“Il est certainement un magnifique paysage”
If you are adventure-loving and want to witness spectacular landscapes in just one trip then PLAN A VACCATION TO THE SOUTH OF FRANCE .Southern France does not only encompass James Bond-worthy casinos at Monte Carlo, the mega-yachts of St. Tropez and the star-studded Cannes Film Festival, but it has even more to it; the natural beauty with its heartwarming simplicity offers an affordable and lifetime experience.
If you are up for a relaxing experience and less crowded vacation, September is a great time to be in the region. However, July and early August can also be considered as an option as the lavender fields are at their peak. July with it also brings music festival in Orange (opera), Avignon Toulon (dance) and Juan-les-Pins (jazz). Then of course, there is the Cannes Film Festival in May.
Arles is one of the best sites that southern France offers. It features impressive Roman monuments. The Roman theatre, the arena and the cryptoporticus (subterranean galleries) – date back to the 1st century B.C. Its Roman Heritage adds to the historical significance of Arles. For the art lovers, it is well known as one of the locations where van Gogh painted some of his most famous masterpieces.
The top destinations of French Riviera (or the Côte d'Azur, as the Riviera is called en français) include Monaco, Marseille, St Jean Cap Ferrat, Cap D’antibes, Cannes, St Tropez, Nice, Villefranche. St Tropez on the Côte d'Azur is a beach destination. The town's fascination lies in ...
... middle of paper ...
...s each May.
These destinations are only handful of all the diverse sites situated in the south of France, to explore the Roman heritage and its exclusivity. However, there are certain factors to be considered before your departure. The French typically do not speak English. Admire this and learn some basic French beforehand. The final preparation for traveling to the South of France involves collecting the necessary documents. For trips of less than 90 days, citizens are not required to obtain a travel visa but a passport is necessary. Prior to driving in France, it is necessary to obtain an international driver's license, gray card and valid insurance card. These documents are compulsory for renting a car. Charting out potential destinations that fall your route prior to flying across the Atlantic will allow you to get the most from this trip.
Have a safe journey.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- “C’mon, Jake. We’re going to be late!” I yelled at my far behind brother. “As fast as I can, sis.” The thing is, we’re heading on our first trip to Paris. Jake is going to leave for a few months to go back to the army for his shift as a Special Forces candidate. “Flight 54 to Toulouse, France now boarding. Plane doors close in eight minutes!” The loud woman’s voice echoed through the gigantic, busy building. As soon as we made it to the luggage scanner, I grinned with joy. “I can see it now, Jake.... [tags: plane, family, trip, france]
521 words (1.5 pages)
- 1. Introduction 2. History 3. Planning/Preparation 4. Execution/Action 5. Lessons Learned 6. Works Cited Introduction In the spring of 1940 Europe was enveloped in war. The German military machine had already conquered Poland, Denmark, and Norway. However, not content with northern and eastern expansion, Adolf Hitler wanted to control the western countries in Europe. Hitler had long been obsessed with attacking and controlling France. After their defeat in World War I, the German people, government, and military were humiliated by the enormous post war sanctions leveraged against them from the Treaty of Versailles.... [tags: The Fall of France, Nazi Invasion of 1940]
2520 words (7.2 pages)
- The time that I spent in France was one of the most extraordinary elements in my life. My jaw reached the ground and my eyes popped like a lightning bolt. These reactions took place as I stepped into the beautiful landscape of this pleasant city. The elegant and sophisticated attractions were surrounded by a number of miniature homes and the streets packed with stores arranged in a linear perspective. The smell of rich coffee fumed into the air as if someone sprayed perfume to the rest of the city.... [tags: Eiffel, Fireworks]
707 words (2 pages)
- Even though it may seem that a quiet town in the South of France would tend to be a little dull for those more interested in the fast-paced nightlife, visiting Antibes might prove to be quite an enjoyable experience in itself just yet. Located along the French Riviera, Antibes sits directly on the water and is positioned in between the familiar French cities of Nice and Cannes. As much beautiful scenery as there is to see throughout town during the daylight hours, there are just as many things to keep you entertained at dark.... [tags: essays research papers]
943 words (2.7 pages)
- Creating a System to Plan a Trip In this project I will be creating a system to help plan the costs, amount of people and which people are going on the overnight trip. Here you will be taking the role of Sana, who is helping her French teacher (Mr Campbell) work out the costs of the week long French trip as he was experiencing some difficulty. On a day to day basis Mr Campbell has to create a letter about parent evenings for the trip, permission slips, dietary and medical requirements and remaining money.... [tags: Papers]
2341 words (6.7 pages)
- The Rivers of France The Rhône system The Rhône is the great river of the southeast. Rising in the Alps, it passes through Lake Geneva (French: Lac Léman) to enter France, which has 324 miles of its total length of 505 miles. At Lyon it receives its major tributary, the Saône. In eastern France the direction of the main rivers is predominantly north-south through the Alpine furrow. The regime of the Rhône is complex. Near Lyon the Rhône and its important Isère and Drôme tributaries, draining from the Alps, have a marked late spring-early summer peak caused by the melting of snow and ice.... [tags: Geography France Rivers Water Essays]
3902 words (11.1 pages)
- Demographics, Population & Ethnicities: France is the 19th most populous country in the world. The total French population is estimated to be 63,718,187 with around 60, 876,135 living in metropolitan France. The largest cities in France are Paris, Marseille, Lyon, Lille, Toulouse, Nice, and Nantes The French society has a wide diversity of people and ethnicities. Ethnic groups include Celtic, Latin, Teutonic, Slavic, North African, Indochinese, in addition to the Basque minorities in the south.... [tags: France Culture]
1865 words (5.3 pages)
- The Beautiful Natural Environment of the South of France The south of France has often been described as having one of the most beautiful natural environments in the world. Many visitors, from painters to pilgrims, have found the pleasant Mediterranean climate to be both relaxing and inspiring. It is also a region that played host to some of the most lively social activity in the early 20th century. From Marseilles to Monaco (actually an independent country), southern France was a site of much popular focus in the 1920’s.... [tags: Exploratory Essays Research Papers]
706 words (2 pages)
- France Country Profile An Overview France, formally called the French Republic, has played a major role in Western Europe history. It has been a consistent power for centuries. It was one of the original countries of the European Union, and has been a dominant factor in global trade. France has also been a driving force in the Common Market (CM), the European Economic Community (EEC), now called the European Union (EU), and is a permanent member of the United Nations. Historical Background France was established under a feudal system, first recorded in 843 with the crowning of Charles the Bald; France’s first King.... [tags: French History, Global Market Place]
807 words (2.3 pages)
- Introduction France, which is the largest nation in Western Europe, is a presidential republic. France is a very important nation in Europe and it continues to be involved in contemporary policy issues. Helping the world as one of the great trading nations, France is a very important trading partner with the United States. Not only is France important to the United States, they are also important to countries all over the world. Their abundance of both mineral and agricultural resources make them a very important supplier of products all over the world.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
2732 words (7.8 pages)