Plastic surgery should not be performed for wrong reasons like getting a liposuction and breast augmentation at such a young age. A teenager’s body is still developing making it the number one concern for plastic surgery. Receiving breast enhancements young cannot be a wise idea because young women are still developing and could potentially receive larger breast than intended because their body has not been fully developed. “In 2012, more than 236,000 cosmetic procedures were performed on patients between 13 and 19, including more than 75,000 surgical procedures such as nose reshaping, breast lifts, breast augmentation, liposuction, and tummy tucks.” Teenagers need to focus on realistic things like school, family, and friends to make a positive effect in their lives. This topic should not be mentioned until later i...
... middle of paper ...
...tuation but in some cases plastic surgery is needed to for a medical purpose or to feel confident.
There are many teenagers that acquire surgery to get the ideal body image. Considering plastic surgery at a young age specifically teens should not be in their minds. A teen’s body is still developing and there are also effects that come along with these surgeries. The culture of today is accepting of these surgeries because of television and celebrities doing dramatic changes to their bodies. In some cases surgery could be accepted for example medical conditions and for teens to become more confident with their looks. Surgery should not be conducted in teens for the wrong reasons because their bodies are still changing. Teens need to be focused about school, family, and friends the last thing on their mind should be surgery which in reality is on the rise for teens.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- What do you see when you look at yourself in the mirror. A seed sticking out from your teeth. Bed head from just waking up and sleepy eyes. The truth is every time we look at ourselves in the mirror we can not help but notice some of our imperfections. Whether it is our nose, eyes, lips or ears there is always something. The beauty standard pop culture has today on women is unattainable. Women somehow have to have a thin body, giant chest, big rear, and tiny waist. Unfortunately these are the molds young women in America wish to fit into in order to feel beautiful.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Rhinoplasty, Breast]
1103 words (3.2 pages)
- 1. In the first two texts there are numerous views concerning adolescent cosmetic surgery. Among these views are, for example, Diana Zuckerman, president of the National Research Center for Women and Families, whom are mentioned in both texts. As she is quoted in the second text , Seeking Self-Esteem Through Surgery, an article by Camille Sweeney, posted on New York Times website, January 15 anno 2009, “They may not be any happier with their new look, then what?”. Said quote depicts quite well the general skepticism that Diana Zuckerman seems to hold in both texts.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery]
896 words (2.6 pages)
- Abortion, one of the most controversial ongoing issues, has become common in the United States. There are a lot of reasons defending the legalization of abortion. However, understanding the medical information and perspectives on abortion can solve this controversial issue. Unlike the common knowledge that abortion is performed in an unsafe setting and has the potential long-term complications, abortion is actually performed by professions and has few complications if it is performed within twelve weeks of pregnancy.... [tags: Argument For Abortion, Pro Choice]
1929 words (5.5 pages)
- Top 8 Reasons You are Ready for Cosmetic Surgery Cosmetic surgery might not make you look exactly like your favorite actor or singer, but it can bring out the very best you, enhancing and highlighting your strengths, making some adjustments to your trouble spots, and visibly shaving years off your appearance. There is not one single reason people choose to have plastic or cosmetic surgery, but there are some very good reasons that it might be the right option. Below are eight of the most common reasons that plastic surgery might be right for you.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast, Mastopexy]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Doctor: “There is an option to stay awake for the procedure. What would you prefer?” Patient: “Well, I don’t know doctor. Which would you choose?” It’s a difficult question. The literature has shown that each to have their benefits but also disadvantages. Several considerations should be taken into account such as the co-morbidities of the patient, the type and duration of the surgery, experience of the anaesthetist and patient preference – some patients may rather be asleep; some theatre personnel may also prefer their patients to be asleep.... [tags: health, surgery procedures]
1383 words (4 pages)
- Everyone has had their own personal stories of the times that they have been bullied; this could be anywhere from being bullied by their siblings to being bullied at school for things that they do or how they look. In school now, children from the ages of 5 all the way up until they are 18 or older are getting bullied for the ways that they look. Children all throughout school had dreamt of the day where they could just take their defected body part off and just switch it with a new “normal” body part.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Change your life into an angle of a Fifty Degree with a simple method. Plastic or Cosmetologist Surgery, is an amazing method that many people used, which consists in improving their appearance or repairs any form or appearance of the body, and in the face, including injured, misshapen parts. This method is a controversial issue and a really hot topic, between the people who approved the surgery and those that are against to do it or judge the person who do it. The arguments that the people against to the plastic surgery used are, plastic surgery is an unnecessary process which has many risks, so they jugged in a really bad way to those who have the courage of submitting their self to this p... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast, Breast reduction]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Reshaping Beauty Today’s news is always gossiping about “Who got the latest nose job,” and everyone at home is thinking plastic surgery is unnecessary. Although celebrities have taken plastic surgery to a whole new level, it does not mean it is unnecessary. Plastic surgery has spiked in the past few years for teenage girls. There are many examples of young teens going though plastic surgery for birth defects, breast reductions, and many more helpful procedures (The Nemours Foundation). Therefor plastic surgery is vital to teens by improving their self-esteem along with short and long term health.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
761 words (2.2 pages)
- In the world we live in, society somehow always admired beauty. Today women insecurities are focused mainly on impossible high standards of beauty, which causes self-esteem and confidence problems. We see beautiful people everywhere in public, television, and magazines. The flawless appearance of people drive humans insane. The beauty standards manipulates people self-esteem causing them to oversee the natural beauty of themselves. According to some people, Sandra expresses “Nicole Casto was unhappy with the way she looked and determined to do something about it” (2004).... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Have you ever considered having plastic surgery. After reading this paper you might want the surgery or you might not. Plastic surgery, a form of art, can reconstruct your body and renew your confidence but can you accept the risks involved. Plastic surgery ranges from one- thousand dollars to three- thousand dollars or more depending on the surgery (Body fat reduction: Suction-Assisted Lipectomy). There are plenty types of plastic surgery. One type is called liposuction. The best candidates for liposuction are of relatively normal weight with pockets of excess fat in particular areas.... [tags: Plastic Surgery Cosmetic Surgery]
1093 words (3.1 pages)