Selection of and Justification for Selected Alternatives
According to Hitt et al. (2014), acquisition helps to achieve a greater market power and market size since a firm will be able to sell its products and service to a much larger consumer base. In this case, the acquisition of TTI would help TEOCO to increase its client base from primarily domestic (North America) to the international market. Acquiring firms within the same industry are considered as a “horizontal acquisition” (Hitt et al., 2014). At TEOCO, setting a flexible company policy focusing on core values and core competencies would result in a higher performance while helping to develop new capabilities and skills from the acquired firm. On the other side, continuing to embrace the culture of shared leadership and entrepreneurial spirit within the company is an effective framework TEOCO needs to integrate. This will create opportunities to exploit through innovation and determine the best way to manage the company’s strategic leadership. Aside from having an employee stock plan, an all-hands meeting and an advisory team, encouraging employees to embrace the culture of openness and honesty to the new employees are highly considered under a post-acquisition strategy. Employees who are active in participating in the company’s matters usually outperform those who are not. Hitt et al. (2014) discuss a ...
... middle of paper ...
...lans for each unit with clear objectives.
5. Reinforcing action plans by deeply involving in employees’ engagement initiatives (“Management Employee Engagement During Times of Change,” 2013).
TEOCO is one of the examples of a culture that highly cultivates shared leadership and principled entrepreneurship. Due to lack of innovation and slow growth, it is time for TEOCO to implement strategic changes in terms of an effective M&A and HR strategies. Since the telecom solution software industry is considered as fragmented and highly competitive, Atul needs to catch up with the current situation by making strategic decisions to save his company from troubles. Not only TEOCO needs to focus on having an effective shared leadership and employee ownership to maximize talents, but also adjusting several changes and merging culture to fit the company’s status quo.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1 Introduction “Estidama” is an Arabic word for sustainability. Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council’s (UPC) Estidama Program is the government’s initiative to integrate principles of sustainability into Abu Dhabi’s urban development and economic master plan. Bespoke to the region’s culture, climate and physical environment, Estimate is developed to be more than just a set of principles or a rating system. It is presented as a way of life in the Arab world that will encourage sustainable urban and economic growth, protect the natural environment, and preserve Abu Dhabi’s unique cultural identity and historical assets (Estimate, 2010).... [tags: sustainability, United Arab Emirates]
2585 words (7.4 pages)
- Options Identified in the Literature for Approaching the Problem Option 1: The importance of preventive measures and sustainability planning in tourism development. Control policies (taxes and regulations) should be used to protect the environment against negative influences of tourism development. Option 2: The demand for continuous monitoring and managing negative impacts. The necessity of a measurement and assessment standard for auditing environmental impact Option 3: Social awareness is the key to balance tourism development and sustainable preservation Option 4: Sustainable models of tourism, especially ecotourism, should be a part of a preservation strategy in order to maximize their... [tags: Sustainability, Environment, Tourism]
1697 words (4.8 pages)
- SUCCESSFUL SUSTAINABILITY EDUCATION PRACTICES As the concept of education for sustainability has grown in global prominence, many schools and teachers are eager to implement sustainability education in the classroom. However, teachers often feel unsure of how to actually teach sustainability: they rarely have the opportunity to build their knowledge in this area and, as such, may not have a great deal of experience in crafting sustainability education programs. This study shares some of the ways that teachers are successfully implementing sustainability education at sites where sustainability is a shared goal among educators and community members.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Sustainability]
936 words (2.7 pages)
- The Centennial Olympic Congress of Paris recognized these problems and incorporated environment as a “third pillar” of the Olympic charter, along with sports and culture. The UN Environment Program (UNEP), now a veteran and influential player in this arena, was among the first to get involved with the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to work towards environmental sustainability issues in the Olympics. UNEP has also worked with the IOC to develop an “Agenda 21” for the Olympic Movement based on environmental sustainability guidelines created by delegates at the 1992 UN Conference on Environment and Development.... [tags: Environmental Sustainability ]
508 words (1.5 pages)
- According to Sustainable Measures, “there may be as many definitions of sustainability and sustainable development as there are groups trying to define it. All the definitions have to do with: • Living within the limits • Understanding the interconnections among economy, society, and environment • Equitable distribution of resources and opportunities (para. 1, 2). Sustainability is interrelated to the value or worth of life in a community -- whether the economic, social and environmental systems that define the community are responsible for or providing for a healthy, productive, meaningful life for all community residents, present and future (Sustainable Measures.... [tags: Sustainability, Renewable energy]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- The fourth phase of the Information security program is the Sustain phase. In this phase we are making sure to keep the network, computer systems, applications, and environment up and running in a secure and protected manner. This includes making sure that implemented controls are continuing to work properly, continue to do vulnerability assessments, and continue to do education and awareness. The price of security is the eternal vigilance, since the security is the ongoing thing, rather than one event only.... [tags: Security, Computer security, Risk]
736 words (2.1 pages)
- ... To be able to capture a significant number of tourism planners in the population sample, data was collected from tourism agencies at the Lusaka Ministry of Tourism Environment Natural and Resources, Zambia Wildlife Authority in Lusaka’s Chilanga headquarters, Zambia Tourism Board Lusaka and Regional Local ZAWA branch in Livingstone (Mosi-oa-Tunya) area.Local Livingstone greater area communities leaders of Community Resources Boards (CBR) agencies and popular lodges, tourism enterprises and guesthouses in Livingstone form the local community.... [tags: Zambian tourism industry]
688 words (2 pages)
- Sustainability for MNEs has been a continuous goal for over forty years, starting with agricultural concepts. Intervention began considered by world authorities as early as 1980, as described in “The World Conservation Strategy” (Allen, 1980). Because of global attention on sustainable growth and development and conservation of resources, global climate conferences began convening in 1997 (Cadieux & Conklin, 2011). Sustainability has become a global concept and an institutional concept that is not only part of an institution’s Global Citizenship and Governance, but is also overseen as part of the institution’s Code of Conduct.... [tags: Sustainability, Corporate social responsibility]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Sustainability is an issue that everyone should be concerned about. If the planet Earth is going to exist, as we know it, everyone should wake up and do their part to help achieve a greater level of sustainability. In my English 101 class we learned about the issue of sustainability. Many different topics were discussed and researched throughout the course of the semester. Overall, I think that the sustainability project has been a learning and enlightening experience for everyone in this class.... [tags: Personal Narrative Writing]
811 words (2.3 pages)
- Sustainability Sustainability is a term frequently used by our leaders (and planners) but is often not questioned or defined. The root word sustain implies that it means making something last. However, what does it really mean to sustain something and what is it that we are talking about sustaining-- nature, our environment, our world. These are all very abstract terms themselves. Around the time the term sustainability arose, scientists had discovered a series of threats to our environment and viewed these as a major problem to the endurance of human population.... [tags: Environment Human Nature Papers]
3496 words (10 pages)