Citi Trend’s mission statement is as follows, “Citi Trends is the go-to place for incredibly low-priced, real urban brands and urban-style fashion for the whole family. You'll find Rocawear, Apple Bottoms, Coogi, Dereon, Akademiks, Mecca, Baby Phat, Ed Hardy and more for up to 60% off mall prices. As of this minute, we have over 480 stores in 27 states.
As of May 2005 Citi Trends became a publicly traded company on the Nasdaq exchange with the symbol CTRN. Citi Trends' headquarters are located in hi...
... middle of paper ...
...ring that their customers gain efficient circulation through their merchandise. (Retailing, pg.498) This type of environment is ideal for Citi Trends in that it provokes customers to wish to browse, and Citi Trends has strategically placed signs to provide its customers with cues as to where each department begins and ends.
Citi Trends has been in the apparel retail business for over 58 years now with over 480 stores operating throughout 27 states in the United States. They have proven that they know how to adapt resources to their opportunities and are aware of and handle any and all possible threats to its company’s objectives. With their good strategic plan they were able to adapt to an ever changing retail environment to be able to achieve and maintain a certain balance of its resources; thus positioning themselves for accelerated and profitable growth.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In any retail operation or company, planning is a very important factor for the success of any endeavor in that it involves the actual anticipation and organization of what needs to be done and how it should be done to reach an objective.(Retailing, pg.40) Strategic planning involves a company or firm to adapt its resources to the actual opportunities and possible threats of the ever-changing retail environment, and, if used properly, a good strategic plan can help retailers achieve and maintain a beneficial balance of its resources and possible opportunities to come.... [tags: Business, Planning]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- In today’s business environment most companies are looking to cut costs, increase productivity and streamline processes. When working on a BoB, Best of Breed, strategy companies can select the best system for achieving a specific business process to achieve the desired result. This leads to lack of connectivity among the company trying to piece together disparate softwares. ERP, Enterprise Resource Planning, can make streamlining data between departments, regions and employees very simple; it creates a unified system for large companies to work on.... [tags: Enterprise resource planning]
1259 words (3.6 pages)
- Firstly, allowed me to incite the importance of the organization 's mission in planning a strategy, the mission seeks to answer the question of what business are we in. It is a concise statement that explained the organization 's reason of existence, the mission itself will help the company to realize their vision statement as what do we want to come. In addition, the mission statement is a partial portion of the strategic plan that should be kept confidential. Porcelanosa- Amman had to facilitated public relations activities and communicate to customers and other important information that could be used to build trust and long term relationships.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning]
705 words (2 pages)
- While Beauchemin’s (2014) outreach program may have increased athletes’ awareness of the importance of mental skills in sports, Stambulova (2010) presented a five-step career planning strategy (5-SCP) to assist athletes with career transitions. Stambulova’s (2010) 5-SCP also utilized a holistic wellness approach. Within this approach, one’s athletic career is viewed as an important component of that individual’s lifelong career (Stambulova, 2010). Moreover, the holistic approach promotes success in athletic and personal domains (Stambulova, 2010).... [tags: Time, Future, Present, Past]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- Human Resource Planning and Organizational Strategy The nature of strategic planning Strategic planning is something all upper management must engage in this type of planning. Allen, Plunkett and Attner (2013) “defines the firm’s position, formulates strategies, and guides the execution of long term organizational functions and processes” (Allen, et al. 2013). This being said strategic planning is a simple step by step guide to creating long term goals according to resources and environment. Elements of strategic planning Allen, Plunkett and Attner (2013) stated four questions that are designed to answer critical questions about a business.... [tags: strategic planning, management]
1251 words (3.6 pages)
- Strategy and Planning There are several techniques business owners and managers can employee into the daily culture of a company to obtain success. An objective also known as a goal (Kinicki & Williams, 2016) is an essential tactic when companies desire to attain a measurable outcome with a specific time frame. However, it is critical for both owners and managers to understand the three types (hierarchy) of goals (strategic, tactical, and operational). While setting goals, managers and owners must also create a strategic, tactical, and operational goals.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning, Plan, Planning]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Many organizations currently utilize production plan strategies in an effort to win the future market which has promising outcomes due to the high rate of demand on the consumer goods and services. With a clear understanding of the good marketing plan strategies the business owners are able to come up with good proposals concerning the future projects and through proper follow up and consultation the plan ends up making high profits for the organization. The production plan strategies come in different formats and it is the responsibility of the organization to choose the best format which suites their product and expectations.... [tags: Business Organization, Future Market]
669 words (1.9 pages)
- • INTRODUCTION There is no doubt strategy development is a tough and timely process, however, the strategy implementation across the organisation is considered even more problematic and challenging. No business strategy can be succeeded without effective execution. In the real market, the majority of managers are more informed and experienced for the strategy development other than strategy execution. This essay addresses some of the key challenges and barriers of strategy implementation. Most of the theories and recommendations which have been explained in the management literature are limited to the requirements for planning and designing a fitting strategy.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategic management]
1194 words (3.4 pages)
- Implementing the Planning Process Strategic planning has become a pervasive practice in nonprofit organization 's (NPO’s) (Bryson, 2010). In contrast to for-profit entities, the nonprofit relies heavily on volunteers to fulfill the organizational mission and vision. To be successful in service to clients, the employees, managers, and boards of nonprofits develop strategies to recruit, train and retain a volunteer workforce (Creating a Skilled Volunteer or Student Workforce, n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.aep-edu.com/creating-a-skilled-volunteer-or-student-workforce.html.... [tags: Strategic planning, Strategy, Organization]
1332 words (3.8 pages)
- Central Theme The novel Good Strategy/ Bad Strategy by Richard Rumelt was published in 2011 as a response to the lack of strategy the author witnessed around him. In the introduction, Rumelt explains that strategy is not limited to businesses, but is a course of action that all entities should be accountable for. This lack of accountability and awareness of true strategy urged Rumelt to discuss the difference between good strategy and bad strategy (hence the title), and how the ladder of the two causes inefficiency and stunted growth in all aspects of society.... [tags: Strategic management, Strategic planning, Strategy]
1873 words (5.4 pages)