As a child I remember my mother was always busy at work in her garden. It was full of lush red cherry and big boy tomatoes so, juicy and sweet that I could pick them right off the bush and eat it. I would eat so many of these lovely succulent round balls of red that my mouth would start to feel the pain from the acid in the tomatoes. She grew everything from a variety of vegetables so tasty to flowers so beautiful they would take my breath away. I could not wait for springs arrival, just to help her cultivate our summer gardens.
The types of gardens I plant are flowers, vegetable, and herbs. There are plants that love to reside in the shade and plants that love the sun. One of the trendiest gardens to plant is the Salsa garden. The necessary vegetables these beds are the early girl tomato for their sweet, juicy taste, also added are tri-colored peppers, red, yellow and green. In keeping with tradition you need to add Jalapeño pepper to your garden for its bite of heat. Last but not least it’s the Cilantro that adds the authentic flavor to any Salsa.
In early March I wait for the wintry snow-covered land to melt and the days very slowly warm with the spring weather. Each day that passes I see the light peaks of green fingers slowly making their way up through the dead foliage left over from the cruel and cold winter. The trees too are showing signs of spring with their buds covering the trees and bushes, in just a few long weeks the buds will start to pop and show the initial sign of spring.
A landscaping plan is a must practical design that flows. The choice of plants can offer beautiful displays throughout the growing season, research each plant and discover how what it takes to have a success garden. I hav...
... middle of paper ...
...he Basil is my favorite for its unique fragrance and versatile use. This lovely herb is used mostly in Italian cooking; it wouldn’t be Italian unless you add the Basil. Fresh herbs add so much more flavor to a dish and a healthily alternative to salt. Some of the other Herbs I plant for their flavor are Rosemary, Sage, Parsley, Thyme, Chocolate mint, Cilantro.
Planning, planting and taking care of my gardens can be a full-time job, but it is a loving habit that I look forward to visiting daily. I try to plant a new perennial each season, this type of flower returns every year and it often multiplies. I usually split these plants year after year and have many varieties without having to spend a lot of money to get your gardens growing. I like to include annuals too; these do not return yearly but it adds beauty and variety to my great collection of flowers.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Urban planning is a process that relates to the use of a piece of land; its development, maintenance and protection. Primarily, it involves creating a practical design that distributes each component of the city while including unique values dedicated to a certain group of people. The plan has to follow a certain criteria concerning regulations, environmental issues, public facilities, and economic growth. This process is important to determine and assure that an available space will be used in the most functional way possible and that its citizens will be satisfied with their surroundings.... [tags: City, Urban planning, Urban area]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Fruits and vegetables are grown chemical-free in a backyard gardens whereas some pesticides are used on fruits and vegetables that are grown organically. Industrial farms have jumped on the band wagon and are turning to pesticide free farming. According to the organic trade associations website, if consumers would choose to purchase only one organic item out of every ten it would provide fifty three million servings of fruits and vegetables harvested without pesticides each day. On the average, twelve different pesticides are what an adult is exposed to when eating conventionally grown fruits and vegetables each day.... [tags: fruits, vegetables, chemical-free]
1999 words (5.7 pages)
- The Herb Garden The Internet until recently has not been something I am overly familiar with. It has only been in the last year that I have really been using a computer for much beyond word processing, and email. The Internet and its online communities, are a completely new experience for me, and quite a foreign one at that. During this past semester, I have found myself needing to look up all sorts of different information, and the Internet has been a primary source for that information. Since I have AOL, I attempted to get used to my computer and how the Internet works, by spending time in the AOL chat areas.... [tags: Internet Chat Rooms Communication Essays]
1201 words (3.4 pages)
- The decline in comprehensive urban planning was one of the major assets in determining the capitalist view facing social resistance. This made it difficult for planners considering the number of critiques that persistently argued about the impact of planning. This is because cities have changed; there was no way to hold a consistent plan. The conflict between the central controls needed to perform comprehensive urban planning versus the capitalism in which individual property holders say about of how things are done because of their interests in their property.... [tags: Urban Planning]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- The events industry in the UK is one of the most flourishing and lucrative industries in the country. In 2014, the UK events economy had an estimated worth of £39.1bn and employed the equivalent of 430,000 full time jobs. Beyond the statistics, it is important to establish creative and effective management strategies across the event production, planning and operational board, without these, the aforementioned statistics would not be possible to achieve. The essay will identify the absolute necessity of strategic planning and management, health and safety, risk, and financial management, through to the planning and operational processes crucial to the survival of the industry.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1041 words (3 pages)
- What does it take to keep a company moving forward at a steady pace, in a forward direction and being successful at every twist or turn. Strategic planning will help any organization achieve their goals and also planning strategically will help them achieve them at a faster rate. A strategic plan according to the book Strategic Management by Ryszard Barnat states that it provides direction for an organization’s mission, objectives, and strategies. It defines the action steps by which a company intends to attain strategic goals, which also includes decisions that can greatly change the character or direction of the organization.... [tags: Strategic planning, Management, Strategy]
949 words (2.7 pages)
- In any retail operation or company, planning is a very important factor for the success of any endeavor in that it involves the actual anticipation and organization of what needs to be done and how it should be done to reach an objective.(Retailing, pg.40) Strategic planning involves a company or firm to adapt its resources to the actual opportunities and possible threats of the ever-changing retail environment, and, if used properly, a good strategic plan can help retailers achieve and maintain a beneficial balance of its resources and possible opportunities to come.... [tags: Business, Planning]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- John Steinbeck is one of the most successful prize winning writers in the twentieth century. He has become a household name as his works of literature are still popular to this day. He has a "skill with which the themes, symbols and moral vision are expressed... and ensure his place with the best writers of his generation" (McCarthy 392). A few of his stories, such as "The Chrysanthemums" examines the "psychology and sexuality of strong women who must somehow express themselves meaningfully within the narrow possibilities open to women in a man's world." (Mitchell 517).... [tags: American Literature]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Introduction Over the years, church planters passionately stepped into church planting across the globe at great costs in obedience to God’s call. Some used the mother-church method and cell or house church method in cross-cultural settings. Some planters believe that it is the quality of their planting methods, effective publicity, attractive programmes, missional teams and resources that will make their church plant successful. Whereas these are helpful, the central factor is the God of mission, who, through the work of the Holy Spirit and the gospel reveals himself to people, convicts of sin, transforms people and brings them salvation.... [tags: Christianity ]
1522 words (4.3 pages)
- Strategic Planning 1. Appraise the formal planning efforts at the Copley Company for the period 1981 to 1984. INTRODUCTION Copley Manufacturing Company was primarily a manufacturer of a wide line of cutting tools and related parts and supplies. Late in 1980, Mr. Sagan, director of corporate development and Mr. Albert, executive vice president agreed that regular formal planning should become part of management’s way of life at Copley. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY In 1981, Copley Manufacturing Company had begun formal corporatewide planning.... [tags: Business Planning Essays]
2431 words (6.9 pages)