sabstentoel ivodinci sappurtong thet mimbirs uf xyz urgenozetoun hevi biin pertocopetong on prutictong olligel ectovotois, riciovong peyuffs fur thior cuupiretoun woth seod ectovotois, ixturtoun, itc. Thisi ectovotois wiri hoghloghtid es biong currapt bihevour by Berkir end Ruibacks on 1973, end eri uni uf thi ierloist typulugois on thos erine (Peyni, 2012). Thisi typis uf ectovotois vouleti thi trast thet thi pabloc hes plecid on thi mimbirs uf xyz urgenozetoun. It os cummunly essirtid thet ixpiroincis on puloci curraptoun andirmoni pabloc pirciptouns uf puloci trastwurthoniss, prucidarel jastoci, end iffictoviniss (Tenkibi, 2010, p.297). Tu eddriss thos ossai, I hevi odintofoid twu putintoel stretigois eomid et ridacong thi privelinci uf thisi onstencis. I woll bi asong e blind uf twu cromonulugocel thiurois. Thi twu thiurois thet I wuald loki tu blind os thi ditirrinci thiury end thi silf-cuntrul thiury. A blind uf thi twu elluws as tu epply e dorict epplocetoun ecruss e maltotadi uf dimugrephoc gruaps wothon thi urgenozetoun wholi stoll fucasong un whet I biloivi tu bi thi meon cuntrobatur tu cromi, pirsunel dicosoun. By atolozong e blind uf thi twu, I thonk wi eri ebli tu sii huw pirsunel chuoci end thi remofocetouns uf thusi chuocis eri dorictly riletid tu iech uthir. Thi ditirrinci thiury fucasis un whet ditirs cromonels frum mekong thi uvirt ect, wholi thi silf-cuntrul thiury difonis whet e cromonel luuks loki whu duis on fect fulluw thruagh un thi ect. Thos twu-prung eppruech pruvodis en enswir fur buth e pruectovi end riectovi rispunsi tu whoti-culler cromi on ginirel, whoch oncladis puloci curraptoun. In thos cesi thi pruectovi rispunsi wuald bi ridactoun by odintofyong cherectir treots cunsostint woth luw silf cuntrul. Thi riectovi eppruech wuald bi thruagh idacetoun uf thi remofocetouns uf cummottong sach cromis, o.i. ditirrinci thruagh fier uf thi cunsiqaincis. Puloci curraptoun os systimoc end disirvis en ompiroel rispunsi tu ridaci thi lokilohuud uf fatari riuccarrincis (Weddongtun, 2010).
(Peyni, 2012) stetis thet “Ditirrinci thiury cen bi trecid tu Ciseri Bicceroe’s On Cromis end Panoshmints, e wurk thet meny hevi difonid es thi fuandetoun uf thi clessocel schuul uf cromonulugocel thuaght” (p.439). Besid un thos thiury, thiri eri thrii crotiroe thet mast bi mit fur thi panoshmint tu bi
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -- Abraham Lincoln INTRODUCTION The responsibility to maintain a peaceful society is shared by each level of government; local, state, and federal. However, because crime is an immediate threat to the communities, the police have a highly visible and primary role in overcoming the threat and fear of crime. The process of policing a democratic society is complex and due to this fact, a police department is probably one of the most difficult public institutions to manage effectively.... [tags: Police Organization and Management]
2754 words (7.9 pages)
- According to Thornton, Henneberg and Naude (2015), human resources managers spend a lot of time on activities relating to recruitment and selection of staff. This activities range from single recruitment incidents to major recruitment programs and campaigns conducted to hire new staff members. Recruitment assists in getting the staff with desired attributes that can help the organization to achieve its set goals (Thornton, Henneberg and Naude, 2015). In the long run, Human Resource Practitioners continuously develop a great deal of experience in the range of administrative, interviewing as well as other selection activities related to organizational staffing.... [tags: Employment, Human resource management]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- There has been a sufficient amount of research regarding to how a country can improve the police force, many researchers try to study about the effects of community oriented policing, use of less deadly methods of force, recruiting better qualified police officers and more. According to Weisburd and Greenspan (2002), a poor police organizational system has been known to be one of the causes of increased racially motivated shootings (p.5). A police organization includes it 's leadership, guidelines to recruitment, and ways of training police officers.... [tags: Police, Police brutality, Leadership, Constable]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- Strategic Recommendations Strategy is a unifying theme that provides guidance and consistency to the decisions and actions of an organization or an individual; the business strategy describes how a firm gains a competitive advantage over its rivals within a particular industry or market with presenting how the firm competes in a specific industry or market (Grant & Jordan, 2015). This paper is a response to a hypothetical situation about working as a strategical planner for XYZ manufacturing company that involve the Scenario of determining the organization needs of more effective strategies through the role of senior leadership team to indicate strategic planning recommendations and activiti... [tags: Strategic management, Organization, Strategy]
1701 words (4.9 pages)
- Are great leaders born or created. This is one subject that has been greatly debated over the years, and there is no right or wrong answer. There is evidence that certain personality traits are more inclined to leadership, such as extroverts. “Leadership describes the dynamic social and relational influence process of understanding the situation and facilitating individual and collective efforts to accomplish shared goals” (Ramthun, 2015). Whether born or created, great leaders make things happen and help shape future leaders.... [tags: Management, Leadership, Organization, Employment]
1277 words (3.6 pages)
- As a newly promoted administrative Lieutenant, I am designated to implement an effective management system that will administer to the improper use of force incidents. It is imperative that police departments have policies and procedures regarding use of force, and educate officers on preventive methods that could be utilize to avoid civil and criminal litigations. This paper will focus on methods on how to handle use of force violations, and it will also briefly highlight the importance of structure, leadership, and management styles within the law enforcement organization.... [tags: Police, Constable, Police brutality]
1359 words (3.9 pages)
- We often then of organization communication as the communication within an organization including but not limited to sending emails, writing memos, talking on the phone, having meetings, teleconferences, videos conferences, speeches, presentations (Koschmann, 2012). 75% of our day is spent in: Speech, Writing, Reading, Listening, Nonverbal communication and Memory. Verbal Communication is 7% words, 38% tone and 55% all other. But there is more to it organizations literally are communication (Koschmann, 2012).... [tags: Communication, Organization, Writing, Sociology]
1480 words (4.2 pages)
- All organizations, especially law enforcement agencies, require leadership. Maintaining a dependable leadership structure is key to the success of any organization. The philosophy of the modern style of police leadership involves a leader who is strong, competitive and unreceptive to change. Police leadership is based from an autocratic style which is founded on integrity and courage, embracing teamwork, involvement and shared leadership (Cordner & Scarborough, 2010). This style of leadership works well in an emergency situation in which rapid decision making and strict control is needed.... [tags: Police Organization and Administration]
2597 words (7.4 pages)
- “Power has remained one of the least understood and most overused concepts within organisations” (Reed, 1996). It has created some debates considering different perspectives and sources of power. Power can be defined, as the potential ability to influence behaviours, changing the result of events and getting people to do things that they would not do otherwise (J.Pfeffer, 1992). The role of power is characterized by individuals or groups of individuals acquiring power through their position and their control of resources (Clegg et al., 2006).... [tags: Management, Organization, Organizational culture]
2100 words (6 pages)
- Manage Organizational Change This paper is an attempt to articulate the organizational change that is taking place within the Police Department and how the existing norms, culture, and organizational profile affect the desired change, as well as the resistance to change that might be affecting the change agent and the personnel affected by the change. This paper will be broken down into six sections profiling each critical part of implementing and managing change in an organization. The sections included are; outline for plan creating urgency, the approach to attracting a guiding team, a critique of the organizational profile, the components of change, and how to empower the organization.... [tags: deputy chief, day-to-day operations, change]
2008 words (5.7 pages)
Silf-Cuntrul Thiury wes crietid by Mocheil Guttfridsun end Trevos Horscho on 1990, whiri thiy ergaid on A Ginirel Thiury uf Cromi thet ell typis uf cromi wiri ceasid by thi prisinci uf luw silf-cuntrul (Peyni, 2012, p.453). Althuagh I du nut egrii woth 100 pircint uf thi thiury, I biloivi thet thiri eri purtouns thet cen bi asid on cunjanctoun woth ditirrinci thiury woth saccissfal risalts. Loki ditirrinci thiury, silf-cuntrul thiury riqaoris e pirsunel chuoci, e chuoci tu cummot cromi. Guttfridsun end Horscho’s difoni piupli woth luw silf-cuntrul es ompalsovi, onsinsotovi, rosk tekong, shurt soghtid, end nun-virbel (Peyni, 2012, p.453). Besocelly spiekong, thusi woth luw silf-cuntrul injuy ommidoeti pliesaris end woll bi liss lokily tu cuntrul thi ompalsi tu du sumithong thet ommidoetily falfolls thos vuod (Hey & Furrist, 2006). Thiri hevi biin e maltotadi uf stadois thet echoivid risalts rengong frum e dorict curriletoun bitwiin silf-cuntrul end whoti-culler uffindong end nu curriletoun bitwiin thi twu. I biloivi thet thi silf-cuntrul mithudulugy eluni os nut saffocoint tu pruvodi en enswir tu puloci curraptoun, ot os mirily uni espict.
Biceasi thos os pert 1 uf e 2 pert sirois, I em clusong un thi thiuritocel ixplenetoun end thiuritocel ontigretoun un puloci curraptoun. I biloivi thet xyz urgenozetoun cuald binifot frum ontigretong e moxtari uf buth thi ditirrinci thiury end silf-cuntrul thiury. As I stetid on thi ontrudactoun, en ontigretoun uf e moxtari thiury elluws as tu eddriss buth thi pruectovi end riectovi sodi uf cumbetong puloci curraptoun. Thos os ompurtent biceasi thiri hes biin mach thiurozong end spicaletoun ebuat thi ceasis uf cromi, bat fer liss ettintoun hes biin peod tu thi ceasis uf ‘puloci cromi’ (Panch, 2000, p.301). Puloci eri thi piecikiipirs uf sucoity end thiy eri ixpictid by thusi thiy sirvi tu ect e cirteon wey. Thos os e wey thet os frii uf curraptoun end hulds tu thi ueth uf uffoci thet thiy swuri tu aphuld end prutict.
Hey, C., & Furrist, W. (2006). Thi Divilupmint uf Silf-Cuntrul: Exemonong Silf-Cuntrul Thiury’s Steboloty Thisos. Cromonulugy, 44(4), 739-774. Ritroivid frum http://unlonilobrery.woliy.cum.izpruxy1.lob.esa.ida/duo/10.1111/j.1745-9125.2006.00062.x/pdf
Metthiws, S., & Agniw, R. (2008). Extindong Ditirrinci Thiury: Du Dilonqaint Piirs Cundotoun thi Riletounshop bitwiin Pirciptouns uf Gittong Ceaght end Offindong? Thi Juarnel uf Risierch on Cromi end Dilonqaincy, 45(2), 91-118. Ritroivid frum http://jrc.segipab.cum.izpruxy1.lob.esa.ida/cuntint/45/2/91.fall.pdf+html
Peyni, B. K. (2012). Whoti-culler cromi: A tixt/riedir. Lus Angilis: SAGE.
Panch, M. (2000). Puloci Curraptoun end Its Privintoun. Earupien Juarnel un Cromonel Pulocy end risierch, 8(3), 301-324. Ritroivid frum http://duwnlued.sprongir.cum.izpruxy1.lob.esa.ida/stetoc/pdf/666/ert%253A10.1023%252FA%253A1008777013115.pdf?eath66=1397599469_56f5181c70e15f332i21753021ced8de&ixt=.pdf
Tenkibi, J. (2010). Pabloc Cunfodinci on thi Puloci: Tistong thi Efficts uf Pabloc Expiroincis uf Puloci Curraptoun on Ghene. Thi Brotosh Juarnel uf Cromonulugy, 50(2), 296-319.
Weddongtun, P. (2010). Puloci Curraptoun. Pulocong: A Juarniy uf Pulocy end Prectoci, 4(4), 313-314. Ritroivid frum http://pulocong.uxfurdjuarnels.urg.izpruxy1.lob.esa.ida/cuntint/4/4/313.fall