Is Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Good For Teens?
Why are so many teens considering plastic and cosmetic surgery? Do they not know the risks? The rates of teenage plastic cosmetic surgery have gone up in the recent years. There are many bad negatives to getting plastic or cosmetic surgery. Should teens be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery? Teens should not be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery to change or enhance their body image because they will face many health problems, it promotes body dysmorphic disorder, and they run the risk of getting addicted to plastic cosmetic surgery.
The first reason why getting plastic or cosmetic surgery is a risk is because breast implants can cause many health issues. The U.S Department of Health and Human Services wrote in the article Cosmetic Surgery in which it states “breast implants risks include dimples, wrinkles that won’t go away, pain, and implant breaking” (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services 1). This shows you the risks of getting breast implants. When you get breast implants you run many health risks. Eventually all breast implants will break. There is no way to get around this, even if you are super careful. When they break they will cause pain to you, not to mention all the gunk that is inside either saline implants or silicone gel implants is now inside of your body. You know the “do not eat” packs that come in items such as backpacks and shoes? That is silicone. If we are not supposed to eat it, why would you let your teen put it in their body willingly? According to Dr Nalini Chilkou in the article 25 Reasons Not to Get Breast Implants “Getting breast implants increases your risk of getting ALCL (Anaplastic Large Lyphoma), which is type...
... middle of paper ...
...2,000 girls, 41% aged seven to ten and 63% of girls aged 11 to 16 said they felt pressure to look the way celebrities do. Since 2005 the teen plastic surgery industry has grown a whopping five-folds” (Martinson 1). This quote shows the impact of how celebrities and plastic or cosmetic surgery influence young girls. A lot of celebrities get plastic cosmetic surgery, and due to the media, all we see are these celebrities. Since they’re everywhere, young girls want to look like them, and this promotes an unhealthy body image. Plastic or cosmetic surgery should not be offered to teens because it promotes an unhealthy body image to teens by decreasing their self-esteem and by giving celebrities plastic or cosmetic surgery and putting them all in the media, teens feel like they have to look a certain way to be perfect, which furthers BDD within the teenage population.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 9374674 Is Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Good For Teens. Why are so many teens considering plastic and cosmetic surgery. Do they not know the risks. The rates of teenage plastic cosmetic surgery have gone up in the recent years. There are many bad negatives to getting plastic or cosmetic surgery. Should teens be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery. Teens should not be allowed to receive plastic or cosmetic surgery to change or enhance their body image because they will face many health problems, it promotes body dysmorphic disorder, and they run the risk of getting addicted to plastic cosmetic surgery.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Red blood cell]
1799 words (5.1 pages)
- Plastic/cosmetic surgery is a vast area of practice that can be analyzed as a benefit to some individuals who desire to alter their appearance while others find this practice to be somewhat unnecessary. These procedures often times are a beneficial aid especially when many people live in a society where they are constantly judged and in many cases, a race against the clock not just men but for women. Plastic/cosmetic surgery carries many perks but with those perks can come great danger and overly-charged funds.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast implant, Surgery, Breast]
1724 words (4.9 pages)
- 5 Reasons Plastic or Cosmetic Surgery is Right for You You are generally happy with how you look and feel, your self-esteem is positive, and you have a healthy outlook on life. Yet, with a small change in your appearance you know that you could look and feel even better. If this sounds like the way you would describe yourself, then you are the perfect candidate for cosmetic or plastic surgery. Plastic and cosmetic surgery can take years off your appearance, make positive changes in your physique, and even help improve your overall feeling of wellness.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1022 words (2.9 pages)
- Everyone has had their own personal stories of the times that they have been bullied; this could be anywhere from being bullied by their siblings to being bullied at school for things that they do or how they look. In school now, children from the ages of 5 all the way up until they are 18 or older are getting bullied for the ways that they look. Children all throughout school had dreamt of the day where they could just take their defected body part off and just switch it with a new “normal” body part.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Reconstructive surgery, Surgery]
1199 words (3.4 pages)
- Between celebrities, other socialites, and everyday people cosmetic surgery has become increasingly popular over the years. Everyday people have used cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance, whether it is to look like someone else or to look prettier and skinnier without a goal of being a look alike millions of people get these surgeries every year. Everyday people and celebrities alike as they age are getting cosmetic surgery to look as if they have not aged at all and to appear younger then they looked before.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast implant]
1124 words (3.2 pages)
- We see those girls walking, we see those celebrity that looks very perfect in every way we want them to be, we see those big breast in the bathing suit and we see those perfect shapes and appearance. Plastic and cosmetic surgery have become a “consumer good” and people are buying them mostly non-stop. The people that plan to get plastic and cosmetic surgeries are the one that should really think about it and also people that can’t even afford it. It’s because they don’t know what the outcomes are.... [tags: celebrity, surgeries, self-esteem]
2627 words (7.5 pages)
- Top 8 Reasons You are Ready for Cosmetic Surgery Cosmetic surgery might not make you look exactly like your favorite actor or singer, but it can bring out the very best you, enhancing and highlighting your strengths, making some adjustments to your trouble spots, and visibly shaving years off your appearance. There is not one single reason people choose to have plastic or cosmetic surgery, but there are some very good reasons that it might be the right option. Below are eight of the most common reasons that plastic surgery might be right for you.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Breast, Mastopexy]
1127 words (3.2 pages)
- Plastic surgery is defined as the alteration, restoration, or reconstruction of the body by practitioners in the field. Although plastic surgery has many reconstructive procedures, society tends to focus on the cosmetic aspects of the field. The act of changing one’s “god given” appearance is looked upon with cold eyes by the general public and as an intern in a plastic surgery arts center, it is not uncommon to see women fidgeting in the lobby wondering if the doctor would be able to help them with their insecurities.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1233 words (3.5 pages)
- Hunter Reinhart Research Paper Writ 101 11.30.12 Title: Reconstructive & Cosmetic Plastic Surgery: a Pro or a Con. Introduction w/ thesis: Is it the bigger, perkier breasts, the taught tummy, the lifted butt, or the younger looking face that draws people to plastic surgery. Is it the cost, the pain, the perception of being “fake” because you got plastic surgery that pushes people away from wanting to get the surgery. Have you ever considered getting reconstructive or cosmetic plastic surgery. Are you for or against the surgeries.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Breast]
1423 words (4.1 pages)
- Plastic Surgery: An Annotated Bibliography “Cosmetic Surgery vs. Plastic Surgery.” American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. The American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, 2016. Web. 11 Feb. 2016. While both cosmetic surgery and plastic surgery involve improving a patient’s body, the overall principles and philosophies guiding the training, research, and goals for a patient’s outcome differ. The procedures and techniques of cosmetic surgery are entirely based on enhancing a patient’s appearance. Key goals may include improving ascetic appeal, symmetry, and proportion.... [tags: Plastic surgery, Surgery, Reconstructive surgery]
1036 words (3 pages)