Plastic surgery good and bad
There are so many good and bad things that can come from getting plastic surgery. This essay will tell you all the effects, good and bad, that come from getting plastic surgery. The main reasons that people get plastic surgery are Medical, Personal, and at times for career enhancement. Though we all should be satisfied with our looks we aren’t so one way of going about fixing it is by plastic surgery. Some people choose this method sometimes as a way of medical recommendation. Another way is for personal use and just to feel better about them. The last effect of plastic surgery is in some ways to advance in the career path you have chosen. There are so many reasons why people choose this but this essay will focus on these three effect as well as the negatives that could occur as a result of unsanitary or just bad work.
The first effect of plastic surgery is self-confidence. Both men and women are recipients of this procedure, though women are mainly publicized for getting the surgery. A lot of people are just not confident in the way they look physically and this causes a lack of want to go out and be an active member of society. Weather it be they feel ugly or not as pretty as their friends a lot of people turn to plastic surgery to help build them up. Women for example get a breast augmentation to enhance their chances of finding a mate. Now don’t get me wrong that is not the only reason women get the produce. Another reason is to help the after effects of being
pregnant. The wear and tear on the breast of a mother can cause a lot of lasting effects on certain parts if not the whole breast so the option to make their breast look more like it did before the children they have had th...
... middle of paper ...
...y $160,000. On botched this show centers on procedures that have gone wrong. In once instance the show features a woman named Alicia that has had a breast augmentation that has gone completely wrong from the position of the implants to the location under the skin where they were put in.
All in all there are so many negatives as well as positives from Personal satisfaction, life saving and career growth all the way to the negative of it becoming an addiction. Plastic surgery is here to stay, weather you like it or not. As stated in the essay there are many ways this procedure has impacted so many peoples lives and although some may not agree with this people want to look and feel a certain way, or need that boost of self-esteem just to live. We all have our reasons for wanting it and for not wanting it but who knows maybe one-day plastic surgery will save your life.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... It can be noted that individuals who are satisfied with how they look will be consequently successful in their work. As a result, this will greatly enhance a person’s quality of life. Moreover, many types of plastic surgery can certainly improve health conditions. For example, breast reduction often helps women breathe better and covering from back pain. However, even after a significant progress in technology, plastic surgery still involves a slew of side effects, risks and danger. One of the most common mistake people make is using the wrong doctor.... [tags: health, self confidence, death]
537 words (1.5 pages)
- Everyone has had their own personal stories of the times that they have been bullied; this could be anywhere from being bullied by their siblings to being bullied at school for things that they do or how they look. In school now, children from the ages of 5 all the way up until they are 18 or older are getting bullied for the ways that they look. Children all throughout school had dreamt of the day where they could just take their defected body part off and just switch it with a new “normal” body part.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- In the world we live in, society somehow always admired beauty. Today women insecurities are focused mainly on impossible high standards of beauty, which causes self-esteem and confidence problems. We see beautiful people everywhere in public, television, and magazines. The flawless appearance of people drive humans insane. The beauty standards manipulates people self-esteem causing them to oversee the natural beauty of themselves. According to some people, Sandra expresses “Nicole Casto was unhappy with the way she looked and determined to do something about it” (2004).... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- "Is it the nose one week, the ears the next, and the breast the following week?" This statement comes from Darrick Antell, MD, a New York plastic surgeon concerning the rise in teen plastic surgery. Should teenagers go through plastic surgery to achieve the ideal body image for society and themselves. My answer would be no because a teenagers body is still developing, there are also many risks involved, and society now has put immense pressure for teenagers to have a certain look for examples celebrities.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery]
863 words (2.5 pages)
- Children love to draw even if that’s drawing on the wall of their home or creating a masterpiece on the table. If they are not satisfied with their drawing they can modify it and make it better to their extent. Plastic surgery is just that. It is changing or modifying the way someone looked for different reasons. Dating back to ancient times and its most basic form, plastic surgery has been apart of the world for many centuries (Kalantar-Hormozi, 2013). Since then it has advanced enormously and in society today any part of the body can be manipulated.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1170 words (3.3 pages)
- California Health and Beauty claims that plastic surgery is safe when accomplished by a well certified and trained surgeon. According to California Health and Beauty, patients must follow several guidelines before consulting with a surgeon: capitally explore for credentials and malpractice claims, complete a medical examination prior to surgery, and follow to the doctor 's orders to refrain from certain activities or drugs. (R. Espejo, 2011) The effects from the recent death of rapper Kanye West 's mother, Dr.... [tags: Surgery, Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Change your life into an angle of a Fifty Degree with a simple method. Plastic or Cosmetologist Surgery, is an amazing method that many people used, which consists in improving their appearance or repairs any form or appearance of the body, and in the face, including injured, misshapen parts. This method is a controversial issue and a really hot topic, between the people who approved the surgery and those that are against to do it or judge the person who do it. The arguments that the people against to the plastic surgery used are, plastic surgery is an unnecessary process which has many risks, so they jugged in a really bad way to those who have the courage of submitting their self to this p... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast, Breast reduction]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- ... Of course, psychological problems like suicidal feeling are not only psychological problems. There is a solution to these problems. It is no plastic surgery for teenagers. Now is possible with parents permit it. So, plastic surgery is only good for people over age 18. An exception in law would be necessary for teens that have burned or hurt in accidents. Also we can have a law about tests for psychology problems. Surgeons must be required to do more tests with patients and test for suicidal tendency, obsess for the face or body, depression and unrealistic feeling about surgery benefits.... [tags: health and psychological risks]
939 words (2.7 pages)
- When you hear the phrase “Plastic Surgery” what comes to mind. Maybe dangerous, and risky, or do you think about the scalpel and all the cutting and all the blood. I myself think about how it’s only for rich celebrities who have a couple extra hundreds of thousands of dollars to spend. We have a bad habit of overlooking all the good things that plastic surgery can achieve. From life altering surgeries and saving lives, by highly qualified surgeons, to giving people more confidence and getting rid of depression, plastic surgery provides all that and more.... [tags: health issues, looks]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- Outside beauty and staying forever young are the newest trends among today's society. Women are the highest percentage of this trend because women have been conditioned at young age to believe outer beauty is unsurpassed. Plastic or cosmetic surgery in the past has been kept hushed, never knowing did she have her nose worked on. Today plastic surgery is being embraced by the millions and highly looked upon. Recently a friend of mine had a breast augmentation. Her argument was the need to feel more confident in her own body.... [tags: Cosmetic Surgery]
1345 words (3.8 pages)