The linux kernel provides a permission architecture so that you can restrict access to data and resources to only processes that have proper authority. It also handles memory and process management. Finally it also allows device drivers to be plugged in so that android can communicate with a wide range of hardware components like cameras and radios. Android’s linux kernel includes its own power management services and its own interprocess communication mechanism which allows multiple processes to share data and services.
The next layer includes a variety of system libraries which are generally written in the c and c++ programming languages. These library handle a lot of the core performance sensitive activities on the device like updating the display and using web browsers. Noteworthy system libraries include the media framework library which takes care of audio and video services, the surface manager which handles the display and the webkit library which enables browsers to be used by the devices.
This layer also includes the android runtime. The two main components of the android runtime are the core java libraries and the Dalvik Virtual Machine. The core java libraries make it easier to develop for android. They include packages that help with specific software functions that a developer would want to use in their application. The second part of th...
... middle of paper ...
...KD managers, AVD managers, logcat. Essentially, it contains everything the team will need to develop the app.
An application can be dissected into three parts: model, view and controller (M, V and C). The model contains all the data and the current state of the application. It takes care of data storage, integrity, queries, consistency and mutations. The view is the visual presentation of the application. The view can be split into two subgroups, view and view group. A view is any visible object or command on the screen, a view group is a specific way of organizing a group of views. The controller listens for user input and updates the model and view accordingly. It receives, interprets and validates inputs and can create and update views. The activity class in the android studio is where the controller can be modified to create the functionality of the application.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- SQLite in Android Applications If we look at the architecture of Android we come to know that SQLite is present in the libraries section as the resident or embedded Relational DBMS, which can be used in applications in which content provider is involved (Holla & Katti, 2012). Architecture of android application is given in the figure 1. It is important to store, use and modify data by using SQLite in the system because Android provides the facility of this database to the people so that they can access the information that are presents in the contact list or mainly in its main RDBMS.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Thomas Edison once said, "To have a great idea, have a lot of them". The same mantra seems to be resonating within Google as they are always coming out of visionary and innovative ventures. Diversifying from their search engine, Google is now venturing to Self-Driven Cars and space balloons that act as internet routers for hard to reach. One of their revolutionary ventures at the time is a smartphone operating system (OS), the Android. With this, the report shall investigate the role of corporate venturing in keeping Google relevant in today’s volatile business environment, focusing on the Android OS venture.... [tags: Technological Advancements, Communication]
1348 words (3.9 pages)
- Android Incorporation, which was founded by Andy Rubin, Rich Miner, Nick Sears and Chris White in the year 2003, is acquired by Google in the year of 2005 . Android Incorporation is based in Palo Alto, California. After acquisition, it is operated as a subsidiary of Google and the founders (Andy Rubin, Rich Miner and Chris White) continue staying with the company . Andy Rubin has become the leader of the Android project at Google. The Open Handset Alliance (OHA) which comprised of chip makers, handset manufacturers (Samsung, Motorola, LG and so on), software developers, and service providers (T-Mobile) was formed by Google in November 2007 , .... [tags: Technology, Google ]
1539 words (4.4 pages)
- When it comes to mobile technology, things transform rather fast, and a perfect example is Google’s Android operating system (Ralphael, 2102). Android has evolved from a rough and limited beginner to a polished yet slick platform that is now dominating the smartphone market (Ralphael, 2102). Android powers more than a billion phones and tablets around the world. It’s customizable yet easy to use and since it’s created by Google, it seamlessly works with all the favorite Google apps. Android 4.0 is called “Ice Cream Sandwich”, which builds on things people love the most about Android.... [tags: technology, google, mobile]
1746 words (5 pages)
Appropriate Technology and Practices for Develping a Mobile Application for Both iOS and Android Plattform
- Introduction This report is intended for the Northport System software development team, or anyone else, who needs to decide an appropriate technology and practics for developing mobile application for both iOS and Android platform. It is for readers who have a basic understanding of computer science, software development, and mobile application develop process. The report begins with briefly introducing the reason for using cross-platform integrated development environments and investigating the pros and cons for cross-platform integrated development environments.... [tags: computer science, software development]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- ... All these things made Android different from any other operating system in many aspects like its performance, security, and usability. In 2003, Android was founded in California, U.S. by Andy Rubin, Nick sears, Rich miner, and Chris White. Later on, Android was bought in 2005 by Google who started working on it, and released a number of versions and updates in the original version (Deleon, 2013). The first version Android 1.0 was released in Sep 2008. After that, they started to name their versions after desserts since April 2009, and they were released in alphabetically order: • Cupcake (1.5) in April 2009 • Doughnut (1.6) in Sep 2009 • Eclair (2.0–2.1) in Oct 2009 • Froyo (2.2–2.2.... [tags: mobile devices, apps, smartphones]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- 1- INTRODUCTION: 1.1- Overview: The goal of our project is to build a system consisting of an android device, which, when connected to the network via Wi-Fi, will be capable of controlling states of light bulbs, fans and Air conditioners. All of these appliances will be assigned unique IP addresses and the user will be able to switch them On/Off through a control packet sent over the IP network. An android application will be developed in order to provide the user an easy platform, where, by simply touching the icon, the user will be able to switch the appliances in accordance with the user’s requirements.... [tags: technology, network, commercial]
2428 words (6.9 pages)
- Experiences Experiences with Android Development Android is an open source mobile operating system based on Linux kernel version 2.6. The Open Handset Alliance, which includes a large group of companies (e.g. mobile operators, handset manufactures, semiconductor companies, software companies, and commercialization companies) responsible for the development and release of Android OS. Android has a variety of open-source libraries and tools to support our development work, such as Android Development Tools plug-in for Eclipse IDE, device emulator, JDWP debugger.... [tags: Android Programming]
2317 words (6.6 pages)
- ... Android also uses the open source technologies that have gone through the review of external security, like Linux Kernel (Meier, 2012). 3. Penetration, code and testing review- While developing the Android platform, Android created open source components that relates with the subject to vigorous reviews about the security. The main aim of this review is to explore the possible vulnerabilities before open sourcing the platform (Meier, 2012). Android Security issues around the Management Various earlier versions of the Android, which are still run on the various Android Smartphone’s holds no capabilities for disabling and tracking the lost or in the case when device is stolen, but there ar... [tags: developers, security controll]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- In an influential 2011 article, “Android: Changing the Mobile Landscape,” Margaret Butler, founder and CEO of a company that creates mobile applications, convinces readers that Androids rapid development through recent years making Android a huge success, winning hearts of both consumers and mobile application developers . In November 2007, an open platform for all kinds of mobile devices were introduced . This development is led by multiple companies under the umbrella of the Open Handset Alliance, which is a global alliance between technology and mobile industry leaders with an aim of developing and fostering a breed of innovation for mobile devices allowing a better user experience... [tags: IPhone, Mobile phone, App Store, Smartphone]
996 words (2.8 pages)