Essay PreviewMore ↓
You're sitting at home planning a party. You've got your list of invitees down. A cupboard full of chips and dips, and a cooler full of beer. You go to your computer and start putting together some mix Cd's of your favorite music. As you gather the songs you notice yourself singing along with one, and your eyes widen, lit up as you a struck with an idea.
"I should have Karaoke at my party!"
Brilliant! What could be more fun that a Karaoke party? The answer: a lot of things, if you're not careful! While Karaoke is a pass time enjoyed by people of every age, race and gender, it's also something you have to be in the mood for. So what happens if people show up to your party and aren't in the mood for Karaoke? Get them in the mood.
There are three basic steps to throwing an amazing Karaoke party, and it all starts with invitations.
Step 1: Inviting your guests
With any luck, everyone at your party will have a blast, but do you know who won't? The people who don't show up! Karaoke is always fun with a good sized crowd, but if you aren't careful, you may loose half of your guests. It's all about how you present your invitation. There are two different types of people you will be inviting to the party; people who love karaoke, and people who like karaoke. The difference is this...
People who LOVE karaoke - Make sure they know this is a karaoke party! This will be the smaller of the two types, but they are also the most important. They will go out of their way to attend, and you will need them during the party.
People who LIKE karaoke - The easiest way to help ensure they will come is to avoid mentioning karaoke, and just tell them you are having a party. Why? While it is true that they enjoy karaoke, if they realize your party will focus around this activity, come party day they may think, "I'm not really in the mood." With people who just like karaoke, this can often be the case, and the number of people attending can make or break a party.
Step 2: The supplies
First and foremost is the karaoke machine. RENT ONE! Unless you own a professional karaoke machine, you should get one. This might seem a little expensive, if you buy yourself a cheap one and then try to supply yourself with a good selection of music, you'll end up spending a lot more, and getting a lot less.
How to Cite this Page
"Planning a Karaoke Party." 123HelpMe.com. 23 Feb 2020
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Parties can range from house warming parties, to birthday parties, holiday parties, engagement parties, etc. You can even throw parties just to have fun. Find a reason to celebrate, whether it is a holiday, a special occasion, an achievement, a big announcement, a new endeavor, a job well done or a journey completed. The reason you are partying will set the tone. Before you can have a party, you must go through a preparation process. This is where you plan the party. You try to figure out how to throw the party, by doing this you have to first come up with an idea, reason, or a theme.... [tags: Process, event planning, ]
543 words (1.6 pages)
- Planning a Party The process of planning a party takes a lot of time and focus to get every detail covered. First of all, you must decide where you will have the party, maybe a club house or your own home. When you have that decided then there are several other steps you must take in order for your party to be successful. You have decided on a location, and now it is time to make a list of the people who will be attending. Make a list of everyone you want to attend and do not forget their family members who may come with them.... [tags: Process Analysis Essay]
578 words (1.7 pages)
- Campaign Party: The Democratic Alliance 1. Introduction to the DA 2. Initiating the campaign 2.1. Charter 2.2. Project Statement 3. Planning the Campaign 3.1. Project Description 3.2. Project Goals and Objectives 3.3. Scope 4. Execution of the Campaign 4.1. Execution Strategy 4.2. Project Organisation 4. 3. Project Facilities and Resources 4.4 Project Stakeholders 5. References 1. Introduction: The Democratic Alliance (DA) is a South African political party that’s roots lie in the anti-apartheid movement of the 1970’s, at this time it was known as the Progressive Party, it renamed its self the Democratic alliance in the 1990’s.... [tags: campaign, planning, alliance, voters]
1378 words (3.9 pages)
- The United States, comprised of much political diversity, has only two major political parties, the Democratic Party and the Republican Party. The Republican Party was founded by anti-slavery activists on March 20th, 1854, and is represented by its mascot, the elephant. Often referred to as the “Grand Old Party”, or GOP, Republicans favor customs that exude traditional Christian values with a platform based on American Conservatism. As a Christian myself, the values I share with Republican ideals are a main reason I side with the Republican Party.... [tags: Democratic Party, Republican Party, George W. Bush]
1153 words (3.3 pages)
- Housewarming Party Gifts Housewarming parties have been a major tradition for decades. During this event, family members and friends arrive to welcome you into a new house and help it transform into a home. These parties are also a great way to meet all your new neighbors. Moving into a new space is certain filled with numerous hassles. As a result, you might not be interested in having a party. However, being a tradition, you are expected to have one. Of course, your guests will certainly understand if your home is not perfectly ready.... [tags: Parties, Idea, Housewarming party]
1528 words (4.4 pages)
- Situation Analysis Corporate Issue The Green Party of Canada (GPC) was founded in 1983 in Ottawa. The party believes that all life on the planet is interconnected, and that all humans have the responsibility to protect and preserve the natural world. The GPC, like its provincial counterparts, supports green economics, progressive social planning, and responsible and accountable governance. However, Canadians don’t see the party as an accountable voice of power. For this reason, the GPC isn’t one of the three major leading federal parties.... [tags: Elections, Election, Canada, Political party]
940 words (2.7 pages)
- The events industry in the UK is one of the most flourishing and lucrative industries in the country. In 2014, the UK events economy had an estimated worth of £39.1bn and employed the equivalent of 430,000 full time jobs. Beyond the statistics, it is important to establish creative and effective management strategies across the event production, planning and operational board, without these, the aforementioned statistics would not be possible to achieve. The essay will identify the absolute necessity of strategic planning and management, health and safety, risk, and financial management, through to the planning and operational processes crucial to the survival of the industry.... [tags: Management, Strategic planning]
1041 words (3 pages)
- 1. Analysis The overall situation is that the company is being hit with a DOS attack. They are not prepared so it leaves everyone to run around panicking. The procedures are out of date so if the new night shift employee had looked at them he still would have been lost. The third party security company is not detecting this attack so they never stepped in. The biggest problem is that most of the executives are more concerned with PR than fixing the problem. Finally when the personnel from our company get to the third party security center they will not let her in because she is not on the list.... [tags: Security, Risk, Business continuity planning]
2141 words (6.1 pages)
- In any retail operation or company, planning is a very important factor for the success of any endeavor in that it involves the actual anticipation and organization of what needs to be done and how it should be done to reach an objective.(Retailing, pg.40) Strategic planning involves a company or firm to adapt its resources to the actual opportunities and possible threats of the ever-changing retail environment, and, if used properly, a good strategic plan can help retailers achieve and maintain a beneficial balance of its resources and possible opportunities to come.... [tags: Business, Planning]
1700 words (4.9 pages)
- Planning a Wedding It seems like only yesterday that my sister and I, adorned in flowers and lace, were playing house and rehearsing imaginary wedding vows. The past twenty-one years seem like a whirlwind and every day keeps coming faster and faster. The big day is no longer a fantasy; my wedding is five months away. What do I still need to make this event as special as I’ve wanted it to be for more than half of my life. There are so many things put into a wedding, and efficient planning is very important.... [tags: Wedding Planner Plan Planning Essays]
1893 words (5.4 pages)
Just as important as the karaoke machine is the food and beverages. It is a party after all. As far as food goes, avoid really heavy foods. Things like "pigs in a blanket", meatballs, or any sort of dinner foods. These foods will make your guests feel sluggish and tired, and when people are tired, they don't want to sing! Stick to chips, meat and cheese trays, hot wings and sugary foods. These will keeps your guests happy and high energy.
Now, if you want to loosen up your guests vocal cords and inhibitions, there's nothing that does the trick quite like alcohol! Mixed drinks are your best choice. They are fun, flavorful, and, best of all, won't slow everyone down. Serve fun drinks like Jell-o shots or margaritas. Beer will weight people down just light heavy foods, so if you are going to serve beer, go with bottled. People tend to drink them a little slower, and their is less beer to them. Wine is generally best avoided, but if you must, go with a White Zinfandel or a Lambrusco. They tend to be more of the "party" wines. Also, make sure you have an amply supply of soda for any non-drinkers. Energy drinks are great too, but a little more expensive.
Step 3: Getting people in the mood
You're guests have arrived and the party is underway. This is the easy part. Have fun and sing! As the host, you may have to be the first one to sing. Most people don't want to be first up, so take charge and get things started! Then focus on encouraging the people who "LOVE" karaoke to get up there and sing, and try to get them to drag others up there with them. Many people need someone to sing with them first before they feel comfortable on their own.
Make sure you have people sign up on a list so you have a singing order, and make sure someone enforces that! Nothing can kill a karaoke party like having one drunk guy hog the microphone.
And there you have it! The recipe for a perfect karaoke party. Now, just make sure you don't wake the neighbors with your 3am performance of Bohemian Rhapsody.