Before playing a guitar, the person must first understand the instrument.
An acoustic guitar is hand crafted and made out of wood. The average acoustic guitar cost around $150 depending on the brand. According to Aaron Schulman, “…the Yamaha FG700S to be the #1 selling acoustic guitar for beginners across the country” (1). The guitar consists of a body, a neck, and a headstock. The center of the guitar where it has a circular opening is called the sound hole and the pattern around it is called the rosette. The dark piece ...
... middle of paper ...
... the last couple of strings. This defeats the purpose of strumming the Amaj chord since the fingers are on the last strings. If strumming correctly, it should sound cheerful. Most major chords sound happy, compared to minor chords that sound melancholy.
Playing the guitar can be quite complex. Learning to play a guitar takes patience and understanding. Nevertheless, once a person has become familiar with the guitar they can execute chords and strumming effortlessly. Guitars are a form of expressing people’s emotions, creativity, and relieving stress. The individual will then have a deeper understanding of music. With years of practice and the proper equipment, people can become experts on the guitar. Doing so, the person will then show his/her friends how praiseworthy they are. The experience is satisfying once the person is playing along with their favorite songs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Topic: The Guitar General purpose: To inform Specific purpose: To inform my audience about the history of guitars, the different style of guitars, and the different strings used on guitars. Thesis: The guitar has many I. Introduction A. Attention-getter: Imagine listening to your favorite genre of music. Whether it is either country, rock, or even hip hop, most likely, one of those songs will have a guitar in it. B. Reason to listen: The guitar is an instrument that can be heard in all types of music, it would be nice to know some information about the guitar.... [tags: Guitar, Electric guitar, Bass guitar]
723 words (2.1 pages)
- Two things with six strings It was in eighth grade when my father made me started to listen to Johnny Cash. His music was old at my age, but his guitar made me fall in love with his music. It was right then that I decided to play the guitar, both acoustic and electric. When I got my first guitar, the new smell of wood spread across my room as I opened my guitar case. I could barely lift up my first time. My little body was covered by the size of the guitar. The strings felt thin on my little hands and my ears were filled with magic when I played it.... [tags: Guitar, Electric guitar, Acoustic guitar]
1502 words (4.3 pages)
- History and Influences of the Guitar My paper will be discussing the history, culture, and influences of guitar throughout the ages. This will be going back to the time of the lute and rebec as they were all early forms of string instruments related to the guitar family. This is going through the beginning of the instrument’s time, throughout the different time periods, elaborating on its significance in music. The guitar is a well-known instrument and staple in the music industry in all genres of music.... [tags: guitar like instruments]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Stringed instruments are most likely the oldest type of musical instruments. The acoustic guitar has been around since the 1500's, and is the most common stringed instrument used today. The guitar is one of the most versatile instruments in existence, being used in virtually every style of music. It can produce a wide range of sounds depending upon the style of the guitar and the type of strings used on it. The two main styles of acoustic guitars are the nylon-stringed and the steel-stringed.... [tags: physics guitars]
1810 words (5.2 pages)
- The Guitar is a stringed musical instrument with six or twelve strings that is played by either plucking or strumming the strings. It is one of the most popular instruments in the world. If an individual were asked to identify a guitar most people would answer the question correctly more so than they would if they were asked about another instrument. When people think about famous guitarists, they more than likely think of famous rock and roll guitarists and do not think about the many other famous guitarists in other musical genres such as jazz or country.... [tags: Music History, Musical Instruments]
1906 words (5.4 pages)
- Physics of an Acoustic Guitar I have been watching my husband play the guitar in a band for five years and he has made it look so easy to make such beautiful music. Most guitar players have progressed with the technology of electric guitars, but when my husband picks up an acoustic guitar and starts to play a song for just me, I hear his love for me in the sounds that he produces. Imagine my surprise when a physics class conveyed to me that there was much more to his playing than I had imagined.... [tags: Music Instruments Essays]
1748 words (5 pages)
- Introduction: The guitar is a typical string instrument, whose physics are similar to many other string instruments. The main parts consist of the body, the neck, the bridge, the tuning pegs, the sound hole, and the strings. An electric guitar lacks the sound hole and instead relies on an amp for amplification. The physics of a guitar involves sound waves, how they are amplified, and how they travel. Strings: The vibration of the strings of a guitar causes the sound wave, but is not actually what you are hearing.... [tags: music, string instruments, vibration]
975 words (2.8 pages)
- The Guitar About five hundred years ago the guitar was invented. Since then, the guitar has played a crucial role in music. It serves as the heart for song, from Jazz, to Blues, to Heavy Metal. The guitar is perhaps the most important instrument in modern music. The two types of guitar most popular today, are the acoustic and electric guitar. The first guitar like instruments looked nothing like the guitars of today. These instruments were called lutes. Lutes later became vihuelas, which then evolved into the guitar in the fifteenth century.... [tags: Papers]
922 words (2.6 pages)
- The History of the Guitar Four hundred years ago the guitar was invented. Since then, guitar has been a great innovative instrument. It serves as the heart of a song, or sound. From Jazz, and Blues, to Heavy Metal, and punk music guitar has been perhaps the biggest factor in modern music. Between acoustic guitar, and electric guitar there is a lot of history. When guitar was first invented, it looked nothing like the guitars that we know. The first guitars were lutes. Lutes evolved into vihuelas, and later became the guitar in the fifteenth century.... [tags: Papers]
888 words (2.5 pages)
- History of the Guitar Throughout its centuries-old history, the guitar has alternately experienced times of extreme popularity and cultural obscurity. Through the diversity of instruments that now belong to the guitar family and through the diversity of musical styles played upon the guitar, its existence has now been secured. The guitar originated in Persia about four thousand years ago. Historians think that a resonating body such as a tortoise shell combined with the plucking of the hunting bow created the first plucked instrument, which later developed into such instruments as the sitar of India and the guitarra of Spain.... [tags: Papers]
492 words (1.4 pages)